Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-18, 09:05 AM  
TinaT

CS: Season 8,9, 10, 11 or 12?

I've previewed the clips of all 3 and it just confuses me more on which one to choose. I have Season 6 and have just started using it again within the last couple of days.

I've owned other seasons throughout the years, and then let them go. I've read through a few threads on CS and I know a few of you have made comment that her newer Seasons seems to be her best. She seems to add more variety of movement etc.

So here we go again.... which of the 3 I've listed in the title would you choose? And why? No enabling and saying ALL!! LOL

ETA: I mentioned 8 and 9 in a comment below, so I changed the title thread. Nothing like high jacking your own thread.

TIA ~
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-18, 09:52 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Hi Tina-

I'd do 10 or 11. 10 probably has more challenging episodes but it would depend on if you like the format of episodes that are all floor, all barre, or all standing.

I like 11 fine. 12 moves more very slow and has a lot of beginner episodes.

Lately I've been doing some of the older seasons...6 and 8.

Maybe you should do a month of streaming and try out a few episodes from each of the seasons and decide? $14.95 is pretty cheap compared to the cost of an entire season. You could try out the new workouts, too, from Amanda, Gail, and Meg.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-18, 10:08 AM  
Izzy

If I had to pick between the three I would pick 10, I am not a fan of 11 or 12. They both move too slow for me. I too do mostly seasons 6-9. My one complaint about 10 is the standing/floor/Barre only format. I tend to gravitate to just standing which I know I should branch out. If I do season's 6-9 and it goes to the floor or barre, I am forced to follow.

I agree with Jackie, doing a month of streaming will help you decide which works best for you.

Mary
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-18, 10:20 AM  
TinaT

Jackie ~ I know you've talked highly of 8 and/or 9 as well. I feel like I'm missing out if I don't get a newer season, but 8 and 9 seems to always be in the conversation. ??

Izzy ~ I am not a fan of super slow. So maybe that counts both 11 and 12 out. I'll check out the streaming and see if it's an option.
Old 02-19-18, 12:39 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Between Season 10, 11 and 12, I like Season 10 the most. I like Season 8 more than Season 10! I like Season 8 more than Season 9 too.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-18, 12:51 PM  
TinaT

Watching the clips... 9 seems to move a little faster in some segments. I kind of like that.
Old 02-19-18, 12:51 PM  
DCW

Hi!!!

I guess it depends on what you are seeking. I am a fan of all seasons 8,9, 10 and 11 which I own. My Season 12 is on loan. Each season fits where I need it. When I was running up flights of stairs twice a day and on the treadmill, I needed stretchier episodes and I have marked my favorites when my calves, hips, and hamstrings needed extra attention. So I flip around a lot.

I like Season 11 for the instructions and new technique/information that I then incorporate in my other seasons. I also use Season 11 to refresh myself and to tighten up on my execution of moves. I have some favorites in Season 11 too.

A month of EssentricsTV will give you a chance to sample and see which one appeals to you.

Good luck!!
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-18, 04:00 PM  
BunnyHop

Of those, I think 8 and 12 are my favorites.

I do like the newer seasons, and the updated instruction, but season 8 still is one of my favorites ever.

At the moment, season 12 seems to always meet me wherever I am and carry me forward. Is that too slow for someone else? Maybe.
Old 02-19-18, 04:06 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I love 8. I also really like 9. 10 I don't like the format. 11 and 12 are not my faves....12 just moves so slow (for me). I'd pick 11 over 12, for sure.

Try out the streaming before you decide to splurge.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-18, 04:23 PM  
TinaT

So now 8 and 9 are at the top of my list. I totally mess myself up watching clips.

Tags
classic stretch, essentrics, miranda esmonde-white