Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-12, 03:46 PM  
Getfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
How do the Rip 60 DVDs compare to the TRX DVDs? The TRX DVDs weren't very motivating. They seem to be made to show you lots of exercises instead of giving you a thorough workout. When I do these, I don't feel like I get enough reps in for various body parts.

I'm thinking of buying the Rip 60 because of this thread and because you say the DVDs are better. Do you think the DVDs make it worth the purchase? I've been doing the TRX for a couple of years. Any of the Rip 60 DVDs that are beginner or are made to get you acquainted with the equipment will be a waste for me. Do you still think it would be a good purchase for me?
I prefer the Rip 60 DVDs over the TRX especially since the Rip 60 DVDs are actually a system. TRX DVDs move at a lot slower pace and seem almost instructional whereas the Rip 60 DVDs are fun and really motivational. The first 2 weeks of the Rip DVDs are to get you acquainted with the system. The warm-up is about 9 min. It is a little mini workout in itself. I only did the first 2 weeks but I remember it is more circuit/interval style. You do cardio and then switch to resistance training. I know people were disappointed that Jillian’s was only in 1 DVD but I think Jeremy Strom is a really good instructor. There is also one DVD with George St. Pierre. You receive a total of 12 DVDs. I think it does get progressively harder as the weeks go by but you can make the workouts as hard or easy as you want just by upping your level of intensity. If I had to compare it with anything I would compare it with Weider XT-factor. These are very similar except you are using the suspension trainer and in 2 or 3 of the workouts you incorporate kettlebells. I think if I remember correctly one of the background exercisers in the 1st DVD is the Naheshi Crawford who leads Weider-XT factor. If I had to do over again I would buy the Rip 60 in a heartbeat and forego the TRX. I purchased the TRX initially because it’s a TRX but I think Rip 60 has the advantage with the pulley system. It is more functional movement. You can use the TRX DVDs with the Rip 60 but the Rip 60 DVDs do not transition well using the TRX.

If you do decide to purchase the Rip 60, I am pretty sure you can sell the TRX on Craigslist for at least $75 depending on the version you have.

You can probably get the Rip 60 DVDs in a temp trade to see if you like them.

Tags
jungle gym, suspension trainer, trx, trx suspension trainer