Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-27-14, 03:29 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I'm so sorry you are going through this, I'll be praying for you all. Best of wishes from the bottom of my heart.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-14, 04:57 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Oh Mandy, I'm so so sorry, for you and all the others who have walked this hard road... It's one we'll all get to at some point. I'm praying for peace and wisdom and unity of mind for you and your sister...
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-14, 08:56 AM  
deineira

I don't have any advice for you Mandie, but want to send you and your sister, and your whole family hugs and prayers.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-14, 09:02 AM  
lingo10

Sorry for the horrible turn of events, even though you cant see the light in this darkness, it exists and everyone will be okay again soon. May you find clarity and resolve. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. May God Bless you and your family <3

FT25 Alpha, Beta, Gamma Grad 4/14
Insanity Grad 8/14
Insanity Max 30 Grad 3/15, 2x Grad 11/15
Current Programs/Workouts: Caroline Girvan's Iron Series & Other Mixed Workouts.
lingo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-14, 09:53 AM  
iheartsts

So sorry for all you're going through. Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

I lost both parents within 10 months of each other 30 years ago, and there's not a day that goes by that I don't think of or miss them. My DH is slowly dying of COPD and every day is a struggle. It's something we all eventually go through, but that doesn't make it any easier.

Please stay strong.
Peace to you,
Old 09-27-14, 10:15 AM  
Jewels5

You are in my thoughts and prayers too. I'm so sorry you are going through this. (((Hugs)))

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-14, 10:30 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Mandie, I'll be praying for you and your family, as well!

Pam

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-14, 11:04 AM  
Aquajock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandie123 View Post
My Mother who has always been very healthy(92 yrs)other than being in a wheel chair for the last 10 due to not doing rehab after hip replacment had a major stroke a few days ago.She lives with me,EMS was able to get her to a great hospital here in just a few minutes.She could not move on one side and no speech,Neuro Dr gave her a clot busting drug which within the hour she was able to move that side again.The prob is-she still can't swallow or speak,they have inserted a nasal feeding tub,.During the C.T.S they also said there is another small bleed.I'am over there all the time she will hold my hand tight and seems to know what I'am saying.Now today the Dr tells me they suggest watching her for a few days than I and my sister(she's out of town)have to make a decision,either to put in a perm feeding tube thru the stomach or just put her on pallitive care.I am beside myself with grief,I mean she still looks at me and crys when I leave.Has anyone had to go thru this I guess I'am asking? I love her so,and when they tried to explain the pallitive care I just freaked out.I know I guess I just don't want to let go.Sorry for such a depressing post,I'am really tired but will read any replies! Mandy
Mandy, my sister and younger brother and I were in almost the same position you and your sister are now in, back in late December 2011. Our mother also had a catastrophic stroke, and was not discovered until hours later, long after anything meaningful could be done. After intensive examinations, my sister (who lived in the same city as our mother and was her primary go-to girl) was told that the stroke's effects on Mom were so profound that, although there might be a glimmer of hope for minimal return of some bodily and brain function, that was it - a glimmer. Our mother had always made it abundantly (to say the least) clear that she did not want ANY extraordinary measures taken to prolong her life if she were rendered helpless like this. When my sister relayed this to my brother and me in a conference call and asked what our thoughts were, I paused for a long time, then said, "I can't get my mouth around what I know the answer to be."

We did in fact honor Mom's verbalized wishes, and moved her into a nearby hospice facility, where she died about 3 days later, in peace and among loved ones.

There are no easy answers here. I do echo others' advice to get. some. rest. And then try to approach this with a clear head, you and your sister both, and try to gauge the realistic possibilities here as well as your best understanding of your mother's wishes. I'll also give you some advice my father gave me as we were all sitting vigil during the days Mom was in the hospice center: do everything you can to conserve your energy. You'll need everything you got for this one.

My thoughts are with you and your family now.

Annette
Old 09-27-14, 01:44 PM  
suzannaerin

Mandie - Sending you love and prayers. I don't have any advice to offer you but to listen to your heart.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-14, 03:46 PM  
mtngoat

Mandie, I am so sorry you are going through this. My thoughts go out to you and your family.

Lori

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote