Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-20, 09:20 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone, I’m behind again!

July 21:
~ walk
~Essentrics trademark practice for exam which I expect will be sometime in August.

July 22:
~taught Essentrics on zoom
~Walkabout in Courtenay, about 6 km, with DS2 & DIL with a nosh & libation on an outdoor patio

July 23:
~ETV: live workout with a lovely French instructor
~more Essentrics sequences for my exam
~1 hour reclined yin....reclined leg stretches, hip openers, twists, legs up the wall.

I’m all about gentle this week as I continue to baby my back. It is improving.

Cleda - Pilates always feels good, I need to do more tomorrow, once was not enough! I need to get this live Skype exam behind me so I can take a break from Essentrics!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-20, 07:12 PM  
Helen

I'm sorry sorry sorry.....

for not having left a post for Cleda to arrive to in the morning.

CLEDA
I'm a bit confused. The Peleton is a stationary bike that has a large screen to watch the workout & it streams via WiFi, yes? And Peleton have recently brought out a treadmill. Did you and Lili both also buy the Peleton treadmill? I'm definitely missing something.
I'm with you on the bed-time. Before 11 is not happening - but you get up a LOT earlier than I do!!

PAM
Nice to be able to have a family visit. Some still can't I expect.
You found a great way to cater to your back, but still get stuff done - nice!
The idea of reclined stretches sounds good.

LILI
Part of the appeal of doing workouts at home is NOT being tied to schedule - do it when it suits YOU. The live classes don't fit that mold - and would exclude many around the world due to time-zone differences; so they would have limited appeal I imagine.

WAVES TO KAY!!
Hope the meds are sorted for your blood pressure so you're not at risk of fainting.

Business
Wed., 22nd Jul.
6km brisk walk, with school - sport-walking is full-on back to normal this term; indoor sports - not yet.
Thu., 23rd Jul.
31min, Christi - Still Jumpin' - Section 2 Mix
32min, Cathe - High Step Challenge - Timesaver 2
Fri., 24th Jul.
end-of-the-week sloth
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.

Last edited by Helen; 07-25-20 at 12:41 AM. Reason: had feint instead of faint, both real words, but had the wrong one
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-20, 11:20 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

July 24:
~Neighbourhood walk
~ETV: Sasha’s new Cardio Blast - this was lovely, 45 min & mostly standing
~Ellen’s Prayer Flow - this is an Ellen fave

Helen - We’ve kept our visiting “bubble” to family with the occasional outdoor social distance visits with a few friends. We are pretty good here, but that can change very quickly. We still avoid most indoor places...stores etc, & do online ordering to pick up our groceries. Figure it’s best to err on the side of caution.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 07-25-20, 08:39 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

July 25:
~6 km walk to a lovely little cove
~Essentrics trademark practice...airplane, Caribbean spine, row the boat, barre stretch
~ePilates online: Chair Pilates - The title sounds easy, but it really wasn’t, lol. It was good though, basically a Pilates infused barre class.
~MFML: Hit the Wall Hatha - also sounded easy but had a few challenging poses. It was a good class & Adam had some inventive ways to use the wall to deepen poses. It culminated with handstand prep at the wall, my wrists passed on that.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 07-25-20, 08:59 PM  
Helen

Sat., 25th Jul.
66min, Kari - Push
short dog walk, caught break in rain
Sun., 26th Jul.
53min, Les Mills - Body Pump 110
short dog walk, caught break in rain
10min, Cathe - Step Boss - Extended Lying Stretch Addon
8min, Rodney - Yoga Conditioning for Sport - Golf Mini Workout
16min, Cathe - Step Boss - Extended Chair Stretch Addon

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 07-26-20, 05:50 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
for not having left a post for Cleda to arrive to in the morning.

CLEDA
I'm a bit confused. The Peleton is a stationary bike that has a large screen to watch the workout & it streams via WiFi, yes? And Peleton have recently brought out a treadmill. Did you and Lili both also buy the Peleton treadmill? I'm definitely missing something.
I'm with you on the bed-time. Before 11 is not happening - but you get up a LOT earlier than I do!!
The Peloton is a stationary bike with a large screen to watch the workout. Yes. it streams via WiFi and I can take live classes. However, they also have an APP. On the app (Which is available on ALL my devices for the same fee included on the bike) I can do the classes. So, I have a treadmill, I just set up my Ipad on the treadmill and do those classes. My heart rate monitor syncs with the Ipad/app so I get a HR reading. (I still need to figure out how to get it to track the miles over to the app. I have android, so it's probably a bit tougher - Apple is almost seamless with their watch. I think I would have to import my Samsung stuff into Strava and THEN over to the app, but I'm not sure. and frankly? Haven't had time to look into it.)

Since I can use the app on my phone, I can also take the runs/walks or whatever workout I choose, Outside to do. Although I rarely do. I enjoy working inside in a controlled environment. But that's me. Maybe when it gets cooler and the bears go away and I lose a touch more weight, I'll be more comfortable doing an outside run. For now? Nope. Love my treadmill and bike, etc.

I am hoping they come out with a rower. (That will be my non food reward for getting through a benchmark number - possibly by the end of the year) ... and if they do? That it will also have the big screen that I can see. Time will tell. It's been rumored for as long as I've had the bike. And then ... of course ... The Pandemic hit.

I would LOVE to get their tread, but it's entirely too much money for me. (Double the price of the bike and I had a hard time justifying the bike - although I can honestly say - I've gotten my Money's worth out of it!!! ) And I just bought the Landice treadmill right before I got the bike. Which is why I felt bad buying the bike. But as dh says: I ALWAYS get my money's worth out of exercise equipment. Love that man!

Does that clear it up??

I'll be back later to post. I'm still reading and getting caught up.

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-20, 04:45 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - to further answer your question, I don't have a Peloton bike or treadmill, but I stream their workouts to my TV and use my own equipment. I lose out on certain features, but I am happy with my current setup.
Cleda - thanks for the instructor recommendations!

Since I'm so far behind, I need to just post my workouts and chat later.

7/23 - Leslie's Run, Walk, Lift 33min.
Peloton's 20 min Strength for Runners with Becs Gentry.
There was also a dog walk.
7/24 - Les Mills 30 min. BodyCombat #76
Peloton's 20 min. Broadway Fun Walk with Matty
Dog walk
7/25 - Dog walk and gardening
7/26 - Mile 2 from 3 Fast & Fun Miles with Leslie
30 min. Interval Run with Selena
20 min. Cool Down Walk with Selena
Dog walk.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-20, 11:28 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

July 26:
~More Essentrics trademark practice....feels like Groundhog Day, lol
~20 min on Maxi Glider
~MFML: Everybody Flows Refine the Shapes - this was a pleasant all standing practice focused on form

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 07-27-20, 01:23 AM  
Helen

I understand now. Thankyou.
Some of the features that Lili doesn't have would, I expect, relate to being plugged into their actual bike/tread.
Price - yes, bit over $2k for the basic level bike, but bit over $4k for the basic tread.

We're drowning here! Over 6" of rain over the weekend, and it rained all day today as well.

Mon., 27th Jul.
55min, Christi - Step Heaven - Sections 1+3

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 07-27-20, 05:07 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Can't believe I"m this far behind

I promised myself I would NOT let that happen and yet it has. Good golly! I'm going to catch up and then have to run because I'm behind schedule this a.m. I'm already agitated and the day has not yet begun.

7/23/2020: Bellicon "Cross Training for a Marathon", 10 minute Core Workout with Robin (for strength challenge)

7/24/2020:
Denis Morton's Power Zone challenge workout - 45 minutes + stretch.

7/25/2020: Pelofondo (101 miles on the bike). Denis Morton PZ 45 minute Endurance ride, Matt's PZ 45 minute Endurance Ride, Christine's 45 minute PZ endurance ride, another Christine PZ 45 minute ride, Christine's 30 minute Classical Music Ride, Denis Morton's PZ 45 minute ride (hooked up with another rider from my group - this was at 7:12 a.m., the rest of the team was waking up), MW PZ 60 minute Endurance ride, (This ride was live and I had 40 other of my teammates with me. Or something like that! so lots of high 5s) 30 min. Matt PZ endurance ride, 20 mins. Olivia's PZ beginner ride to cool down.

7/26/2020: Sundays With Love with Nancy. Virtue: Commitment. Yep ... I think I'm pretty committed. 5 mins. bike stretch. Had to catch up on my strength challenge: 10 mins. Full Body with Andy Speer, 5 minutes Core with Jess King, 10 minute Core with Rebbecca Kennedy and 10 minutes full body stretch with Christine.

I had a Pokemon Go event that lasted all weekend, so in order to get in my 100 miles in on Sat. (that I committed to a month ago before the PoGo event was announced), I had to be on the bike by 4 a.m. I hit it at 3:58 a.m.! Got all my rides done, hit the shower and headed to the park to walk for the afternoon to catch my pokemon. We got home by 8 p.m. and I was pretty beat!!!! But by Sun. a.m. I was fine. Riding again with Nancy was not an issue. Then it was back to the park again to finish catch 'em all!

Power zone Challenge is over. So I have 4 weeks off to do whatever. I must start out today with a good workout so as to set the stage for a good month of fun. RECESS ...

Ok, gotta run ....
Make it a great day.
Hopefully shout outs later.
Waves to all!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote