Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-24-14, 09:37 PM  
momof10

Danielle - I got the app for Free at the App Store, but I can't seem to get it to work. I tried to register as a new customer. I put in a use name, password and my email address and it says it's loading but then nothing happens. Hmmm. I was surprised the app was free because you said it was $14.95. Thanks for answering my question about the chaptering. I didn't think they could changed a workout that didn't have chaptering. Now that would be an awesome thing to be able to do.

Cheryl
Old 08-24-14, 10:11 PM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
Danielle - I got the app for Free at the App Store, but I can't seem to get it to work. I tried to register as a new customer. I put in a use name, password and my email address and it says it's loading but then nothing happens. Hmmm. I was surprised the app was free because you said it was $14.95. Thanks for answering my question about the chaptering. I didn't think they could changed a workout that didn't have chaptering. Now that would be an awesome thing to be able to do.

Cheryl
Cheryl - yeah, evidently the $14.95 thing was a mistake. When I got it, it was listed as $14.95, but he must have fixed it with Apple if you got it for free now, so that's great!

I'm not sure what could be happening as far as it not working. Mine worked right away. Maybe he's still working the kinks out?? I'm not sure. He's very responsive though, so you could maybe even send him an email and see if he knows about it or if he can fix it for you.
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-14, 02:10 AM  
Vee

Dani, That sounds cool.

I am glad they are looking for input. I must free up some time in my exercise schedule and sign up for a trial.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-14, 06:31 AM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia View Post
Cheryl - yeah, evidently the $14.95 thing was a mistake. When I got it, it was listed as $14.95, but he must have fixed it with Apple if you got it for free now, so that's great!

I'm not sure what could be happening as far as it not working. Mine worked right away. Maybe he's still working the kinks out?? I'm not sure. He's very responsive though, so you could maybe even send him an email and see if he knows about it or if he can fix it for you.
All resolved. I posted on their Facebook page and Brian responded right away. He gave me a 1-800 number and an email address. I waited until this morning to try it again and there was a "next" and "finish" tab that wasn't there last night. I got her done. I asked him if there was a tutorial so I can learn it. I didn't see HoCo in the library so I asked him to help me maybe with a tutorial. It looks kind of complicated.

Cheryl
Old 08-25-14, 09:15 AM  
Yelly

Quote:
All resolved. I posted on their Facebook page and Brian responded right away. He gave me a 1-800 number and an email address. I waited until this morning to try it again and there was a "next" and "finish" tab that wasn't there last night. I got her done. I asked him if there was a tutorial so I can learn it. I didn't see HoCo in the library so I asked him to help me maybe with a tutorial. It looks kind of complicated.

Cheryl
Good - I'm glad you got it fixed!!
And I totally agree about a tutorial! There's a lot of features that are on there that I wouldn't even have known about had Brian not emailed me that list of tips that I posted upthread - like how to use the "Muscle Up" button, how to get it to play off-line, etc. then it made a lot more sense. Once I played around with it a little, I personally found it quite simple to use, but initially it does look complicated.
Also, make sure you keep scrolling down on their library, because it may take a second or two to load, but it's a continuous scroll - maybe HoCo was a little farther down and you didn't scroll down enough? Either that or you could just enter the name in the search button up top and see if it comes up that way? hth!
Old 08-25-14, 10:10 AM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee View Post
Dani, That sounds cool.

I am glad they are looking for input. I must free up some time in my exercise schedule and sign up for a trial.
Yeah, I'm pretty excited about it because I think it has huge potential. I probably sound like I work for them or something, which of course I don't. The owner Brian has just been emailing me and giving me extra info.

Yesterday he told me that the desktop player and Android apps are in the works and should be out in a few months. For now they're focusing on building up their list of instructors, and he said that we'll be super impressed at who they have in the works right now, so I'm completely curious about that!

As far as chaptering, he said that it's their goal to have everything extensively chaptered (and they actually have the ability to do that), but some instructors have requested that their videos NOT be chaptered, so they are honoring their wishes.

He also said that on their next app update they'll make it so that you can zoom in on the dvd covers, and they're also working on integrating their app with Apple's Healthkit ios update, so that we'll actually be able to see real-time heartrate type stats right on the player. Sounds pretty cool!

Sorry to keep going on about them, but so far I'm just really impressed with their customer service, and I really see potential with this thing! I'll keep updating if I hear anything new
Old 08-25-14, 11:15 AM  
momof10

Danielle - I found out how to get just intermediate and advanced workouts and it did take a while to get all the videos to load. I was able to find a couple of HoCos. I will put Brian's email on my home page so I can keep referring to it to get to know how it all works. It might take me the free 7 days before I can really use it. So, which instructors did you recommend? I haven't seen any barre workouts yet, but maybe I have missed them.

Cheryl
Old 08-25-14, 11:56 AM  
Yelly

Quote:
Danielle - I found out how to get just intermediate and advanced workouts and it did take a while to get all the videos to load. I was able to find a couple of HoCos. I will put Brian's email on my home page so I can keep referring to it to get to know how it all works. It might take me the free 7 days before I can really use it. So, which instructors did you recommend? I haven't seen any barre workouts yet, but maybe I have missed them.

Cheryl
The instructors I requested were Cathe, Ilaria, Buti, Tracy Anderson, Ballet Body, Suzanne Bowen, Tonique, anything from Udaya, Skogg, RKS, Kari Anderson, Christi Taylor, Kari Anderson, Karen Voight, Classical Stretch, Art of Strength, KCM, and JNL Fusion. (for the life of me, I couldn't think at the time - I know there's more that I missed) He said that out of that list the only one that he hadn't had any communication with was Cathe. He said that Sylwia was a super cool girl He said that Christi Taylor joined them, but has put them on hold. According to him, there's a lot more instructors in the works, and we'll be impressed when we see them, it's just taking longer to finish things up with some of them. I agree about barre workouts - I didn't see many on there at all, so that's definitely a genre that could use some work.

You can put any of your requests on this thread, because he definitely reads it, or else you could just email him directly
Old 08-25-14, 12:57 PM  
antbuko

I request an Android app.
Old 08-25-14, 01:00 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia View Post
The instructors I requested were Cathe, Ilaria, Buti, Tracy Anderson, Ballet Body, Suzanne Bowen, Tonique, anything from Udaya, Skogg, RKS, Kari Anderson, Christi Taylor, Kari Anderson, Karen Voight, Classical Stretch, Art of Strength, KCM, and JNL Fusion. (for the life of me, I couldn't think at the time - I know there's more that I missed) He said that out of that list the only one that he hadn't had any communication with was Cathe. He said that Sylwia was a super cool girl He said that Christi Taylor joined them, but has put them on hold. According to him, there's a lot more instructors in the works, and we'll be impressed when we see them, it's just taking longer to finish things up with some of them. I agree about barre workouts - I didn't see many on there at all, so that's definitely a genre that could use some work.

You can put any of your requests on this thread, because he definitely reads it, or else you could just email him directly
I have been communicating with him through their Facebook page. He has been awesome. I did suggest some Barre workouts. He told me just to let him know some instructors I would like and he would get a hold of them on my behalf. He is the best customer service ever. You pretty much covered all the instructors I thought about. It's great advertising for the instructors, too, to be on their site. Sylwia is a sweety, actually, she is the sweetest instructor I have ever come across and so generous, too. I wanted to add that I will suggest Jari Love, too. I will think of a few more over the next few hours.

Cheryl

Last edited by momof10; 08-25-14 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Forgot
momof10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
streaming