Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Recipe Box

Old 06-04-12, 02:22 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

bake sale pricing

we're doing a charity bake sale to benefit United Way (we call it Aloha United Way here...)

do you think my pricing is reasonable? too low?

Bundt cake - $1/slice:
i made an applesauce bundt cake and i cut it into 8 or 9 slices.

pumpkin loaf - $1/slice:
in a glass loaf pan, i cut it into about 6 or 7 thick slices. i was thinking of charging the "end" pieces 50¢/ea.

we have to use increments of 50¢. we're each responsible for pricing the items.

in the past, i've seen people charge $1 for 4 small chocolate chip cookies. when i say small, i mean like 2" diameter.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 01:16 PM  
videofit

Your prices sound reasonable. If it's for charity, I don't think people would mind spending money. Just have plenty of one dollar bills to make change because you know everyone carries around $20s from the ATM.
Old 06-05-12, 01:20 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

We had some baked goods for sale at a charity event recently and I think just for ease of it all, everything was $1. Some of these things were amazing baked goods (and big)! I had one lady come back and buy $20 worth of scones/coffee cake -- it was a little nuts. Good luck with your sale!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-12, 03:44 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i love baking and like bringing stuff into work for my co-workers to chomp on.

i was so shocked the other week when i went into starbucks. they charge no less than $3.95 for baked items (including a 1.5" slab of banana bread!!!). and it's not even that great. i think they have a contractor make it for them because when i've eaten something from starbucks, it's stale and hard.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote