Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-21, 06:48 PM  
Gams

Cold weather motivation

It was 25 below zero (actual temperature) when I got up this morning. The furnace was working overtime, but the temperature in the house had sunk to 61 degrees. So to take the chill off and cope with worrying about the furnace, I put Leslie Sansone in the DVD player and didn’t stop for two hours. It was nice to have my 11,000 steps in by 9:00, but I’d rather not do it like this every day.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 06:58 PM  
Pam

Brrrr-that’s cold! Great way to get warm!
Old 02-07-21, 06:59 PM  
Erica H.

I'm struggling with this, too. I usually run every morning, but haven't been able to in a really long time due to icy roads or brutal wind chills (or both).

I'm impressed that you did two hours of Leslie! That is determination!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 07:06 PM  
wendug

Wow! I'm impressed. The cold here made me lose my motivation for a workout today. I shoveled a little bit in 0 degrees and that was it for the day. My dogs didn't even want to go for a walk, which is quite rare for them!
Old 02-07-21, 07:12 PM  
alisoncooks

Yeah, I just burrow back under the covers in this cold weather. I'm struggling to get going in the mornings! Too chilly.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 07:24 PM  
Gams

A lot of my motivation was worrying about the furnace. I needed something to stop me from looking at the thermostat every five minutes. The warmest it got in the house was 63 degrees. That’s better than the temp continually going down.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 11:33 PM  
kat999

Good for you! It's been really, really cold here, too, and I always wind up having decreased motivation on such days, especially on the weekends. I was supposed to do a long workout today (per my personal rotation calendar) but wound up snuggling under the covers with coffee most of the day instead. Oh, well! There's always tomorrow!

But the bitterest cold of winter just really saps my energy.
Old 02-08-21, 05:23 AM  
Erica H.

One thing I have found that keeps me motivated is youtube. There are so many workouts I want to try and it's been fun trying new workouts every day. Some are great, some are so-so, but they keep me moving and excited to exercise each day.

Erica
Old 02-08-21, 07:45 AM  
Rhonda

We are in a cold snap here. No where near minus 25 but we are single digits and minus wind chills.

I guess I just get up and do it. No thinking about it. sure under the covers is so much nicer and warmer but I know if I don't get up and do it, I will feel like crap the rest of the day.

My main workout is before everything else, weekends get up and do it it before breakfast, weekdays get up and do it before going to to work. Been like this for so long that for me it is a no brainer.

We can do this
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-21, 08:59 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I guess I just get up and do it. No thinking about it. sure under the covers is so much nicer and warmer but I know if I don't get up and do it, I will feel like crap the rest of the day.

My main workout is before everything else, weekends get up and do it it before breakfast, weekdays get up and do it before going to to work. Been like this for so long that for me it is a no brainer.

We can do this
Same for me. I pretty much roll out of bed and get it done.

Erica

Tags
cold weather, motivation