Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-10-19, 10:25 AM  
IceQueen07

Jessica Smith Yoga

For those that may have done both, is there a big difference between Jessica's Gentle Yoga Flexibility, balance & Mobility and her Gentle Yoga Stretch? Deciding if I need both.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 12:56 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Of Jessica's yoga workouts I use the Gentle Yoga (for Balance Flexibility and Mobility) the most. I like how each of the four 20 minute segments have a different focus (neck and shoulders, back and chest, hips and knees, or total body.) The shorter segments are nice for what one needs to concentrate on.

The Gentle Yoga Stretch has two 30 minute practices (Flexibility and Relaxation or Stability and Mobility.) For me, these aren't as relaxing because I have some shoulder issues (Frozen shoulder) and it's painful for me to do either of these. They're longer, so after 20 minutes I'm ready to be done. This is filmed outdoors in a park like setting. The above Gentle Yoga is poolside, on a patio.

Keep in mind also that Jessica has also filmed a "Gentle Yoga for Back Pain Relief & Prevention" as well as "Yoga Stretch for Beginners and Beyond."

For me the shorter 20 minute segments are more practical. You know what you're getting with the specific focus. And, you can add these on to any other workout that you're doing for the day!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 01:29 PM  
IceQueen07

Thank you. I have the one for the back which I don't really care for. I liked the Gentle Yoga one and didn't know if the Gentle Yoga Stretch would be another good addition, sounds like maybe not.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 05:15 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

The Gentle Yoga (for Balance Flexibility and Mobility) sounds really good. I saw it on Amazon and I am thinking of getting it. I am still doing physical therapy for rotator cuff surgery even though I am medically cleared and am thoroughly bored with it. Thanks for the post and the info!!!
Old 03-10-19, 06:45 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I love Gentle Yoga because it’s nice and stretchy and focuses on certain body parts. Gentle Yoga Stretch is too yoga-like for me - with poses. I don’t like actual yoga. . I have the back one too, which I remember nothing about (must not have liked it).
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-19, 06:42 PM  
bjones

The parts one is interesting because it has 3 stretch routines and 1 actual yoga routine. So you get a mix of both types of workout-traditional stretches as well as yoga stretches/poses. I like it and it also has a gorgeous setting with the pool, waterfall and tiki torches set in a lush garden.
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gentle yoga, jessica smith, jessica smith yoga