Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-16, 08:02 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn38 View Post
I signed up. Not sure if I will do it but I like receiving the emails for when I'm ready to.
This! But, I have sort of started one of her challenges before and had to bail. All those KBKB workouts back to back did a number to aggravate a pre-existing condition in my shoulder. If I do this challenge, I'll be sure to alternate with some strength training.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-16, 02:44 PM  
RoccoLuv

I've never done one of her challenges. Not sure how many KB workouts per week are on her schedule? I hope it's not 6 days per week!
Graduate of p90x (2x), Insanity (2x), P90X+, CLX, STS, Turbo Fire, Asylum 1 & 2, JNL Fusion, Body Beast, Xtrain, Fitness is Function Kbell, Cathe Ripped with Hiit. Currently doing Edge Booty Extreme 2.
RoccoLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-16, 02:59 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoccoLuv View Post
I've never done one of her challenges. Not sure how many KB workouts per week are on her schedule? I hope it's not 6 days per week!
This is a sample of week 7 using the body series:

Monday - Arms & Glutes
Tuesday - Lean & Double Kettlebell Cardio
Wednesday - Legs & Abs
Thursday - 40/20
Friday - Rest & Stay Active
Saturday - Doubles & Add In The Bonus TGU Workout From The Book Below
Sunday - Recovery Workout / Rest

I'm not doing the challenge, I'm following the rotation calendar that came with the body series set, I started with the beginner rotation, which had 4 workouts per week, for the first 4 weeks. HTH

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-16, 07:47 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

I signed up as I need a structured program right now.
I got the schedule and also have read thru her nutrition challenge. I am in!
There are 2 rest days, Thurs and Sun.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-16, 05:27 PM  
lorajc

I must say I'm a bit unhappy with her mixed rotation as she just says to mix all of her programs any way you want......that's not thought out for results and certainly is not a rotation in my opinion.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-16, 07:59 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

She has you pick from any of the sets you own.
"Feel free to mix, going between two programs or three, four or even all five! You'll pick a workout from program 1 and then 2 and then 3 and 4, basically rotating the workouts. Don't over think this, just go one-for-one, as you wish and pay attention to the rest days ".

I think I will do this one since I own everything but the downloads. I am very inclined to buy the latest downloads as well so as to complete my collection.

I started with Scorcher 2.0 and just finished Killer Combos. It is so nice to use KBKB again. I particularly liked the side swings. I am all in and am so excited again. I have done BJ's new set twice this year. It is time to do another rotation. I can't get into Paul Katami's 4x4 system as a rotation. KBKB has more appeal to me.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-16, 06:15 AM  
Snuckles

I'm in! I started yesterday with Power from her original set. Looking forward to this. Just hope I can stick with it.
Old 05-10-16, 06:53 AM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
I must say I'm a bit unhappy with her mixed rotation as she just says to mix all of her programs any way you want......that's not thought out for results and certainly is not a rotation in my opinion.
I saw this too and thought it was pretty lame. I signed up for the challenge she offered last year and she did program specific workouts even in the mixed rotation. The "do whatever you want approach" is lazy and totally defeats the purpose of following a rotation. I guess one way to do it is the build your own rotation picking the days from the specific set based rotation she gives, so on Day 1, you can chose the Scorcher workout assigned for that day, for day 2, chose the 7 day lean workout in the 7 day lean rotation, etc. but then you're basically doing your own rotation and there's no need to follow along with her, really. Her directive to mix and match as you choose is not a rotation.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote