Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-12, 04:33 PM  
Aunt Famous

I have a TRX suspended from my home gym ceiling, and it serves as a constant reminder that I never really use it. Oh, the guilt! Oh, the shame! But this month's Oxygen has a good-looking TRX/weights workout that even I got excited about. And I am planning to do S90's Ultimate Ball tomorrow morning using the TRX rather than the ball.

Your unsuspended friend,

AF
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 01:14 AM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Famous View Post
I have a TRX suspended from my home gym ceiling, and it serves as a constant reminder that I never really use it. Oh, the guilt! Oh, the shame! But this month's Oxygen has a good-looking TRX/weights workout that even I got excited about. And I am planning to do S90's Ultimate Ball tomorrow morning using the TRX rather than the ball.

Your unsuspended friend,

AF
good I downloaded some TRX workouts and used the Corsscore guide last week. I received the mag recently, but need to look at it carefully.

I really like how it challenges me and that I can up the intensity quickly by just changing my position
Old 07-20-12, 01:21 AM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
Sharaz, I didn't appreciate your enthusiasm for your prize until I took my first TRX class this morning (quite by accident -- DH & I thought a kettlebell class was scheduled). OMG. Loved it, but whatta tough workout! It's hard to cheat, too (), and it works muscles I didn't know existed. You'll make friends with your core, for sure.... I asked our trainer if it could sculpt the body as well as kettlebells, and she laughed and said, "Even more so! You're using your entire body weight. Try lifting a kettlebell the size of your body -- ain't gonna happen!" She told us a Navy Seal couldn't bring weights on the submarine he was assigned to, so he improvised by using cut-up parachute cords. He became so cut/ripped that the "TRX" quickly caught on with his crewmates.

What a terrific prize! Enjoy!
Great

It is tough!!! I did my last workout on Friday and felt it on my back/legs for a couple of days. The suspended lunges is one of my favorites. I love that I can load my back with more weight. I was eying this for a while and I'm glad I got it. This is the best minimalist tool/travel toy to work your entire body.

So good that you may be able to take classes at your gym
Old 07-20-12, 08:57 AM  
fagiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
UPDATE: I enjoying my Suspention Trainer very much I'm taking advantage of the Crosscore pulley system.

I got the following attachments to my ST last week at the fitness store.

http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/318236

http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/34577

So last week when I used the ST for glutes + hams I put the ankle straps and placed a 20's and 45's KB as a attachment. I step up on my 15" plyo box and did 3 exercises that JNL is showing on the below video (cable kickbacks + press down using the assisted pull up machine + reverse hyper glute developer) I did the reverse hyper backwards with my hands on the box, one leg at a time and the ankle strap attached. Is similar of the kickbaks on the floor that she shows on JNL Fusion, but here I can add more weight (Another variation is holding to a high kitchen top and using heavy ankle weights) I can change the high of my ST trainer easily because the ceiling on the terrace is high, so make things better. I also have space to use the pulley option effectively. What I like a lot about the Crosscore is the pulley feature. So, now I can do my favorites pulley exercises with the ST. I'm not sure if others ST on the market has this feature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMxmL...ature=g-user-c

We don't have a cable machine at work, and I was missing my Gym cable machine exercises, not anymore with the ST I can go to another gym for free, but I got tire of driving, waiting for machines, checking in. Is more convenient for me to work at home or at work.

I have some ideas with the lifting belt too besides to add more weigh for certain exercises. I want to do abs rises with more weight than what ankles weights provides, so I will wrap it around my things or ankles. Let's see how it works I also got a new 70's pounds Brute Force Sandbag that want to attach to the ST for lower body exercises.

Plus, my Mad Methods has a sandbag DVD on the works. More use to my sandbag

Conclusion: I really like to use the suspension trainer and feel the difference from traditional strength training. I'm grateful for winning the sweepstakes. The Crosscore is the perfect addition to my fitness routines. Thank you Crosscore USA
Hi Sharaz

Is the info about a future sandbag dvd on their website and/or Facebook? I very am interested because I have the sandbag and the Ultimate Sandbag Training Core Strap.

Thanks
fagiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 02:10 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fagiles View Post
Hi Sharaz

Is the info about a future sandbag dvd on their website and/or Facebook? I very am interested because I have the sandbag and the Ultimate Sandbag Training Core Strap.

Thanks
Mark from My Mad Methods gave a head up on an article posted on his web. I seek more feedback about the Brute sandbag and the DVD by mail. He said that more details are coming soon. He didn't provided too much detailed info, except that is expected to be ready around september and is going to be a lot of workouts just in one DVD. You will be able to create your program or something like that. As soon he give full release and details. I'll let you know.

Seems you are ready and in me too

Tags
suspension trainer