Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-16-15, 11:14 AM  
michl43

Question Suspension trainer - video or YouTube recs

I bought a Woss (like TRX) suspension trainer. Does anyone have favorite video recommendations?

Thanks
michl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-15, 11:53 AM  
kat_b

There are definitely some on Youtube, but my favorites are the ones on Studio Sweat on Demand and I like the Suspension Revolution set (downloads), but I mainly use the SSoD ones... Maybe because I have to pay a fee to access them?
kat_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-15, 12:34 PM  
Yelly

I second the ones on SSOD!!
http://www.studiosweatondemand.com/
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-15, 12:39 PM  
michl43

Those look good...What is the cost?
Thanks
michl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-15, 12:48 PM  
kat_b

SSoD is a monthly access site: Pay as you go. They run a sale every so often but the usual cost is ~$20/month.
Old 01-16-15, 02:28 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I've recently bought an SSOD year subscription for sale. So I only did one of the TRX wos but bought it to try more. I don't know how often they have a sale. But you can try the site for free for 7 days.

If you like kettebells, Lauren Brooks' Volume 3 has a wo that uses a TRX and kbs. I also like some of the Rip:60 DVDs but you can't buy the DVDs separately.
Old 01-16-15, 02:29 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_b View Post
There are definitely some on Youtube, but my favorites are the ones on Studio Sweat on Demand and I like the Suspension Revolution set (downloads), but I mainly use the SSoD ones... Maybe because I have to pay a fee to access them?
Will you describe the Suspension Revolution set? How long are the workouts, how is the music, and any other details you can think of?
Old 01-16-15, 02:50 PM  
kat_b

I bought it in 2013 and at that point in time they were 15 downloadable work along with videos. I THINK it's the same set. One price for everything. 60-day money back guarantee.

This is from what I posted back then:

There are three beginner and three intermediate workouts (if following the rotation you repeat the three workouts at each level for four weeks) and 9 advanced workouts. Music is minimal and it's an in-house production.

While the circuits themselves are different on each level, the workouts break up into Upper Body/Core/Metabolic, Lower Body/Core/Metabolic, and Core/Metabolic.

Beginner workouts are three circuits of 30 seconds on, 30 seconds rest, repeating the circuit 3 times. Intermediate are 45 seconds of work with 30 seconds of rest. Advanced are [usually] 40 sec. on, 20 off. Once the workout starts there isn't a lot of time wasted (a second here or there). They run for about 35-45 minutes. No warm up/cool down. No chaptering.

There is a timer on the screen and he suggests once you get to know the circuits you cut the rest to 15 seconds and add a fourth circuit (or do an active recovery exercise)

The 12-week advanced program is for you to follow Advanced A workouts for four weeks, then Advanced B for four and Advanced C for four. The advanced workouts are difficult for me...

There is a PDF for each level and it has all the breakdowns and details exercises at that level, and has suggested rotation, warm up and an interval workout. Otherwise, each level's documentation is pretty much the same including repeated testimonials and input from Dan.

All total it is 15 videos. The "27 workouts" includes the 12 finishers that are in the last PDF and some of the "never seen before" exercises are never going to be something I try. Elevated testosterone going on there.
Old 01-16-15, 07:19 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Thanks kat. I think I'll stick with the SSOD wos for now.
Old 01-16-15, 09:48 PM  
neatski

Kat, does the accompanying paperwork have FULL workout breakdowns? That's what I'm looking for- I don't really like work along videos for higher intensity stuff.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jungle gym xt, suspension revolution, suspension trainer, trx