Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-26-17, 03:27 PM  
Richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I really don't think it compares to anything else. It's their traditional strengthening and stretching that, to me, isn't like anything else.
Ah okay, thanks!
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-17, 04:49 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
OK I'm not going to rain on anyone's parade because the results are excellent, but I am more inclined to think they have to do with how she modified what she ate.

I did my own experiment for 2 months last year where I focused on essentrics and CS. I rotated between Beginner Toning, FBT, Class of 2012 and Body Sculpting - and I did also feel amazing, but didn't lose any weight or have any visible change. Again, just my experience and I'll admit I'm quite envious of the OP results, and everyone is different, but just my $.02.

Heck, I am as interested as you all are at trying it again
I'm inclined to agree with you too. I've done a lot of Essentrics this year, including PCW 1, with doing Level 1 instructor training. I feel great! I feel toned, strong, flexible, & have fewer aches & pains. But I have not lost any weight. I am 60 & for me weight management is primarily about what and how much I eat.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-17, 06:47 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
OK I'm not going to rain on anyone's parade because the results are excellent, but I am more inclined to think they have to do with how she modified what she ate.

I did my own experiment for 2 months last year where I focused on essentrics and CS. I rotated between Beginner Toning, FBT, Class of 2012 and Body Sculpting - and I did also feel amazing, but didn't lose any weight or have any visible change. Again, just my experience and I'll admit I'm quite envious of the OP results, and everyone is different, but just my $.02.

Heck, I am as interested as you all are at trying it again
I am another that tends to agree with you. I am sure Essentrics may have helped some but as they say eating is 80-90% of losing weight. Now only if I had a fresh food market that I could go to every day.

Not saying the results are not good they are impressive and sounds like an interesting experiment.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-17, 11:04 AM  
Izzy

I think it's a combo of finding what works for you, what you enjoy doing and what motivates you. Combine that with healthy eating is the ticket. But you have to consider hormone unbalances, life getting in the way, stress, and other outside factors. Just your overall happiness feeling can affect your body's ability to be a healthy. You could be doing everything so right and not find that right balance just due to stress of everyday life (job, money, family, illness, home etc etc).

Personally I hate to grocery shop. It's a total dread factor for me. If there was a fresh market I could walk to daily and just pick up what I need quickly I would be so happy.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-17, 11:12 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I think it's a combo of finding what works for you, what you enjoy doing and what motivates you. Combine that with healthy eating is the ticket. But you have to consider hormone unbalances, life getting in the way, stress, and other outside factors. Just your overall happiness feeling can affect your body's ability to be a healthy. You could be doing everything so right and not find that right balance just due to stress of everyday life (job, money, family, illness, home etc etc).

Personally I hate to grocery shop. It's a total dread factor for me. If there was a fresh market I could walk to daily and just pick up what I need quickly I would be so happy.
So well said, I totally agree!

I also long for a fresh market to walk to daily and quickly pick up what I need...that lifestyle agrees with me, as I had it in my younger years and loved it. I felt quite slim and fit with all the walking back then in combination with my other exercise!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical stretch, essentrics, success stories