Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-20-11, 08:05 PM  
lorajc

RIP 60 Results?

I got this a couple of weeks ago, but have yet to do it.

I previewed the GSP workout this AM and it looked brutal.

Now that this has been out, can you tell me what kind of results you had? I'm in need of a weight loss program and wondering if this would work for me since it's a bit different than traditional workouts. thanks in advance.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-11, 10:29 AM  
lorajc

bumping for the AM crowd
Old 06-21-11, 11:26 AM  
Fidget Queen

I'm mostly just bumping for you, as I don't have this (want it, though ).

However, I hope Buzzer chimes in here, as she has been using it and loves it! She's why I want it in the first place.
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-11, 11:47 AM  
enduranceron

I can't say as much as others, but I use my Rip60 every Monday for one of my 3 strength workouts per week (other two Strength workouts I do RKS, The Rack & a Total Body workout). I rotate through the DVDs so each week I am doing the next DVD in the rotation. I ma not using it enough to claim great results but I do enjoy the workouts. They are challenging depending how much intensity you put into them and I do like the variety. I like how it rounds out my weekly schedule too.

I have to say I've never worked my hamstrings before as much as I do using the Rip60. And I love the swim moves.

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom." - Thomas Carlyle

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." - Mahatma Ghandi
enduranceron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-11, 11:53 AM  
counterclockwise

I am missing my Rip:60 workouts but I just don't have time to do them with other stuff I'm training for.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-11, 08:54 PM  
Buzzer

Oh! I love Rip:60!! I am only doing it about once a week, but my core is stronger and I noticed once again today that I can hold a nice plank forever now!
I used to die after about 15 seconds either straight armed plank or plank on my elbows... now, after Rip:60, I can hold a minute of either type with no sags or arches in my body. A total straight line. PLUS, I could hold it for longer, but the instructor says stop so I stop. The amount of pushups I can do has increased by about double... I also kicked my workout partners buns on abs the other day! She petered out on the russian twists without weights, and I did a minute of them with a weight

I don't use Rip:60 enough to contribute a lot to it, but I had been working out for about 2 years before Rip:60 and after I started using it I noticed differences in how strong I felt, and how able I felt to do things (and those planks, pushups & abs!!) so I know I can contribute those things to it. It really makes your whole body work as a ... well, a whole! I will always have this in my workout rotation.
I've considered doing a straight Rip:60 rotation and seeing what all it does for me, because I know it will totally change me. But, with the workout ADD that I've caught from VF, I don't see myself sticking to it.
Anyhow, I highly recommend it, and i think you'll be amazed at how your body feels more in sync with itself than it did before. All the isolating muscle groups made me feel like bits and pieces rather than a whole.

Can you tell, I my Rip:60?
Sorry, Fidget Queen, for the enabling!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-11, 06:46 PM  
lorajc

can you do one on a cardio day? or is there not enough cardio?
Old 06-22-11, 09:42 PM  
Buzzer

There's cardio in it, but there's also lots of strength in each one. He usually alternates cardio & strength. Your heart rate is up on these... and your muscles are screaming!
I wouldn't do it on a cardio day... I use it for a strength day...
JMO, your results may vary, always
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 08:11 AM  
enduranceron

I use it as a strength workout. But all my strength workouts are now in the circuit type to get that cardio effect as well.

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom." - Thomas Carlyle

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." - Mahatma Ghandi
enduranceron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rip:60