Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-09-13, 11:21 AM  
Rachael1216

TA or ART Method?

I started TA omnicentric and actually finished the entire 90 days and liked what it did for my arms but felt that it deflated my backside too much..... maybe it would firm back up if I had stuck with it but anyways, I fell off the bandwagon and now I'm seeing that my arms are missing the definition that I gained with TA. Should I pick back up with TA continuity or try ART method? I'm hearing a lot of great things about ART here..... TIA!
Rachael1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 11:26 AM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael1216 View Post
I started TA omnicentric and actually finished the entire 90 days and liked what it did for my arms but felt that it deflated my backside too much..... maybe it would firm back up if I had stuck with it but anyways, I fell off the bandwagon and now I'm seeing that my arms are missing the definition that I gained with TA. Should I pick back up with TA continuity or try ART method? I'm hearing a lot of great things about ART here..... TIA!
I cannot compare the two methods as I have only done TA intermittently and not exclusively. However, I've been doing ART for a couple of months and have gotten nice definition in my upper body, specifically my shoulders and triceps, and I'm getting nice results lifting my bum and slimming my thighs a wee bit. For me, I have gotten relatively fast results with this method.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 11:29 AM  
sunday

I've done both and did a Meta rotation of 83 days, just shy of the full thing. I am doing only ART now and am seeing amazing results all over, but especially lower body.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 11:54 AM  
Rachael1216

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I've done both and did a Meta rotation of 83 days, just shy of the full thing. I am doing only ART now and am seeing amazing results all over, but especially lower body.
Thanks for the quick replies!

Sunday - do you feel the armwork is sufficient in ART? My problem areas are more upper body then lower.
Old 08-09-13, 12:01 PM  
sunday

Quote:
Thanks for the quick replies!

Sunday - do you feel the armwork is sufficient in ART? My problem areas are more upper body then lower.
Oh my, yes! Terri uses heavy and light stuff. In one workout she'll switch from 10lb dbs to 1lb dbs. You do tons of body weight stuff, and also use KBs. There is tons of stuff for upper body! I've said before it's like doing a combination of TA, Tonique, Slim Series, HoCo and Ashtanga yoga. Not one body part is left untouched!
Old 08-09-13, 12:09 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
I have not tried ART (yet! ) but I have had a somewhat similar experience with TA: I started with Omni Continuity and got amazing results in my core and arms (tight, toned, with lots of definition). Results in my glutes were not as great - they were already toned from years of barre workouts but I felt that Omni deflated them a bit too. I switched to Glute for Continuity 2.2 (finishing level 5 today) and I see a significant difference in my butt - MUCH more lifted with a nice round shape. If you decide to give TA another try, maybe consider alternating Omni and Glute? The early levels of Omni are more interesting and challenging IMO but Glute definitely does what it advertises
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 12:12 PM  
daisyduke

This interests me too. I love ta and am afraid to stop her workouts. There is magic to her moves that kbs, squats and lunges didn't do for me. I have been tempted by art lately.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 12:21 PM  
sunday

I was always hoping I would get magical results from TA but did not! I have, however, gotten very noticeable results from ART, and I noticed them within the very first week.
Old 08-09-13, 12:43 PM  
Rachael1216

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
I have not tried ART (yet! ) but I have had a somewhat similar experience with TA: I started with Omni Continuity and got amazing results in my core and arms (tight, toned, with lots of definition). Results in my glutes were not as great - they were already toned from years of barre workouts but I felt that Omni deflated them a bit too. I switched to Glute for Continuity 2.2 (finishing level 5 today) and I see a significant difference in my butt - MUCH more lifted with a nice round shape. If you decide to give TA another try, maybe consider alternating Omni and Glute? The early levels of Omni are more interesting and challenging IMO but Glute definitely does what it advertises
Not sure if this will make sense, but I really like how the glutes look from barre workouts, higher and rounder.... does glutecentric give the same look?
Old 08-09-13, 12:56 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Not sure if this will make sense, but I really like how the glutes look from barre workouts, higher and rounder.... does glutecentric give the same look?
For me yes, but with much less DOMS and lower back issues. I think this is because barre workouts focus on small isometric movement and over time I found that my muscles felt very tight. As you know, TA's workouts are larger and very fluid - that feels really nice and easy on my body.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
art method, continuity, omnicentric, terri walsh, tracey anderson