Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-18-12, 09:10 PM  
juberann

Kelsie's workouts in FIRM Express..........

I LOVE them. I recently traded for this set (what a great expereince it was, too) and did two of Kelsie's workouts this morning and the Cardio one just awhile ago. Kelsie is one of my favorite FIRM instructors but, to be honest, when I had this set months ago I didn't even look at her workouts because I could not get past how much I didn't care for Emily's. So I got rid of them. That was a mistake because I had at least 3 gems in that set (being Kelsie's workouts.) Now I will look at the rest of them with more of an open mind.
Kelsie's Cardio was a BLAST but I have always loved her kickboxing style.
I jumped the gun on these all those months ago when I bought the set but returned it for a refund. I may never use Emily's workouts but the others might prove to be winners, too
Old 07-18-12, 09:32 PM  
princess76

This is a good set of workouts. Love the efficiency.
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-12, 09:33 PM  
Mandy

I agree. Kelsie's 3 express Firm workouts as well as Alison's are the reason why I keep the set. I didn't like Emily's fast talking or Rebecca's wooping.

I like that Kelsie's bursts have kickboxing Its amazing how the low impact can be high intensity with kickboxing. In fact, I liked Kelsie's workouts so much more because there isn't as much high impact as the other instructors. If I put 2 of her workouts together, it makes a great 40 minute workout.

I also like Alison's kettlebell swings (although she uses a dumbell, I still like it!). I have found that I use dumbbell/kettlebell swings in substitution for other high impact burst. it really gets my heartrate up. I like the music Alison's Firm Express too.
Old 07-18-12, 09:35 PM  
juberann

I agree with you there, princess! once I get past he speed, I think I may like the others,, as well. They are fast paced but time flys. Doing all of Kelsie's today, I think I am going to be SORE tomorrow (because it is already setting in).
Old 07-18-12, 09:41 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I've had this set for over a year, and I never got past week 1. I started on week 2, but I just couldn't go on - for whatever reason, that I don't recall now. I think the overall feeling of disorganization and manic moves turned me off. I should probably look up Kelsie's dvds among this bunch, and at least try these. I have very little time nowadays to workout, and 20 min is just about right.
Old 07-18-12, 09:50 PM  
EnglishIvy

Well, after reading about all the complaints on Emily when this set first came out, I kind of felt sorry for her. She's done her share of good workouts for the Firm and I imagined that it probably would hurt her feelings to read the comments. I could see her dragging herself into work while all the popular girls gave her knowing looks LOL So when I traded for the set and it came time to actually try her workouts, I found myself "rooting for the underdog". Maybe that mindset affected my first impression because I thought her workouts were fine. Not party-in-a-box favorites but certainly not horrid. I've done FAR worse in my vidiot career

So perception really is half the battle. Now that you like parts of the set, you might very well find the rest completely tolerable
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-12, 09:58 PM  
dnna

I am a big fan of Emily's FE cardio. i did a month of doubles, then went on to do some Firms/FitPrimes - and I felt great!
I used Emily Cardio 1 as a warm up this month when I started Jllians BR- I know the routine so well now and I have really improved=and I think Emily is an awesome cuer.
I actually think Kelsies workous are easier...but I am not a great kickboxer. I also like Allison's workouts.now Rebecca- those I will never do again for sure, too screechy, oh my gosh.
I think the Firm FE and Jillians BR are a great combo for me anyway.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-12, 10:01 PM  
princess76

Jen's bonus disc is also really good. I'd like a strength (weight) workout with her as the lead. I didn't buy her Cardio Dance Club because I don't care for The FIRM's dance videos.

But surprisingly, Emily's chatter and Rebekah's whooping don't bother me- I'm working too hard to be annoyed!
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-12, 10:41 PM  
tigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishIvy View Post
Well, after reading about all the complaints on Emily when this set first came out, I kind of felt sorry for her. She's done her share of good workouts for the Firm and I imagined that it probably would hurt her feelings to read the comments. I could see her dragging herself into work while all the popular girls gave her knowing looks LOL So when I traded for the set and it came time to actually try her workouts, I found myself "rooting for the underdog". Maybe that mindset affected my first impression because I thought her workouts were fine. Not party-in-a-box favorites but certainly not horrid. I've done FAR worse in my vidiot career

So perception really is half the battle. Now that you like parts of the set, you might very well find the rest completely tolerable
Emily's doesn't bother me either, and I think hers is harder than Kelsie's and Allison's.

Now Rebekah's... just too loud and too high impact throughout for me (if I modify to low impact then the intensity is gone).
tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-12, 11:25 PM  
juberann

Maybe my mindset is just different now then they were when I first got this set. I think Emily is as cute as ever and probably a sweetheart in real life but I just could not follow her in these. Maybe I will try them again. Rebekah's just scare me but even those I will probably take a second look at. Now, Kelsie's I will definitely be doing again

Tags
firm express, kelsie, kelsie daniels, the firm express kit