Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear

Old 11-03-04, 06:01 PM  
Joe

Inexpensive spinning bike

Does anybody know of a good quality, inexpensive spinning bike that can be used with most, if not all, the spinning videos on the market? I'd like to get started in spinning but I just haven't found a bike at a decent price for my tight budget.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-04, 08:31 AM  
PamelaP

I think Cleda was able to find a decent bike at a lower price, but if I remember correctly, it isn't an actual "spin" bike, just a reasonable facsimile.

Other than maybe the Johnny G bike, I think it's hard to find a decent spinning bike for under $500-600. I paid $725 for my V-bike but have used it so little that I have to say I now regret the purchase.
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-04, 11:54 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I have a Multi Sport ENC 200 that I bought a year or so ago for around $400 and have used pretty regularly since then with no problems. It has a 42 pound fly wheel, and has been very sturdy.

I use mainly Spinervals, but have done Jay Blahnik, and the Spin Unlimited workouts on it. No problems satnding, or doing anything.

I found it online, from a recommendation by another VFer - the place that sold it to me has sales on eBay, too. I missed the eBay one, contacted the seller, and got a better price than the one on eBay sold for. I'll try and find the name of the seller for you - he had other spin bikes too

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-04, 07:05 PM  
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaP
I paid $725 for my V-bike but have used it so little that I have to say I now regret the purchase.
My birthday's coming up if you want to give me a gift.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-04, 10:14 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

The ENC200, 360 or 600 can be purchased from www.efitnessdirect.com

I think the 360 is probably a nice bike. You can always do better then the price on the site. I spoke to Andy there and he gave me a much better deal then the web site was asking.
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-04, 06:49 AM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

trainer?

If you already have a road bike, then a trainer that you hook your road bike up to would be your cheapest option. There are several threads about trainers in this Equipment and Gear section, I think.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
WWWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-04, 10:50 AM  
Barb
VF Supporter

Yes, I second a trainer. That's a really good idea. If I had thought about it (instead of being my usual impetuous self) I would have bought a road bike and a trainer instead of an expensive spinbike.
Barb is offline   Reply With Quote