Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-26-12, 05:22 PM  
MelissaR

Anyone have Skogg Kettlebell Gloves

Anyone have the Skogg Pro Kettlebell Gloves? (here's a link:http://store.skoggsystem.com/index.p...&product_id=56) I'm wondering if they are worth $50?? Currently, I use my old Wal Mart weight lifting gloves (not much padding, wear most for grip & protection) & a pair of wrist bands my son gave me. Can anyone provide a review of the gloves? I'm tempted to get them because I can feel my current cheapo gloves sliding around when I workout.

Thanks,
Mel
MelissaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-12, 11:24 AM  
Whimzee

Bumping this because I was considering purchasing them too!
Whimzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-12, 12:09 PM  
Buffgirl

Grip Pads are the best...

After trying different gloves, I found this grip pads that I love. Great for both Kettlebells and weights.

http://www.gripad.com/wheretobuy.php
Buffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-12, 12:11 PM  
Fonzie
VF Supporter

I'm not good at reviews, but have a pair of the Skogg ladies gloves and really like them. I don't care so much about having callouses, but the Skogg workouts were starting to kill my bare hands. I tried going the cheap route with old cut-up socks, which didn't help at all.

They work a lot better than regular lifting gloves, IMO. I tried wearing my lifting gloves too, but they bunched up and caused a second row of callouses. My hands are sweaty and small and the the Skogg ones fit well without bunching up or sliding around. My hands don't feel too sweaty or hot in them, either. There is a plastic wrist guard thingy that is nice especially for the cleans. I still wear wristbands underneath, since there is plenty of room for them. They are worth the $50 to me, since using them has kept me on track with the program.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-12, 04:57 PM  
MelissaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie View Post
I'm not good at reviews, but have a pair of the Skogg ladies gloves and really like them. I don't care so much about having callouses, but the Skogg workouts were starting to kill my bare hands. I tried going the cheap route with old cut-up socks, which didn't help at all.

They work a lot better than regular lifting gloves, IMO. I tried wearing my lifting gloves too, but they bunched up and caused a second row of callouses. My hands are sweaty and small and the the Skogg ones fit well without bunching up or sliding around. My hands don't feel too sweaty or hot in them, either. There is a plastic wrist guard thingy that is nice especially for the cleans. I still wear wristbands underneath, since there is plenty of room for them. They are worth the $50 to me, since using them has kept me on track with the program.
Oh thank you, I was looking to be enabled!
Old 03-27-12, 04:59 PM  
MelissaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffgirl View Post
After trying different gloves, I found this grip pads that I love. Great for both Kettlebells and weights.

http://www.gripad.com/wheretobuy.php
The gripad looks good too, but I also need something to protect my forearm with cleans that would a better job than my current wrist bands.
Old 03-27-12, 07:52 PM  
Exercise Diva

I love mine too!
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-12, 10:42 AM  
suegy3

I have a little extra cash and I'm interested in getting gloves for kb work. I've been using cheapie wool gloves from target but they get very hot.

How are the Gripads? Do they bunch up? The Skogg gloves seem too bulky and they seem like they'd be hot. I want something to protect my hands from callouses.

TIA!
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-12, 11:45 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post

How are the Gripads? Do they bunch up? The Skogg gloves seem too bulky and they seem like they'd be hot. I want something to protect my hands from callouses.

TIA!
As I stated in another thread, I have small hands. I don't know if that's why I have trouble using the gripads for moves like snatches and swings, but I do. They feel like they're moving around on me a bit. I do, however, use them for push ups on the kb's and renegade rows and they work so much better for that than the weight lifting gloves I was using. If I try to do push ups or planks (renegade row starting position) with my hands on something solid and thin like that, my hands hurt. Eventually, the pain will start to shoot up my arm so I have to cushion my hands for those moves. The gripads are worth the investment for that alone, at least for me.
Old 04-16-12, 12:45 PM  
MelissaR

I did purchase the Skogg Kb gloves. They work really good to protect the forearm. I put my wrist bands on under the Skogg gloves like Fonzie does. The way they are designed, they do not get too hot either. My only complaint is the center part on the palm area near the fingers seems to bunch up. The outer fingers have elastic bands to keep the glove anchored, however, there is nothing to keep the band anchored by the center fingers. I debated calling Skogg customer service to see if I could return them because of that complaint, but decided not to since they don't bunch up all time. Still, for $50, I feel I shouldn't have any complaints.

Tags
gloves, kettlebell gloves, skogg, skogg gloves