Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-09-11, 08:38 PM  
Buzzer

I got my rip:60!!!

I just got back from the UPS store with my Rip:60
I haven't previewed the DVD's yet (will do that in a few minutes) but the apparatus thingie is very sturdy, comes in three parts, is heavy, and has Instructions on how to put it together. The DVD's are in a holder that is hard plastic on the inside, and the DVDs are in cardboard holders, held into the plastic holder like a three-ring binder.
The nutrition guide is 137 pages of easy looking recipes... most look like they're 5-6 ingredients max...
I'm off to preview some of the workouts, I'll tell ya about them in a few!
I'm so excited!!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 08:50 PM  
suegy3

Wow! That sounds awesome! I was just thinking about these workouts too. I wanted to wait for a few reviews before ordering.

Please post your thoughts as soon as you preview and do the workouts. And on how sturday the suspension unit is. TIA!
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 09:01 PM  
Buzzer

I've previewed the first 3 discs, each runs anywhere from 47 min to 53 minutes of working out. The warm up is the same on all, and the cool down is about 8 minutes (!) for those of you who wondered where Cathe's cool downs went, I think I found them.
My Disc 3 was stuck in the holder, and when I managed to wiggle it out it had some glue on it, but I rubbed it off and it seems to work just fine.
I haven't even tried to hook up the apparatus yet, I've been so excited about the DVD's! After just previewing on fast forward and stopping occasionally to see what they're doing, I have already decided the instructor is going to annoy me. He's kinda talking loudly and excitedly and enunciating all the time, and pointing at me a lot.
The aren't chaptered, but you have the option of music on or off. OK, off to hook it up to my door and try it out!! It's like Christmas here....
ETA: I just tried the apparatus thingie, and the directions are kinda weird but I figured it out. It says to put it on a door that opens away from you so you are pulling the door closed when you are working out (which makes sense) so I hooked it to the bathroom door and tried it out. I have a feeling the dangling part of the strap when you shorten it might get annoying, since there's only a small velcro piece to attached it to to get it out of your way (ETA: just watched the set up video which is about 1 min. 30 sec at the beginning of disc 1, and I figured it out. It's tucked UNDER the velcro piece so it slides along the other half of the strap... sounds confusing, but it makes sense to me so it will to you too). But, it's a sacrifice I'll make. It is very heavy and strong, and even for my hollow core door, it felt secure. It is more heavy duty than the tie down straps my DH uses to transport things in the back of his truck if that helps ya at all.
There's a random neoprene piece of cloth that came with it, that doesn't have directions but has a hole in it. As I was using the apparatus thing, there's a big metal glunky piece that bangs against the door when you don't have resistance on the straps, so I thought perhaps the neoprene cloth was to cover that. No, the hole is too big and it falls past it. Hmm...
I might figure out how to do it anyhow so it doesn't scratch up the door.
OK, back to my Christmas...
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 02-09-11, 10:02 PM  
Buzzer

OK, my last post for this review tonight.. Ah! I love Christmas!!
This set, IMO so far, is worth it. The strap thingies are fun, I just did workout 1. Keep in mind I'm getting over bronchitis & did Cathe STS chest/delts/bis yesterday. After the warm up that lasted about 17 minutes... it started out with ROM movements, then light marches, balancing, then like 30 seconds in plank position.
He really warms you up gradually, but after 17 minutes you are warm, your HR is up, lets go already! He yells and points at me, and we do a jumping jack variation segment that lasted about 3-5 minutes. If you like jumping, this is for you. Otherwise, get your rebounder. Some of it's confusing,but it's all jack variation, just changing your arms or crossing your legs. Then, he does some lunges & squats with the straps, burpees (skipped these), some chest work (push ups with the straps in your hands), some back row with the straps, triceps and bis, all 60 seconds each time. I was moving slow, so I got in about 20-30 reps for each exercise. I skipped most of the cardio so I wouldn't go into fits of coughing.
My HR was up, and besides him talking at me loud and pointing lots, and over explaining it was good.
Actually, over explaining was even OK, because then I could see what he was gonna do, and do it without watching him the whole time. I just hope he doesn't do it too much on every workout.
Overall, keep in mind it's a Christmas feeling here right now so that can skew my opinion, I like it
I just started my Meta-Omni rotation and was going to do STS with it, but I might instead do my meta alternating with this and see how it goes.
I don't know how often you are supposed to do each workout, they are just labeled "week 1" and "week 2" etc, so I don't know if I am expected to do it every day or every other day. I'm gonna alternate, but if you guys see anything about how often you are supposed to work out, let me know.
OK, gotta get my inhaler...
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 02-09-11, 10:18 PM  
kali1

Girl you have bronchitis and you aren't resting? Shame on you!! Go to bed and take it easy!!

Rip:60 does look good....do I need it?
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 10:42 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Keep reporting back. I'm interested.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 10:51 PM  
Buzzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali1 View Post
Girl you have bronchitis and you aren't resting? Shame on you!! Go to bed and take it easy!!

Rip:60 does look good....do I need it?
My Dr only told me I had to rest FIVE days, and that was up on Sunday. So, Dr's orders, I am working out and keeping cough drops and my inhaler close.
I am skipping most of the cardio stuff still, and just doing my omni muscle stuff and no cardio That's why I skipped part of this workout, but since my HR was up anyhow, I think it would really be up with the cardio in.
OK, I gotta go find something for supper now...
Oh, and do you need it? What do you think? You'll regret it if you don't...
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 02-10-11, 08:30 AM  
fagiles

I think mine shipped Tuesday and will be here on Friday If I really like it, I may try selling my TRX on Craig's List.

Felecia
fagiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-11, 09:04 AM  
enduranceron

Mine is showing "out for delivery" right now, so I should have it tonight. YAY!

As for the rotation, I was reading in their FB page that you are to do each week disc 5 times for the week. So use the Week 1 disc 5 times in a 7 day period and so forth.

Been looking forward to this....

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom." - Thomas Carlyle

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." - Mahatma Ghandi
enduranceron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-11, 11:18 AM  
Rhonda

Mine is out for delivery too. Not sure when I will be able to look at them, maybe this weekend as I walk on the treadmill.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rip:60