Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-06-21, 10:26 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
The only other thought I have is just because this is a 12 week program doesn't necessarily mean it will have any more workouts than her WS3 set had.

So it seems to me we can't really even know how many DVDs would be involved.

Sherry thanks for forwarding this email response ...ETA: I just noticed you mentioned this was on FB and was a response from Jessica..it just reads to me in parts like 3rd person so that's likely commentary from the admin.
It’s the admin's summary of her phone conversation with Jessica. Sorry about the confusion.
Old 01-07-21, 09:35 AM  
laurajhawk

I've never used Purple Player - which is what Jessica's used for her streaming workouts in the past - so I went to look at their site. Eventually I found this statement, "Watch anything you’ve purchased in a few taps or clicks, online or offline." - which makes me think you can download the workouts (otherwise how would you watch offline).

I'll probably still buy DVDs if offered, but I do stream and am likely to buy the program in whatever way it's available.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 10:12 AM  
s2546

I know purple player and you can't download. Not sure why they say that but I have asked them directly and unfortunately you cannot

Also I asked on Jessica's site about her downloads and they advised it cannot be downloaded to a USB stick. You must use the player. Sure wish that wasn't the case!

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 11:03 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2546 View Post
I know purple player and you can't download. Not sure why they say that but I have asked them directly and unfortunately you cannot

Also I asked on Jessica's site about her downloads and they advised it cannot be downloaded to a USB stick. You must use the player. Sure wish that wasn't the case!

sue
Thanks for the info! I thought that was the case, but wasn't sure.
Old 01-07-21, 02:08 PM  
lurkerfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2546 View Post

sue
That’s so strange because I have downloaded Jessica’s workouts on my phone and my tablet using the purple player. It is nice to have them available while traveling or if you’re in a place with no internet connection. You do have to use the purple player for the download, but once downloaded, you can play the workouts offline.

Maybe download is available for phones/tablets but not for computers or other streaming devices like Roku, etc?
lurkerfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 02:49 PM  
s2546

Yes. You can download using purple player but without purple player you can't access. So you can't download to a USB stick and keep it.

sue
Old 01-07-21, 02:55 PM  
s2546

But if I'm wrong please let me know! Lol. I just at least want it downloaded to a USB stick if I cant have the DVD!

sue
Old 01-07-21, 03:20 PM  
sillygirl

Many streaming sites and apps say you can “download” their workouts when in reality it just means you can save the workout (within the site or app) to use “offline” so you don’t require internet connection to stream them.

For many of us VFers, downloading means being able to save the workout as a file on our computer (or USB stick). You just have to make sure what “downloading” means for every instructor/site/purchase.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 03:38 PM  
s2546

Yep! Exactly!

sue
Old 01-08-21, 07:38 AM  
Rhonda

I can't understand why Jessica hasn't sent her newsletter out explaining the delays and she should know by now if she plans on doing DVDs or not.

We all understand COVID has stalled a lot of stuff and explaining this would help. But then there are probably people saying she is using it as an excuse because other instructors have done new workouts and put out DVDs really with no issue. (don't yell at me, just a thought I had)

I am looking forward to these new workouts and hope they are on DVD otherwise I won't be able to do them.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, jessica smith streaming, jessica smith stretching, jessica smith workouts, lift and shift, new releases, upcoming releases