Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-11, 03:29 PM  
pattyd0319

LOL. I have yet to use mine, it's been stuck in the closet for months and months now . I just can't figure out where a good spot would be to leave it out.

The main thing I like is the thought of being able to use it for split lunges, reverse pulls ups and elevated pushups so I still hang on to it in case I find a spot for it. But I usually end up using a ball or high step for split lunges & pushups and a fluidity bar for reverse pullups so maybe I don't really need it and should just list it on craigslist or ebay.
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-11, 07:00 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I hardly use mine. It sat in the box for over a year before finally using it. I have to use a door attachment and the only door that I can use (that opens out) in my workout area is glass. It is not an ideal setup and I am scared of putting my foot through one of the glass panes. Plus the door is the main way in and out of the house so I have to take the TRX down each time I use it. Not exactly convenient.

That said I have used it twice recently when doing Lauren Brooks Volume 3. Great workout even though I can't do all the TRX moves mainly due to my less than ideal setup. One of these days I will get a sturdy frame on which I can mount the TRX.

Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-11, 11:38 PM  
Vee

I love TRX classes at the gym. I would not get a TRX for the home unless I could dedicate a room as my home-gym and mount a TRX permanently from the ceiling.

I exercise in my living room when I workout at home. I dont like to leave equipment visible all the time. I know myself enough to know that if I get a TRX it would sit unused at home because I dont have the energy to mount and unmount one.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-11, 08:13 AM  
enduranceron

I use my Rip60 at least once a week for a full workout. I also use it during P90X workouts instead of repeating the same type of pushups.

I have mine mounted on my Heavy Bag stand.

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom." - Thomas Carlyle

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." - Mahatma Ghandi
enduranceron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-11, 02:15 PM  
Fidget Queen

I work out in an unfinished basement, so I have a ceiling beam that is PERFECT to hang the TRX off of. It fits around it as though it had been tailored for the beam. It is located just on the outer part of my designated workout space, so i can keep it hanging without it being in the way.

I had mine for over a year, as well, before putting it up as I didn't really realize I could hang it down there so easily. I did get the door attachment with it, but haven't used that yet. I just started an STS rotation this week, which was the whole reason i bought the thing to begin with. I wanted a way to do some sort of pull-up variation since my basement has no door space for a pull-up bar.

I actually put it up a few weeks ago to start doing deep squats ala the kegel thread that was going awhile ago.

I absolutely love it. There are so many things you can do with it and it's an incredibly sturdy piece of equipment. I love that it can be adjusted so easily to do any variation of a pull-up you'd like. If I move and am able, I would definitely get the ceiling mount to hang it from. I have fun just playing with it as though I were a kid playing at the jungle gym. Too cool.
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-11, 06:43 PM  
jerebo

Thanks all! Given that I have a gift certificate, I think I will use it for the g-flex. I do have a dedicated workout room. I have a decent squat rack with bars near ceiling height. I wonder if I could just attach the trainer to those bars...
Old 09-22-11, 09:36 PM  
sciencelady

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerebo View Post
Thanks all! Given that I have a gift certificate, I think I will use it for the g-flex. I do have a dedicated workout room. I have a decent squat rack with bars near ceiling height. I wonder if I could just attach the trainer to those bars...
Yes, that works well - it's how it gets set up at my gym.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 08:10 AM  
lingo10

Im so tempted to buy the Rip60 Suspension Trainer or the G-Flex. Cant afford the TRX, even though I like it. <3

But my thing is the doors, can it withstand the doors.

FT25 Alpha, Beta, Gamma Grad 4/14
Insanity Grad 8/14
Insanity Max 30 Grad 3/15, 2x Grad 11/15
Current Programs/Workouts: Caroline Girvan's Iron Series & Other Mixed Workouts.
lingo10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rip:60, suspension trainer, trx, workout space