Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-12, 10:38 PM  
Genevieve M

home trx/suspension equipment reviews?

Hi,

I am officially now a TRX addict!!! Is there a thread which talks about the different flavors of the home versions of this type of tool? Thanks.
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-12, 11:10 PM  
bee1forfitness

Are looking for articles or types of exercises for TRX/Suspension trainers??
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 08:25 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Are you asking which kind of suspension trainer you should get or are you asking about workouts and exercises ?

I have the TRX (the one you buy off the TRX website). I love it . . . but that's the only one I've tried. I have nothing to compare it to. It is best if you can use it in the middle of the room (attached to the ceiling) instead of using it on a door. I did the door thing for awhile and then I did a TRX class at a gym and I realized how limited my workout was. Now I have it in the middle of my room and it's great. I just wish there were better workout DVDs. I'm not really a fan of the ones put out by the TRX company. I go to a class a few times a month and then try to incorporate things that she does into using it at home. But, it isn't the same as doing it in the class.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 08:31 AM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
Are you asking which kind of suspension trainer you should get or are you asking about workouts and exercises ?

I have the TRX (the one you buy off the TRX website). I love it . . . but that's the only one I've tried. I have nothing to compare it to. It is best if you can use it in the middle of the room (attached to the ceiling) instead of using it on a door. I did the door thing for awhile and then I did a TRX class at a gym and I realized how limited my workout was. Now I have it in the middle of my room and it's great. I just wish there were better workout DVDs. I'm not really a fan of the ones put out by the TRX company. I go to a class a few times a month and then try to incorporate things that she does into using it at home. But, it isn't the same as doing it in the class.
This
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 10:35 AM  
Genevieve M

Hi,

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was interested in the at-home equipment, but it would also be helpful to know what dvd options there are, if any.
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 12:08 PM  
beth22

Based on several threads that I found, I decided to save about 100 bucks and buy the Jungle Gym instead--I'm very happy with it!

This is the thread that helped me the most. http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ght=jungle+gym If you search "jungle gym" or "trx" in the advanced search and specify "general discussion" you'll get a ton of great info.
beth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 04:10 PM  
Getfit

I have a TRX and Rip 60. I prefer the Rip 60. I like the straps, it is more functional than the TRX. Rip 60 comes with 8 DVDs and a rotation calendar. You can buy the Rip 60 for $79 at your local Walmart. You get more bang for the buck with a Rip 60.
Old 06-03-12, 05:14 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getfit View Post
I have a TRX and Rip 60. I prefer the Rip 60. I like the straps, it is more functional than the TRX. Rip 60 comes with 8 DVDs and a rotation calendar. You can buy the Rip 60 for $79 at your local Walmart. You get more bang for the buck with a Rip 60.

I too own a TRX and A Ripped 60 Suspension system. I agree that the Ripped 60 straps are more functional (larger), more comfortable and have a greater ease of getting your feet, legs in and out of the straps. The Ripped 60 DVD workouts are also good. The Ripped 60 straps also allow for rotational movement whereas he TRX as very minimal utility with rotational movements. Ripped 60 is also much cheaper!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 06:42 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
How do the Rip 60 DVDs compare to the TRX DVDs? The TRX DVDs weren't very motivating. They seem to be made to show you lots of exercises instead of giving you a thorough workout. When I do these, I don't feel like I get enough reps in for various body parts.

I'm thinking of buying the Rip 60 because of this thread and because you say the DVDs are better. Do you think the DVDs make it worth the purchase? I've been doing the TRX for a couple of years. Any of the Rip 60 DVDs that are beginner or are made to get you acquainted with the equipment will be a waste for me. Do you still think it would be a good purchase for me?
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 12:05 AM  
GMonkey

I bought serious straps at Amazon for about $40. I do workouts from youtube for other suspension trainers. The straps are adjustable but can be very long, so I don't think that I'm missing anything by anchoring it to the door. I'm curious about the cross core ones with the pulley system though. It seems that they would give a better cardio effect than serious straps or trx.
GMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jungle gym, suspension trainer, trx, trx suspension trainer