Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-29-14, 10:46 PM  
Alyluna

Thanks so much for all the replies. It looks like the JumpSport is the popular one.

So much to think about, though Soft or firm bounce? I didn't even think about that. I want cushioning, but if I want to use it with a faster paced DVD, I want a bounce that allows me keep up with the beat. Uggh, I wish there was a sporting goods store where I could actually try one.
Alyluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-14, 10:49 PM  
Alyluna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
Ginger - Glad to hear you're enjoying your JS.

Alexandra - I started out with the Urban Rebounder, using videos, and was very happy with that for a number of years. I started getting interested in bungees when my joints informed me they weren't getting any younger . Just under 2 years ago I purchased the JumpSport 200 when it was a Lightning Deal on Amazon for a steal (I think it was $129) and fell in love with bungee rebounding. My only complaint with my current rebounder is a personal thing....I'd like a larger jumping surface and am strongly considering purchasing the 49" Bellicon. It's a big financial commitment, and one I likely wouldn't have seriously considered had I been new to rebounding. I look at rebounding as something I can do for many years....unlike high impact cardio.

I've been doing higher impact moves on rebounders for years, so I'm very comfortable making any modifications necessary to use my old work-outs. Cathe's IMAX and the Firm Volume 1 are two of the early work-outs I used with my Urban Rebounder. I'd go on and off the rebounder as needed between weight and cardio segments.

These days I tend to freestyle to my own music and make up my own work-outs. I may also do weight/cardio circuits depending on my mood.

I'm jealous that you got to go to one of the early Firm trips!

Good luck with your decision.
Thanks Cyana! That's exactly how I want to use mine - maybe some free style bouncing once in a while but primarily would like to use with my high impact DVDs, like the IMAXES which I haven't used for years.
Alyluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-14, 06:03 AM  
horsemom2

If you want a faster bounce bungee, it is either a Jumpsport PRO or a Bellicon Ultra tension for their 44 or 49 inch models. Their next lower Bellicon tension may be ok for their 39 inch model if you are under 180 pounds but you can order both tensions with the intention of returning one. Personally, I see no point of paying so much more for a Bellicon 39 inch model. If I were to go Bellicon, it would be only for the larger models.

This post compares the prices etc
http://neverendingplateau.blogspot.c...rebounder.html

I chose Jumpsport PROs because of foot problems and didn't think the 49 inch Bellicon would be firm enough for my feet. My feet tell me when it is time to adjust the cords tighter like I just did for my one year old JS 550. Most VFers have nonPRO Jumpsports or Bellicons because the JS PROs are more recently available.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-14, 06:29 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I still have - and love - my Cellerciser spring rebounder, which is quiet and has a very balanced and buoyant bounce. It was around $300 at the time and was a great investment for me.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-14, 07:04 AM  
cyana

To clarify....I just realized I said I had a JS 200 upthread....it's actually the 220.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-14, 08:24 AM  
SueT

I have a 44 inch Bellicon, and I think the extra-strong bungees are perfect for doing high impact moves. I think it is definitely a hard enough bounce to do any kind of workout. Right now, I'm about 148 pounds.

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-14, 08:29 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueT View Post
I have a 44 inch Bellicon, and I think the extra-strong bungees are perfect for doing high impact moves. I think it is definitely a hard enough bounce to do any kind of workout.
I was thinking the same thing about my 44 inch Bellicon with extra-strong bungee cords. I can keep up with workouts on it. My Bellicon is newer so my extra-strong cords are stronger than the extra-strong cords people bought a few years ago (which would be more like Bellicon's current strong cords). It's a very firm mat, center included. I wouldn't want to go any stronger than extra-strong!
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-14, 08:31 AM  
SueT

My bellicon is brand new, and I agree, I wouldn't want to go any stronger than the extra strong bungees!

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-14, 04:23 PM  
rosepetals

I love my 44" belicon. I have a bad back and joints. I can workout on it when other workouts would cause lots of pain. Leslie on the floor can cause pain in me. On the rebounder it is not an issue.
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-14, 04:32 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosepetals View Post
I love my 44" belicon. I have a bad back and joints. I can workout on it when other workouts would cause lots of pain. Leslie on the floor can cause pain in me. On the rebounder it is not an issue.
This is me! I love doing floor work on my large Bellicon. I feel great pain when I lie on the floor on one side doing leg lifts and such. But I feel no pain when I lie on the Bellicon mat doing the same moves.

Tags
jumpsport, low impact cardio, reboundair, rebounder, rebounding, trampoline