Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-27-14, 12:30 PM  
toomuchjoy

Fe Fit vs 21 Day Fix vs P90x3

I know, I know. They're different.

I'm need to lose 50 pounds or so. I'm a beginner to intermediate exerciser. Looks like people have done well with 21 day fix but workouts look a bit boring. Fe fit looks fun and gentle but will I get results? I did P90x a few years ago and responded really well. Love the idea of p90x but 30 min.

Thoughts? Thanks!
toomuchjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-14, 12:37 PM  
Fitstick

If you liked P90X and saw good resultswith it, then I would go with P90X3. In fact, I just recieved P90X3. I had held off on ordering it since I really did not like P90X2. But 3 is getting great reviews and seems easier to fit into a busy life with only a 30 minute commitment! I look forward to starting soon.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-14, 01:55 PM  
momofcha

Are you a returning exerciser beginner, but with experience? I would go with P90X3 then. You can definitely modify, pause and go at your own pace, etc. I have NO experience with 21 day fix and I found Fe Fit very slow.

I think you will be challenged with P90X3, but not to the point where you can't do them. Definitely modify your weights, go lighter, lift slower, pause to get your reps in at your own pace. With Fe Fit it is very light weights and low reps - in my experience I like light weights, but with high reps. They're both 30 min, but I really feel with P90X3 there is so much room to grow...

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-14, 02:07 PM  
dnna

I am doing 21-Day Fix now, the workouts are not boring. They move along quite quickly, and you are done before you know it. Autumn is a good instructor, there is no dread. I don't get a huge calorie burn though. I am doing the double rotation. I think this program is best for getting your eating under control.

I just got Fe Fit and did the first disc which- is 15 minute workouts. so not useful unless you double or triple up. I have not tried the other discs. The instructor is good, the set is nice, friendly, encouraging.

I would like to try P90x3. I might get it for my birthday. If you were successful with P90x, I would go with it.

I also love Jillians Body revolution, fun fast and furious. and I like how she breaks it up so you don't get sore.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-14, 02:12 PM  
sunday

I am doing and loving Fe Fit. The workouts are all 30 minutes, except for the optional 15 minutes ones to get you ready; those are the clips on their YT page. I am combining it with yoga and it's just right for me.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-14, 02:27 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

21 Day Fix is on backorder so I'm waiting. I would like to get P90X3 eventually.

If you're a beginner/intermediate, I would recommend Fe Fit since I'm guessing it's probably easier than P90X3 but it's fun. I'm going to disagree with Sue because I do feel like it's a low weight/high rep program. The only wo from the 1st level that was not like that was Total Body 1 which I didn't really care for. I would say that wo was low weight/low rep but even then I used a pair of 8 lbs so it's not that light weight. The others are high rep. For example, if you go on youtube and watch the 15 min Upper Body wo, you will see the 1st set which is also in Upper Body 1. The giant set consists of a tri-set of bicep curls, upright rows (I did military presses), and tricep kickbacks. You pyramid up so that you do 5 reps of each of the three exercises, then 10, 15, and 20 reps of each exercise with hardly any rest. So you're doing a total of 50 bicep curls, 50 upright rows, and 50 tricep kickbacks in that one giant set.

However, I can't report results because I only did the 1st level of each workout type. I also do a lot of different workouts, e.g. Tonique, TA, other cardio, yoga, etc. so even if I did all the wos, I can't say my results came from Fe Fit.
Old 03-27-14, 03:03 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I am finishing up my 2nd round of 21 Day Fix, and I like it very much! Definitely not boring, as there are so many exercises in this format. Autumn is a very encouraging instructor, the workouts are varied, Cat shows modifications, and the thirty minute format is great!

Even though the focus is on portioning your food and eating clean, the workouts are stand alone (and very good!) There is a nice selection (total body cardio, upper body, lower body, pilates, cardio, yoga, abs, etc.) There are also extra barre and another ab workout that can be ordered in addtion to the basic dvds.

For weightloss and some great workouts, this would be my choice. And, I will return to these whenever I want a quick workout even after the rotation is done!

Pam

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-14, 03:04 PM  
PhyllisG

I would suggest Fit 21. The workouts are definitely not boring. You can modify them up or down. I also think you would find the containers motivating and helpful. Autumn is great and I really like her as an instructor. The workouts are 30minutes and you can double up or add on something else but I think you wll find the workouts challenging without being overwhelming.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-14, 08:18 PM  
froggy

Well this is confusing. The beachbody website shows 21 Day Fix as a pre-order to be released in April.
froggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-14, 08:18 PM  
toomuchjoy

ROFL. Thanks for all your opinions. I want something now so that rules out 21 for now. Not sure.....
toomuchjoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
21 day fix, fe fit, p90x3