Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-11-11, 07:56 PM  
TommiFit

BeachBody Suing Rip:60 makers

Beachbody is apparently suing Rip:60 maker (Icon Fitness) ...stumbled upon this online...

http://westlawnews.thomson.com/Calif...kout_formulas/

http://workoutjourney.com/beachbody-...rip-60-workout
TommiFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-11, 08:03 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh brother! I thought it was kind of crazy how the rip:60 took that approach in their promotion in the first place. The whole thing is crazy!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-11, 08:21 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I don't know how this is going to play out in court since I'm not a lawyer. But I'm going to test out ICON's claims. I'm waiting for Rip60 from a ya-ya. I have a Jungle Gym so I can't do all the moves (where the straps move). I can do all the TRX moves and suspension training is hard.

I have P90X and Insanity. I think a better program is to combine both of them. I would do P90X for strength since the cardio is easy IMHO. Insanity would be used for cardio workouts. Then I would combine their "rest" week workouts on the 4th week of each month.
Old 03-11-11, 08:56 PM  
icebergslim

What both need to do is come up with a good program that don't cost so much MONEY. I am not into TRX, yet, but Beachbody is prickly with any other company using anything in reference to them.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-11, 09:33 PM  
jessicavi

Why am I not surprised. I posted previously on the Rip60 thread that I'm surprised Beachbody hadn't responded to Rip60's claims. I guess they were just loading their weapons of mass destruction. I have neither programs and don't plan on it. I just think this is going to be quite entertaining. I do agree that it would have been so much easier and seemed less mean spirited to just tell folks how much more effective, innovative, and fun the suspension system is compared to old fashioned DB not to mention time efficient. People are suckers for new gadget and short workouts w/ results in half the time. I certainly am and I have the kbells to prove it. I also thought it was poor marketing strategy to mention a very famous competitor for people to get curious about why an unknown is taking a jab at the famous company. They may indeed see all the praise of P90X and end up going w/ them simply b/c that many people can't be lying right? Rip60 just came afterall. It reminds me of a local car commercial that sez they are up the street from a very well known competitor. Just dumb.
jessicavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-11, 09:50 PM  
TommiFit

suspension training is challenging but fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
I can do all the TRX moves and suspension training is hard.
I agree with you Helen S suspension training can be tough. I just started this form of training and it works the body differently from what I have done before. It is challenging in a good way.

I am no legal expert either but as far as Beachbody's claim that Rip:60 is using their fame ("prey on Beachbody's success") to sell their product it might have credence because if someone does a google search for P90X or Insanity they might pull up the Rip:60 page (and it is a way to promote their product).

But who knows...
TommiFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-11, 10:45 PM  
Buzzer

Oh, this makes me sad I kinda knew BB was bound to get squeaky... but shoot. I Rip:60, and don't really like BB. So, I guess my opinion on this matter is a bit skewed...
I also was cringing when I heard their claims, and saying my prayers BB would leave them alone...
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-11, 11:11 PM  
kali1

This is sad too. Perhaps we'll see a new informercial where the BB comments will be removed. I love Rip a lot more than I ever liked P90x.
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 10:38 AM  
beatchica

Oh boy, I feel like lately BB is turning into a corporate bully.

Instead of allocating funds to litigation, I wish BB would pass along some cost savings to its customers.
beatchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 10:55 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatchica View Post
Oh boy, I feel like lately BB is turning into a corporate bully.

Instead of allocating funds to litigation, I wish BB would pass along some cost saving to its customers.
No joke! I can't stand the way BB does business. I do think the Rip 60 makers could have promoted their product without even naming BB. Dumb move on their part.

Tags
beachbody, rip:60