Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-18, 01:30 PM  
TinaT

Anyone Doing Short Workouts? 15-25 min Max

I'm finding I'm hitting a wall at about 20 mins into my workouts. I've been fighting it for some time now and feel like I need to just give in for awhile. Doing something for 20 mins is better than nothing. Right?!

I pulled out Firm Super Sculpting and did the warm-up and both upper body segments. Came in at 23 mins totals. I also feel like doing just toning/sculpting work. No major cardio right now. Fatigue is kicking my fanny for sure.

Maybe tonight I'll get in a Classical Stretch segment. We'll see. Anyone else doing short routines?
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-18, 01:37 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I like to combine a few short workouts....Essentrics, Pilates, cardio, & yoga....each vary from 20 - 40 min.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-18, 03:11 PM  
donnamp

Like Pam, generally, I would rather string together several short workouts than do one long workout.

I am not sure if it is my exercise ADD or lack of time or lack of motivation!

During the week, I tend to split up my workouts and in the morning I will do a short yoga, Pilates or Classical Stretch and then in the evening I will do a short "traditional" workout - lately, Jessica Smith - her stuff usually comes in at 30 min. I also use Pahla Bowers (You Tube) quite a bit, she has many short - under 30 minute routines and I like her personality. She is around my age (she is 49) and is very motivating and has a fun very "real" personality. Her workouts are pretty no-nonsense, no complicated choreography or tricky moves.

On the weekends I will sometimes do one longer workout or string together two shorter workouts in one session. But, really, my sweet spot these days is 30 min or less.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-18, 06:04 PM  
bubbles76

I really liked doing KCM's Burn and Build. It felt just right for me and it was short -- shorter than her usual 30 minutes. Gave me time to do the workouts all out, get in a good 10 minute stretch session, and a 15 minute yoga session every day. I've also done Christine Bullock's Evolution workouts, the newer Women's Health Next Fitness Star workouts, and Firm Express workouts without feeling short changed or rushed. These are all around 25 minutes or less.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-18, 06:19 PM  
DCW

When I am tired and just don't feel like doing a workout, I do a Classical Stretch episode 23 minutes. Getting something in makes me feel better.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-18, 07:31 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I love short workouts. I do CS episodes or ETV shorties, Jessica's shorter YouTube workouts, Ellen's new streaming shorties (I love her Quick Sculpt), Lee Holden's 7 minutes of Magic, etc.

Like Pam, DCW and Donna..I string things together.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-18, 07:58 PM  
Lannette

I also love stringing together shorter workouts or segments from workouts. It’s like having 3 or 4 different small desserts rather than just one bigger dessert.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-18, 08:01 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I only do short workouts these days. I haven't worked out longer than 30 minutes in months and months. Most of my workouts are 10-20 minutes. It's so much easier to fit into my day, and I don't feel exhausted afterwards.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-18, 10:35 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I usually do a workout early in the morning so the duration varies based on when I wake up! (I try to avoid setting an alarm as I could do with the extra sleep). As such, it's not infrequent that I only have 25-40 mins to work out, and something is better than nothing I use a lot of KCM and JessicasmithTV as a result, and also some shorter FIRM split workouts and Margaret Richard segments (lower body floorwork + sometimes abs). Lots of upper body workout options in 25-40 mins around too, with Cathe's premixes and Gilad's stuff, aside from reliable KCM. Splits are great for those short on time!
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-18, 11:05 PM  
lizh

I just bought the Stephanie Huckabee Powerfit DVDs (both the first set and the Harmony set) and they are all 20 minutes. They were pretty cheap on ebay. I've only done 3 but the ones I have tried are great! I highly recommend them.
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote