Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-20, 05:10 PM  
Mickey12

Tonight was Strong and Sweaty Cardio Slam. I had a notation that I didn't like the floor portion of this one so I did the timesaver premix that is just the mat and step work. I can't remember why I didn't like the floor work though. I should do it again to see if I still feel that way. ha.

Manley I agree with you the step portion with just the riser was a great change of pace and really, really unlike Cathe. I like all the jumping in this one. It makes me feel like I'm playing hop scotch. I don't like that she repeats some of the moves though.

I can't believe it's Friday already and I only did one workout from Strong and Sweaty. Yikes. I better get with the program!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay fierce!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-20, 09:13 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi, fierce Watulans!

What a week! Monday was storm prep, pretty much took all day securing and/or moving things from the yard that could cause damage from the storm and setting up our "safe space" as tornados were possible with this one. Many people in our area don't have basements since we are at sea level and there's not much ground below us. We were awakened at 1am and 400am Tuesday morning by tornado warnings, so not much sleep but not complaining since our immediate area didn't have a tornado, just lots and lots of wind.

So Tuesday was Yard Max Extreme, all day straight without even a break for lunch. We have a lot of branches and major limbs that required a chain saw. Wednesday was Yard Max Extreme Vol.2. It was slightly shorter than Vol 1, but it was also a lot hotter and we were tired from Vol 1. Anyhow, we consider ourselves lucky as other areas got a lot more rain than we did (we only got around an inch) and the tons of debris didn't cause any property damage.

Thursday it was back to "regular" workouts along with a lengthy walk. I did Super Cuts, which isn't a killer workout and that was fine with me. The two hard days doing YME really took a lot out of me. Today I did Michele Dozois' BodyFit 360 Volume 2, Dance Conditioning, and Burn Sets Bis and Tris from XTrain. I'm really enjoyed the Michele workout. It reminded me of Sleek except longer and more emphasis on the "athletic" rather than the "dance." I found that I was better at the dance moves thanks to what I've been doing with the Sleek workouts.

bee, I don't think you are crazy with the "rabbit, rabbit" comment. I think I mentioned that I had actually done it this month. I'm not sure where it originated, I think I may have even seen it in a novel some years ago. Anyway, I'm hopeful it means good things this month. We avoided damage from Isaias, so maybe it's working!

Hugs to all! Will check in again this weekend when I've got more time!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 04:03 PM  
Mickey12

Cataddict I’m sorry you had so much cleanup to do but I’m VERY happy that you didn’t have any damage. Tornados are so scary. So glad all is well.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 10:03 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Cataddict I’m sorry you had so much cleanup to do but I’m VERY happy that you didn’t have any damage. Tornados are so scary. So glad all is well.

Kim
Me too
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-20, 06:43 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:

Kim
Me three! I am so sorry for all the cleanup that had to be done but I am happy that you did not have any major damage.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-20, 07:02 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:

Kim
Me four!!

Happy Sunday fierce Watulans!

So Friday I ended up doing Level Up 108 Detox on YouTube. Bee, I've put Inner Dimension on my birthday wish list along with Cathe Live. We'll see what happens! I really wish I could just buy Level Up 108 as a DVD set, wahhh!!!

Nathalie, you're just making me want Cathe Live even more, hah!

Today I did the Extreme Lower Body premix from Total Body Giant Sets as a leg workout to go with Ramped Up Upper Body, which I plan to do tomorrow. This premix was....well....not sure I'll be walking tomorrow. It's all three rounds of five exercises each repeated three times each, so round 1 three times, round 3 three times, and round 5 three times, meaning something like 45 exercises for lower body. At first I thought I'd pyramid down as it went on but nope, I just kept using Cathe's weights. I'll report back on how much I regret that tomorrow.

Kim, definitely try Cardio Slam again with the floor work. You might be surprised! Or not!

Cataddict, NO, do NOT enable me on any more Michelle! Are those 360 workouts newer? Do I need to add them to my wish list?

Waves to everyone else...hope your weekend is going well everyone. Hugs!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-20, 07:11 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Me, five, cataddict! Wow! Hopefully "rabbit rabbit" is helping you out!

Yesterday I took a rest day, though ended up walking quite a bit and then having a big spur of the moment dance party with the family last night -- so much fun! I think that's the most fun I've had in quarantine.

Today I did about twenty minutes of the Kat Hip Hop Step workout -- I want to do it all sometime, but was really wanting to get to yoga. I did Forged by Fire Heart Opener. I think I'm headed into the ones Kate recommended next. They look a little scary.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 08-10-20, 11:41 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello my friends.
So sorry to be MIA. Last week was just a weird week for me. I'm still having a lot of grief issues - REALLY missing my Mom. And although I have been working out every day as usual, the rest of the days have been kind of "meh". So I guess I just didn't feel like posting. And I was having some computer problems, unemployment problems...problems, problems! Sigh...gotta get a grip.

I am still working my way thru STS. I added in some STS Cardio and a NEW Body Combat on LMOD. Finishing Meso 1 this week and then I may take a week off to do other things then start back to Meso 2. Or I may just go right into it. Haven't decided yet. ;-)

Starting back to this week.
Today was STS Meso 1 Disk 10 - Chest, Shoulders, Biceps. Supposed to be up to 70% of one rep max and I was really feeling it! I'm still using my ankle weights and 2lb hand weight but that's so hard to manipulate so I broke down and ordered some Plate Mates. I can't wait to get them. I got a pair of 1.25lb and a pair of 2.5lb. May be here today!

I hope everyone is staying well. I'll try to get out of my funk and post more often. I'm glad to see everyone is still being so fierce! HUGS

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 11:41 AM  
fanofladyvols

cataddict me, six! Your yard Max extreme sounds like it was rough but happy to hear no injuries or property damage.

kim I have a couple of DVDs that I wrote meh on years ago and have recently wondered if I did them now if I would still feel the same. I'm thinking of revisiting them soon. So I agree with kittybug..may e you'll be pleasantly surprised and like it now?

bee your Family Dance IMAX sounds like a wonderful workout

ChelePA was your ankle ok with your walkathon? If so, sheesh you're tough!

kittybug will you be staying with S&S?

manley you and Kim did it ...you've got me putting Cardio Slam on my wishlist now.

I finished up the longer Spartacus workouts except for the 20 minute add on workouts. Although I inadvertently fell in love with David Jack along the way, the point was to get ready for Cathe's Afterburn. I guess it worked because I finally did it all the way through. Now I couldn't match Cathe's dumbbell weight and I elected to insert two one minute breathers in the workout but by golly I finished strong. I was pretty proud of myself...a rooster couldn't strut about more than I did. So future goals include upping my weights in it and tackling To the Max and Crossfire. I'll have to do other and more metabolic workouts to get there though.

I also did both premixes of Yoga Relax and prefer premix #1 slightly more than #2. I doubt I ever use this workout in its entirety. The premixes are the right length for my purposes. This DVD is nice to have but I enjoy my 3 week yoga retreat DVDs or Maris Aylward on YT more for the gentle relax feeling.

I'm thinking of doing a Jessica Smith week. It doesn't really leave room for any Cathe but I may pop in to just say Haiii!!

Hoooahhh to Kate, horusosiris and Nathalie!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 12:16 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Aw, Kate sending you big warm hugs right now! Sorry you've been struggling. I hope things look up. Go you for keeping up those workouts. 70% sounds like so much for meso 1, but I'm sure I've just forgotten. Wow!

Linda, congrats on finishing Spartacus.... and..... the Afterburn Challenge! Wow, good for you! Love your rooster comment, too. So great to see progress that way, isn't it?!

This morning I did Total Body Giant Sets. I can't remember who suggested the premix with the ab work mixed in between each set, but that's how I did it and what a great win! Loved getting it done that way. I'll have to remember to check other workouts for that kind of premix. I'm definitely feeling stronger, too. My core, for sure, but I also think my triceps have gotten stronger from the yoga.

Waves to all the Fierce Watulans!

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in