Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-06-19, 07:44 PM  
Malia

Just heard that Rip Taylor died at 84
Malia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 06:00 AM  
amoodygirl

This morning just heard that Larry Junstrom, founding member of Lynyrd Skynyrd and 38 Special, just passed away.

Diane

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 08:43 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softshoe View Post
Ginger Baker of the Cream passed away. Really a great drummer. I saw him at the Shrine Auditorium in L.A. back in '69 with Jack Bruce and Eric Clapton. They were such a good band back in the day. When Ginger Baker made an entrance the crowd went crazy with excitement. They weren't seats, so he would come in one entrance and walk to the stage. We would give him room like he was royalty. And when they played we all got to dance. He will be remembered.
Wow, Mary I am envious that you got to see them. Thank you for sharing that wonderful experience. I love Cream and we often watch the Royal Albert Hall DVDs. I wasn't surprised by the news but still, it's sad. He had so many health problems. I read in Rolling Stone years ago that he had broken numerous bones playing polo and then the osteoarthritis set in, not to mention the COPD and "issues." He was a volatile character - I've got to read his autobiography now.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 10:30 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Ginger Baker of the Cream passed away. Really a great drummer. I saw him at the Shrine Auditorium in L.A. back in '69 with Jack Bruce and Eric Clapton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
Sorry to hear about Ginger Baker. Big fan. The Cream loved them back in the day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Wow, Mary I am envious that you got to see them. Thank you for sharing that wonderful experience. I love Cream and we often watch the Royal Albert Hall DVDs. I wasn't surprised by the news but still, it's sad. He had so many health problems. I read in Rolling Stone years ago that he had broken numerous bones playing polo and then the osteoarthritis set in, not to mention the COPD and "issues." He was a volatile character - I've got to read his autobiography now.
thanks - i must have totally missed this news of his passing.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 11:12 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Ginger Baker of the Cream passed away. Really a great drummer. I saw him at the Shrine Auditorium in L.A. back in '69 with Jack Bruce and Eric Clapton. They were such a good band back in the day. When Ginger Baker made an entrance the crowd went crazy with excitement. They weren't seats, so he would come in one entrance and walk to the stage. We would give him room like he was royalty. And when they played we all got to dance. He will be remembered.
NOOOOOOO! He was a drummer Extraordinaire!!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 05:27 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
She was beautiful, talented, intelligent. A friend sent me this article:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...was-84-1196051
She was the baddest lady on nighttime soaps back in the day. I lived for watching her play Dominique Deveraux on Dynasty. I did not have the doll though . Also loved her in Claudine. Me and my dad used to love that movie. That one, Cooley High, and Bustin Loose I watched over and over with my dad.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 10:54 PM  
Judy W.

I'm truly saddened to learn that my favorite Mouseketeer, Karen Pendleton, passed away at age 73. Remember Karen and Cubby? They sang "Now it's time to say goodbye..." at the end of each episode. Such a treasured part of my childhood. Goodbye, Karen, and thank you!

Judy
Judy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-19, 06:59 PM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I loved that show Julia. I seem to remember that I even had a Julia doll -- does anyone else remember it?
I had the Julia doll too!
Old 10-08-19, 08:10 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
She was the baddest lady on nighttime soaps back in the day. I lived for watching her play Dominique Deveraux on Dynasty. I did not have the doll though . Also loved her in Claudine. Me and my dad used to love that movie. That one, Cooley High, and Bustin Loose I watched over and over with my dad.
I had forgotten that Diahann also did several episodes on Grey's Anatomy. I went back to youtube to watch and really enjoyed it. she was preston burke's mom.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-19, 09:25 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
I had forgotten that Diahann also did several episodes on Grey's Anatomy. I went back to youtube to watch and really enjoyed it. she was preston burke's mom.
Oh that's right! I loved seeing her in that.

Tags
in memory, off topic, off-topic