Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-13-09, 08:49 AM  
schrovet

There is a download button so you can save the workout to your computer. It is a small screen workout but I find it doesn't bother me. I put it on my phone and it plays very well from there. There is a short introduction but I use that time to set up and warm up.
schrovet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-09, 11:00 AM  
Marie1120
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_73 View Post
I ended up returning mine.
I did try to move it closer to the hinge, but then I didn't have enough space behind me. (furniture)

Just sent it back on Monday so we'll see how long it takes to get a refund. You do have to call & get an RA# for returns. The woman I spoke to was very kind & helpful, so I take that as a good sign.
Thanks for the info. I had a moment of weakness and ALMOST ordered esp with the big sale. Where I wanted to use it I don't think I would have the clearance I wanted in front of the door. We are getting these at the gym I go to and my trainer was going through the training this weekend. If she has me do stuff and I think I would love these at home and use it enough, I might cave later. I agree with the poster that said it is another gadget and I have so many other options for workouts now so would want to be sure this would be a worthwhile purshase for me. DH would be so proud of me for resisting!
2009 - 312/300

"Those who remove mountains begin by carrying away small stones."
- Chinese Proverb

"Getting up in the morning is a case of mind over mattress." Ziggy
Marie1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-09, 11:19 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencelady View Post
There's the Infamous TRX workout - a series of workouts progressing over 8 weeks. http://www.precisionnutrition.com/trx-workout-phase-1 or http://community.fitnessanywhere.com...workout-b.aspx

I.
Thanks, I remember you've posted this before. I took a quick look, but not a serious one. I'll invest the time this week. Since I'm already in good shape (I was able to do the 3 workouts I tried without problem), would I want to start this progression at the beginning?
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-09, 11:24 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
Oh no!!! Those are the three workouts that I bought. I only did the Express one and like you, I just thought it was so-so. I've been using my JG as a sub for some of the AHB gliding exercises. One day, I did look at some clips on You Tube. You can get lots of TRX ideas over there.
I can't really explain what it is that I didn't like. The guy on the Team Sports and Train Like a Pro is a bit annoying, but that wasn't the problem. It was something about the way the exercises are sequenced and about the length of time they do each exercise???? I don't know, I can't really figure it out. I just know that I didn't feel "worked" like I do with a Cathe DVD. But each individual exercise was working me in ways I hadn't done before. I feel like if someone like Cathe or Shaun T was to make a work out with this equipment I would like it more????? I can't wait to hear what you think.

Part of me thinks, "oh, I just need to try more of the DVD's . . . maybe the stregth one or the core one". But, seriously, I've tried 3 of them. I need to go down a different path. I still have ropes and straps to try. I'm planning on today, but it depends on how the day progresses.
Old 12-13-09, 11:26 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrovet View Post
Today I did Insanity plyo circuit. After each water break, I would do 2 exercises from the pentagon trx workout. It made the plyo workout be about one hour. I was watching the pentagon workout on my computer and the insanity on my tv.
Thanks. I'll take a look at this one also. I watched it awhile ago when it was first posted, but I ordered the DVD's thinking they would keep me happy.

When you added the 2 exercises to Plyo, did it bring your HR down or did the 2 add ons keep the HR up?
Old 12-13-09, 11:29 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
Sancho
I passed on the DVD's they have some deck of cards with various TRX exercises on them called "FitDeck TRX Suspension Trainer" @ $15.00 and on in their forum they have lots of ideas and written workouts maybe you could try that as an option, I enjoy using written workouts for KBell, so hope to do the same with TRX
I think you made a good decision. You should get the Express workout with the TRX if you ordered the home package. That will give you a good feel for the DVD's. Since you are someone who enjoys written workouts, the FitDeck will be perfect for you.

Let us know what you think when you've tried it!
Old 12-13-09, 11:39 AM  
schrovet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post

When you added the 2 exercises to Plyo, did it bring your HR down or did the 2 add ons keep the HR up?
Well, I was my normal breathless self after each insanity part. I would take about a 15 sec rest and then do the trx moves. I was still pretty breathless and would need about another 10 seconds before starting the next insanity sequence. But, I am just in ok shape. I didn't wear my hr monitor

I will use trx in this circuit manner or it will be just a 25 min add on bonus on days I feel like exercising a little more.

My favorite moves are the trx pushup, trx mountain climbers and trx inverted shoulder press (one foot in straps, do a hand stand and then shoulder press). I found the latter 2 moves on youtube.

Lisa
schrovet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-09, 12:23 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
I can't really explain what it is that I didn't like. The guy on the Team Sports and Train Like a Pro is a bit annoying, but that wasn't the problem. It was something about the way the exercises are sequenced and about the length of time they do each exercise???? I don't know, I can't really figure it out. I just know that I didn't feel "worked" like I do with a Cathe DVD. But each individual exercise was working me in ways I hadn't done before. I feel like if someone like Cathe or Shaun T was to make a work out with this equipment I would like it more????? I can't wait to hear what you think.

Part of me thinks, "oh, I just need to try more of the DVD's . . . maybe the stregth one or the core one". But, seriously, I've tried 3 of them. I need to go down a different path. I still have ropes and straps to try. I'm planning on today, but it depends on how the day progresses.
I tried parts of both Team Sports and Train Like a Pro. The instructor did not bother me. I can see where some of the intervals seem short except the suspended core exercises because those were tough. I did some exercises after a weight workout. I think that's how I am going to use these DVDs. The TRX/JG is just another tool (which is what you said in another thread) just like the kettlebell. I mostly like kbs for swinging type exercises. However, a lot of other exercises like deadlifts seem fine with a barbell/dumbbells instead of a kb. That's how I feel about the TRX/JG. It will be good to supplement my other strength workouts. I especially love doing suspended core and leg work, some of the suspended upper body, and stretching. But it won't replace dumbbells/barbell and kettlebells.

Tags
door anchor, jungle gym, trx