Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Polls

View Poll Results: Why are you NOT a VF Supporter?
Financial reasons (too expensive). 62 41.06%
Don't visit VF that often. 28 18.54%
Why pay when it's free already? 13 8.61%
Too much trouble to join. 5 3.31%
Keep forgetting! 31 20.53%
Not worth paying for. 12 7.95%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-15, 08:46 AM  
Exercise Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I always receive the email couple of days before my subscription expires. Maybe yours goes into the spam folder?

And since my birthdate is listed in my profile, I also always get "happy birthday" email on my birthday. Nice touch and always makes me smile!
I'll have to check my Spam folder - not getting a birthday email either.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-15, 01:07 AM  
Vee

I picked "Not worth paying for" because it is closest to how I feel.

It is not that I find VF worthless. It is a valuable resource. Very much so. I've made great friends here. I've learnt a lot and am a far smarter home exerciser than I would have been if not for VF. VF has helped me save money by being a resource to ask questions and read opinions. The exercise reviews here are hands down the best on the web because this is a community of informed, passionate exercisers.

I just think that monetising social media through consumer subscriptions is unnecessary, especially in today's context where so many other proven alternative models exist. Of course this is my opinion and nobody else needs to share it.

If supporting VF with a subscription were to be mandatory, I wouldn't mind at all. I probably wouldn't subscribe.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-16, 04:06 PM  
poohpeggy

I just joined. I wouldn't have known about Xtreme Hip Hop with Phil if not for VF. If I can afford the dvd I can afford to show my appreciation. Thank You VF posters.
poohpeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-16, 08:14 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee View Post
I picked "Not worth paying for" because it is closest to how I feel.

. The exercise reviews here are hands down the best on the web because this is a community of informed, passionate exercisers.

I just think that monetising social media through consumer subscriptions is unnecessary, especially in today's context where so many other proven alternative models exist. Of course this is my opinion and nobody else needs to share it.
Too much gamification on most of the others, drives me bananas. I remember only one site that had poster "Levels" but nothing else [in the points (NOT WW POINTS!!) genre ... (As far as POINTS qua Weight Watchers, I'd gone through a phase similar but totally created-by-me to, ahem, numerically distill the counting of those blasted Kilocalories ...)]

Here, it's get on, post and/or read and/or read and post; then get off and get on with your day ...

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-16, 10:31 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Yikes, this poll is so old. 2003!

I'm not curious anymore.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-16, 01:20 PM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

I'm not curious anymore.
LOL! That is funny.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-16, 06:44 AM  
imhere2dance

I don't have a lot of extra spending money these days. What I do have, I use to buy dog and cat food to give to the SPCA. I'm sorry if it sounds rude, but I think feeding shelter animals is a better use of my money.

To be fair, though, I'm not very regular around here. Sometimes I don't log in for weeks at a time. And I usually only read/reply to threads that are about Leslie Sansone.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-16, 12:22 AM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
I don't have a lot of extra spending money these days. What I do have, I use to buy dog and cat food to give to the SPCA. I'm sorry if it sounds rude, but I think feeding shelter animals is a better use of my money.

To be fair, though, I'm not very regular around here. Sometimes I don't log in for weeks at a time. And I usually only read/reply to threads that are about Leslie Sansone.
Now I feel guilty ... even though this was in reaction to Oprah that I gave something to VF BUT - even worse - I did not give one red cent to my favorite presidential contender ... this is shameful in light of the fact that a relative of mine who used to be for the OTHER side*, gave sooo much $$ and so did some other family members ....

*I will let you guess because I'm not supposed to talk politics here ....

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-16, 02:12 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

I'm not curious anymore.
i've always been curious about the "expire" button when one creates a poll - if you select "expires after..." is it gone forever, or does that mean no one can post to it?

the recent poll i started, instead of reviving an old poll, i simply supplied the link to it, and then created a new poll (about spending).

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
old thread alert