Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-16, 02:06 PM  
rheash92

Hi all - I finally had the surgery and it went well. Now Im just resting. Doctor told me I can walk around if I feel like it but Im really weak from all the meds and not really eating due to loss of appetite. Hopefully I can return back to normal soon. I will keep you posted. Thanks for all the wishes and the help.
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-16, 02:13 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Had mine out three years ago & recovered quickly.

A friend just had hers out laparoscopically as well. The recovery room nurse had her up rocking in a rocking chair right after surgery to help relieve the gas. I'd never heard that before & I'm a former nurse. HTH
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-16, 08:32 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
Hi all - I finally had the surgery and it went well. Now Im just resting. Doctor told me I can walk around if I feel like it but Im really weak from all the meds and not really eating due to loss of appetite. Hopefully I can return back to normal soon. I will keep you posted. Thanks for all the wishes and the help.
Congrats! I had my thyroid removed a week ago, and today was the first day I sort of felt myself again. It was sort of a normal day up until about 3pm or so and then I crashed. No workout though, of course! I saw the dr for a post-op appointment today and I completely forgot to ask him about anything. Darn it! But the instructions I got when I left the hospital was "don't lift anything over 10 pounds for the first week" so I'm assuming I can slowly try to get back into it. Hope you continue to feel better and better!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-16, 11:58 PM  
deineira

A speedy recovery to bee and rheash92. I hope you both are feeling back to normal soon.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-16, 12:13 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Good news all around and best wishes for continued recoveries! I didn't have much of an appetite either at first, wish that had continued to be the case.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-16, 01:01 PM  
meg39

Be kind to yourself, it will all come back. Best wishes!
meg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-16, 07:56 PM  
rheash92

Hi everyone - I had my 2 week appointment today and the doctor said I was healing well. I feel good except energy is still low but nutrition hasn't been the best so maybe that's why. He said I could walk and maybe some very low impact cardio but no weights for 8 weeks or no stretching, abs, push-ups or anything that uses/engages the core.

I was thinking I could start some Leslie maybe? What about Powerfit? Thanks!
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-16, 11:08 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
Hi everyone - I had my 2 week appointment today and the doctor said I was healing well. I feel good except energy is still low but nutrition hasn't been the best so maybe that's why. He said I could walk and maybe some very low impact cardio but no weights for 8 weeks or no stretching, abs, push-ups or anything that uses/engages the core.

I was thinking I could start some Leslie maybe? What about Powerfit? Thanks!
I think starting with Powerfit would be amazing. I'm kind of surprised by this. My husband had hernia surgery and was talking about climbing a 14,000 mountain 2 weeks later. Doc said by then he wouldn't rip anything open but he'd be surprised if he felt like doing so. But, he didn't actually have part of an internal organ removed.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-16, 12:07 AM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

Hernia surgery is a lot more superficial than gall bladder surgery, even if it's done laparoscopically. My husband recently had bilateral (double) hernia surgery and he wasn't quite ready to climb mountains at two weeks! It's been 6 weeks and he's just getting to where riding his bicycle is comfortable again.

As they told me after I had a partial colectomy laparoscopically, the incisions are small but your insides were disrupted. It's going to take a while to get them back to normal so don't rush it!

They were right. I tried gentle bouncing on my rebounder after two weeks and --Oh my --things still felt like they were trying to come loose. So be gentle.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote