Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-09, 06:42 PM  
sciencelady

I've used it with the door anchor and regular indoor hollow-core doors - no problems - they do suggest that you anchor it closer to the hinge than to the open edge. I think it's more important that the door latch securely. For the space in front of the door - I'd say about 8 feet to not feel like I'm going to hit my arm or butt against a wall, but you could get away with shortened straps and perhaps 6 feet. Although I prefer using it in open space, I've used during travel in hotel rooms in those narrow, cramped hallways at the room entrance/bathroom area with minor modifications in exercise selection.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-09, 06:47 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
I have used it 3 times on a closet door (hollow) in my workout room. I didn't read that "close to hinge" suggestion. I'll do that from now on. So far, the door looks fine and it has worked great.

Another question - I've done 3 of the workouts (express, train like a pro and team sports). I like the workouts okay, but they aren't great. I'm thinking I might like paper wokrouts better (although I'm not sure how I'll do with that). Has anyone tried any "planned" workouts that aren't their DVD's that you really liked? I've been out to the website and looked around a bit, but haven't found anything that got me excited.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-09, 06:53 PM  
sciencelady

There's the Infamous TRX workout - a series of workouts progressing over 8 weeks. http://www.precisionnutrition.com/trx-workout-phase-1 or http://community.fitnessanywhere.com...workout-b.aspx

I started doing these workouts when they came out on the PN site using yoga straps for my improvised TRX - got me excited enough about suspension training to invest in the real TRX. It was nice to actually see progress in strength and conditioning over the weeks.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-09, 07:11 PM  
adrien_73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie1120 View Post
What did you decide to do?
I ended up returning mine.
I did try to move it closer to the hinge, but then I didn't have enough space behind me. (furniture)

Just sent it back on Monday so we'll see how long it takes to get a refund. You do have to call & get an RA# for returns. The woman I spoke to was very kind & helpful, so I take that as a good sign.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-09, 08:07 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
I have used it 3 times on a closet door (hollow) in my workout room. I didn't read that "close to hinge" suggestion. I'll do that from now on. So far, the door looks fine and it has worked great.

Another question - I've done 3 of the workouts (express, train like a pro and team sports). I like the workouts okay, but they aren't great. I'm thinking I might like paper wokrouts better (although I'm not sure how I'll do with that). Has anyone tried any "planned" workouts that aren't their DVD's that you really liked? I've been out to the website and looked around a bit, but haven't found anything that got me excited.
Oh no!!! Those are the three workouts that I bought. I only did the Express one and like you, I just thought it was so-so. I've been using my JG as a sub for some of the AHB gliding exercises. One day, I did look at some clips on You Tube. You can get lots of TRX ideas over there.
Old 12-12-09, 08:56 PM  
schrovet

insanity + trx

Hi. I have had the trx for about 2 weeks. I found the express a little too easy and too short. I like the workout on the Pentagon channel website. It is 25 minutes and a little tougher than the express. (it is pretty similar to express but I prefer it to express)

Today I did Insanity plyo circuit. After each water break, I would do 2 exercises from the pentagon trx workout. It made the plyo workout be about one hour. I was watching the pentagon workout on my computer and the insanity on my tv.

Don't have a link right now for the pentagon workout. I read about it here a few weeks ago. Will try to post a link later.

Lisa
schrovet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-09, 10:59 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Sciencelady, thanks for your input on the door anchoring issue and thanks Marie for asking the question..I was going to ask myself.
I am seriously thinking of asking DH to buy the TRX for me for the holidays. The website has 20% off through 12/13.

Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-09, 12:13 AM  
bee1forfitness

I should have my TRX on Monday/Tuesday I'll let you know about the door anchoring issues, hopefully it will be okay on my doors, I'll really like to use this with my KBells and build up core strength for Cardio Fight.
Sancho
I passed on the DVD's they have some deck of cards with various TRX exercises on them called "FitDeck TRX Suspension Trainer" @ $15.00 and on in their forum they have lots of ideas and written workouts maybe you could try that as an option, I enjoy using written workouts for KBell, so hope to do the same with TRX
Sciencelady
Thanks for the links
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-09, 01:34 AM  
kali1

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrovet View Post
Hi. I have had the trx for about 2 weeks. I found the express a little too easy and too short. I like the workout on the Pentagon channel website. It is 25 minutes and a little tougher than the express. (it is pretty similar to express but I prefer it to express)

Today I did Insanity plyo circuit. After each water break, I would do 2 exercises from the pentagon trx workout. It made the plyo workout be about one hour. I was watching the pentagon workout on my computer and the insanity on my tv.

Don't have a link right now for the pentagon workout. I read about it here a few weeks ago. Will try to post a link later.

Lisa
Can't wait to see the link.
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-09, 08:46 AM  
schrovet

sure

Here is the vf thread talking about it http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...light=pentagon

Go to www.Pentagonchannel.mil and then look at the channels on the left side of page. Click on Fit for duty channel. The episode is season 2 episode 14.http://www.pentagonchannel.mil

Lisa
schrovet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door anchor, jungle gym, trx