Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-17, 10:37 AM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Love the husband comment, hah!!!

Can I ask, did your eating/diet change at all while you were there or was it just that the more gentle workouts didn't leave you ravenous like more intense workouts?

I'm so glad you posted about your wonderful experiment! I've been delving into more of these types of workouts lately and can only hope for the same results!
Obviously I didn't want to talk about the diet topic here, but yes, my eating habits/caloric intake definitely changed being in another country. We grocery shopped everyday and cooked fresh foods, lots of veggies and soups. Definitely no sugary or salty snack foods etc...
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-17, 10:46 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
This is the slimmest I've been in years. And yeah, when I was doing PCW 1 over and over I really did trim down through the torso, especially my waist. People kept asking me if I lost weight.
What is PCW?
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-17, 10:49 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Pre-Choreographed Workout (?), the Essentric instructional workouts for teacher training.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-17, 11:39 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
Obviously I didn't want to talk about the diet topic here, but yes, my eating habits/caloric intake definitely changed being in another country. We grocery shopped everyday and cooked fresh foods, lots of veggies and soups. Definitely no sugary or salty snack foods etc...
Thank you!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-17, 11:57 AM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Wow! Congrats! I assume you did this one?

https://www.amazon.com/Essentrics-Fu...rds=essentrics
Quote:
Yes, that's the one!
And now Amazon's wondering why the sudden interest in this dvd.

congrats on your results, violingal!
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-17, 02:19 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
OK I'm not going to rain on anyone's parade because the results are excellent, but I am more inclined to think they have to do with how she modified what she ate.

I did my own experiment for 2 months last year where I focused on essentrics and CS. I rotated between Beginner Toning, FBT, Class of 2012 and Body Sculpting - and I did also feel amazing, but didn't lose any weight or have any visible change. Again, just my experience and I'll admit I'm quite envious of the OP results, and everyone is different, but just my $.02.

Heck, I am as interested as you all are at trying it again

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-17, 02:50 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
OK I'm not going to rain on anyone's parade because the results are excellent, but I am more inclined to think they have to do with how she modified what she ate.

I did my own experiment for 2 months last year where I focused on essentrics and CS. I rotated between Beginner Toning, FBT, Class of 2012 and Body Sculpting - and I did also feel amazing, but didn't lose any weight or have any visible change. Again, just my experience and I'll admit I'm quite envious of the OP results, and everyone is different, but just my $.02.

Heck, I am as interested as you all are at trying it again
I kind of agree with you. Sometime over the last week I was reading about a woman who had visited one of the European countries and stayed for a month or two. She lost all of her excess weight without even trying (exercise was not mentioned) and she attributed it to "clean" foods. If you're eating fresh from the farmer's market every day in a country that regulates or bans chemicals on crops, that's way better than what most of us have available to eat in the US. Plus, I think people in Europe generally walk a lot more as a part of daily life.

But I have to admit, I looked on Amazon and thought about signing up for Essentrics TV
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-17, 02:53 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post

But I have to admit, I looked on Amazon and thought about signing up for Essentrics TV
This DVD is by far the best they've ever done in my opinion. It's definitely worth having.

Old 10-26-17, 03:19 PM  
Richie

What would you say is the closest thing to Essentrics Full Body Toning in other workout systems?
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-17, 03:20 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
What would you say is the closest thing to Essentrics Full Body Toning in other workout systems?
I really don't think it compares to anything else. It's their traditional strengthening and stretching that, to me, isn't like anything else.

Tags
classical stretch, essentrics, success stories