Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-12-11, 12:32 AM  
Genevieve M

Trx 101

Boy, I am REALLY out of the loop - I am just now starting to hear about TRX. So maybe those in the know can fill me in:

. how does the home version stack up to the club experience?
. what kind of results have you gotten?
. Minuses?

Thanks for any info you can give.
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-11, 05:19 AM  
adrien_73

Well...with the home version I found that my doors were too flimsy and looked like they were going to break if I used my TRX regularly. Also, I didn't have any doors that would allow me to see the TV while I was exercising so the follow-along DVDs would not be useful. I didn't like the idea of drilling in my livingroom ceiling to install the anchor, so I ended up returning mine.

I'm sure you'll get some better feedback from others here who LOVE theirs, but just wanted to mention these limitations!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-11, 06:15 AM  
obrn

Smile

The YMCA I belong to offers it and it looks amazing. I think they offer it in 6 session packages. So far, I've been able to talk myself out of it.
Old 08-12-11, 07:00 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
I haven't used the TRX in a gym, so I can't compare. I do have the home version. I've used it a few times hooked into the closet door in my gym. My door was strong enough to hold it. Although, I don't know what would happen if I used it more often. I really enjoy using the equipment. It certainly works the muscles differently than doing the same exercises without it. My complaint is that I don't enjoy the DVD's. They don't have the same pace and flow of my typical instructor (Cathe, Tony, Shaun T) workouts. I really don't reach for these very often because of the DVD offerings.

Also, I think myTRX usage would be better if I was able to hook it to the ceiling in the middle of my room so that I could get movement in front of and behind the straps.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-11, 07:11 AM  
Steve4404

Trx

Genvieve:

TRX is a great workout, I have been using it for over a year. You should first try a TRX class in a health club to see how you like it. I use my TRX at home suspended from a doorway pullup bar and it works fine. If you want an excellent TRX DVD, get "Train Like the Pros". The instructor is a little annoying but its a challenging workout, especially the core part.
Steve4404 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension trainer, trx, trx suspension trainer