Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-17, 01:11 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

The clips are up - I'm passing, looks too pulse-y; I'm a ballet girl.

CLIPS
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 04:56 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
The clips are up - I'm passing, looks too pulse-y; I'm a ballet girl.

CLIPS
OMG! This cracks me up! The pulses are what make it Callanetics. It's where the results originate.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 06:15 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
It's just over 30 minutes with 75 pulses for most exercises.
Old 03-09-17, 06:38 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 03-10-17, 07:22 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
OMG! This cracks me up! The pulses are what make it Callanetics. It's where the results originate.
Ack! Pulsing kills me. I can take it until it burns but just cannot push through the flame!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-17, 07:40 AM  
Rhonda

The only one that looked good to me was the express one. But then again I never liked callanetics but these updated ones look decent.

I don't need anymore videos. Maybe put it on my christmas wishlist so by the end of the year I have some stuff for people to get me or by then my tastes in workouts will have changed
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-17, 09:14 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I preordered the Express one which I think I'll get a lot of use out of, particularly the lower body chapter. I really enjoy Pure and Extreme and the entire workouts are amazing, but it's a big time commitment. I enjoy Lacey as the instructor.

I also have the Countdown DVD but haven't gotten to it yet LOL. I know those workouts are a little shorter.
Old 03-11-17, 11:43 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I have tried Callanetics rotations, but find them mind-numbing. I have attention issues. I do really like Callan and her accent.

I like AM/PM Callanetics because it moves along and is not torture.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-17, 03:57 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I'm not sure who started saying we need to pulse through the burn. It's the American way to say more is better but with any barre brand, it's not necessary. In Lotte Berk's book she says "work up to 20" , "work up to 50" , and in some places work up to 3 or 5. In the video called "You Can Do It" they usually do 10 reps of most exercises and you feel it. Maybe it's all in the setup of each exercise? I've been doing Barre off and on since the Callanetics book came out and have never felt the need to do 100 pulses. As long as I do enough for me, when my body says to change exercises, I change exercises. There's no need to go for the burn, shake, or push through anything. Stop. Reset. Move on. Also known as modify modify modify.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-17, 04:04 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcritters View Post
I'm not sure who started saying we need to pulse through the burn. It's the American way to say more is better but with any barre brand, it's not necessary. In Lotte Berk's book she says "work up to 20" , "work up to 50" , and in some places work up to 3 or 5. In the video called "You Can Do It" they usually do 10 reps of most exercises and you feel it. Maybe it's all in the setup of each exercise? I've been doing Barre off and on since the Callanetics book came out and have never felt the need to do 100 pulses. As long as I do enough for me, when my body says to change exercises, I change exercises. There's no need to go for the burn, shake, or push through enything. Stop. Reset. Move on. Also known as modify modify modify.
You definitely don't need to pulse through a burn. Callan, Sandra and the other Instructors suggest taking "breathers" as needed.

Actually now that I'm better at relaxing everything except the working area and allowing the positioning to create the muscle contraction I don't experiencing any burning or traditional DOMS despite doing all 100 reps if called for.

Sometimes I have some shaking, if I'm working really deeply, sometimes fatigue in the working muscle but never burning. In my case the burning was actually self created because I wasn't relaxing enough. As Callan says, "Relax, you've just got to relax."

Tags
callanetics, callanetics countdown, it band