Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-14, 07:02 PM  
Jags

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
Don't forget about facial devices. I have the Microcurrent Machine by Serious

Skin Care......works the facial muscles contracting them like a workout for your face. More. Recently, I just bought a machine from RTruth I aging called the Ultra Renew Plus.....has the ability to do multi function on your face at once. It does Ultrasound for firming and lifting, has galvanic and ionic,as well as red, blue and green light therapy for aging, age spots and acne.
I read your posts about these machines on the Beauty Thread, but I cannot remember whether you use both machines daily or did one replace the other in your routine?

I was pleasantly surprised that both are affordable.
Jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-14, 08:46 PM  
primrosecat

Hi Laura~Your post has made me curious. Can I jump in here and ask if anyone else here is using facial exercises and has seen results? I really would like to know if it is worth the effort as some fitness 'experts' do not recommend them.
primrosecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-14, 07:36 AM  
violetblonde

PittyPat, thanks to your testimonial I checked out Faceworks and signed up! I'm 30 with virtually no signs of ageing yet (thank god for high PPD sunscreen and regular exfoliation) but who wouldn't like more lifted brows and plumper lips? Not sure if I can muster 30 minutes 5x/a day but I'll see how it goes
violetblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-14, 08:12 AM  
ncl

My dermatologist told me that using a retinoid on your face will help build collagen, so you might consider that. A lot of the retinoids are cheaper and generic now, just FYI. If you do use one, she reckons you should leave the retinoid on all nigth at least sometimes to help with collagen building.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-14, 09:27 AM  
PittyPat

Violetblonde, it's only once a day, not five times a day. Once you know the exercises, it won't take 30 minutes.

At age 30 your results will be subtle, I'd think, since you don't have sagging or jowling to repair. On the other hand, starting now you will probably never have sagging or jowling. Smart cookie!
PittyPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-14, 10:06 AM  
violetblonde

Oops, I meant 30 minutes 5x/a week seems like a lot. On the other hand, I imagine once you know the exercises you can do them while watching tv...

Anyways, I just did a first round of the videos and my lips really do feel tingly and more plumped.
violetblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-14, 01:46 PM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
Don't forget about facial devices. I have the Microcurrent Machine by Serious

Skin Care......works the facial muscles contracting them like a workout for your face. More. Recently, I just bought a machine from RTruth I aging called the Ultra Renew Plus.....has the ability to do multi function on your face at once. It does Ultrasound for firming and lifting, has galvanic and ionic,as well as red, blue and green light therapy for aging, age spots and acne.
I have this one, not sure if it works, haven't used it consistently yet
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-14, 05:05 PM  
DrH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
My dermatologist told me that using a retinoid on your face will help build collagen, so you might consider that. A lot of the retinoids are cheaper and generic now, just FYI. If you do use one, she reckons you should leave the retinoid on all nigth at least sometimes to help with collagen building.
If you do try a retinoid be careful and go conservative. I nearly burned my face off a couple of weeks ago so badly that I ended up at the docs for medical advice!! lol

Some things are best left alone

Here's the thread I started when I was scared to death by the whole thing! http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum...d.php?t=205380

Facial exercises sound a lot safer! lol
DrH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-14, 01:18 AM  
smilingwolf

I do facial exercises and use a microcurrent device. Something else that helps tremendously, is massaging your skin. It's amazing how the thickness of the skin improves from massaging. But, pinching and rolling your facial skin between your fingers might be intimidating for some. But, I have learned that skin likes to be stimulated. If you want to find out if facial exercises are for you, a short program that you could start out with is "Ageless if you Dare." It only requires a time commitment of 5-10 minutes a day. The other good ones that have been mentioned are "FlexEffect" and "Carolyn's Facial Fitness" but, they require a bigger time commitment. Of course, there are lots of free videos on youtube.
smilingwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-14, 06:45 AM  
Julia

Ive had good results with Ageless if you dare as well, Im looking for a good home microcurrent machine to really lift the face. Does anyone have any good rec's? Im thinking the one by serious skincare listed before, is it the egg? Lorajc would you mind sharing the name of the device and what kind of results have you had. I took a look at the beauty thread but its like 60+ pages, I cant seem to locate your review.
Julia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faceworks, facial exercises, facial machines, loose skin, yamuna, yamuna save your face