Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-20, 08:42 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

GHUTV Walk, Sweat & Sculpt UB - 30min
DY Back it Up - 22min
DY Better than Crunches - 25min

GHUTV Walk, Sweat & Sculpt Calendar Program is my favorite and the one I do the most. Nice mix of power walks and sculpting. I bought the DVD set as a backup to streaming earlier this year when I was having problems with my internet. Seems like all my neighbors were working from home then and streaming was unreliable.

DY Better than Crunches was mostly all standing core/cardio moves and it was great! This was an "extra mile" workout for this week and it went straight into my favorites. I can't believe it, but I actually completed the 1st week of FF8 calendar as written - including the "extra mile" workouts. Subscription to DY was a good purchase for me. Tomorrow I'm planning to do new ePilates full workout with circle because it's a rest day for FF8.

I looked at Gina B's new DVD set and I agree that the price is steep for basically all walk/dance workouts. Regardless of music, I feel I would be bored with it. I won't be buying it but I'm waiting for Jessica Smith's new offering. I'll almost certainly buy whatever she releases.

Our internet/cable TV was out again on Thursday afternoon to Friday mid-morning. I don't know what's going on with Comcast but I hate that company with a passion. I again will be calling them for credit!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 08-08-20, 09:23 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was one of those days when I ended up doing something that wasn't on my radar at all! I thought I would do Ellen or Yoga...but I ended up with:

Jessica - 5 Mile Mix - I did the 2 Mile Pre-Mix which had a faster paced walk and a walk/jog mix. It was fun....

Jane Adams - Yoga for Beginners - 30 min Core practice. I really liked this - it was gentle, but I felt it was also effective since it moved slowly which made the movements more challenging w/out causing risk of injury.

I really have to get some stuff done for my job today, so I'm going to force myself to log on...

Carol - sounds like an interesting workout - I'm glad my DD wants to buy her horse - I think he provides some "therapy" for her and even if she went away to school she could possibly find a place to board him near her school and it would probably be cheaper than what board costs around here.

Nice work, Dana!

I'm sort of considering some sort of rotation w/ Jessica now, of course b/c I did one of her workouts and enjoyed it!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 08:47 PM  
cherimac

Work was icky this week. The manager and assistant manager, we're stressed out and at everyone’s throats. So I have just been coming home to lick my wounds and stay off social media.
Old 08-09-20, 08:16 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workout was more of the same:

Walk - 30 minutes; Barre Blend - PN #1B - 30 minutes

This workout was similar to Friday's workout, but more pelvic floor focused and less upper work focused. I like the workouts, but am going to get tired of all the baby/mama talk. I think I'll be back to Pahla soon.

Cheri - I'm finding everyone is stressed out and crabby these days. Blame it on CoVid.

Donna - Nice choices! I need to pull Jane's yoga DVDs out for when I need a bit of variety. I haven't done much on the Yoga for Beginners DVD.

Dana - I agree with you on the GHUTV Walk, Sweat and Sculpt calendar. It is by far my favorite because it's not overkill, yet gets the job done. Glad your yoga program is working out! Don't get me started on internet providers. Grrrr!

Waves ~

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-20, 02:06 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was an Ellen Medley:

Ellen - Sweet 15
Ellen - KickButt (her take on kickboxing...)
Ellen -Sleek Side Body

Then DD and I ended up taking a short walk. I may take another tonight b/c I find it best not to sit around too much on Sunday since it ramps up my anxiety over the coming week.

Cheri - I'm sorry this week was bad for you at work....hope this next week is better.

Carol - I really enjoyed getting my HR up w/ Jessica yesterday. It was a nice change of pace, I do get my HR up w/ Pahla, but not as much I don't think.

This week's min challenge for body shaping w/ Pahla is looking good to me for next week - so that is probably what I will do - unless something else catches my eye tomorrow morning.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 08-10-20, 05:56 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I was not up for more pregnancy talk, so I cancelled my BBOD free trial. The workouts themselves had real possibilities and if she were to do beginner's Barre Blend series, I would resubscribe. But I'm not holding my breath. BB is not exactly about beginner stuff these days.

I am so suggestible though. Michelle from Faithful Workouts sent out a Sunday email advertising her new 3 DVD set (which I bought, of course - something like 10 or 12 workouts for $33; how could I pass that up??) and that reminded me of her other DVDs, so I pulled them out and did:

Faithful Workouts - Total Fitness Beginners: Cardio & Strength - 23 minutes & Total Body Workout - 28 minutes;

These really hit the spot! Both were cardio and toning - both used a resistance band (with handles) for the toning. Both had a decent amount of stretching at the end. I did the first one and because it was shorter than I expected, I wanted more so I did another one on the same disc. I added on (at bedtime) a Bedtime Stretching Routine from a book. I am sore today - sorer than I've been in a while. Probably should have just stopped at the first workout. I did appreciate Michelle's message throughout - it is comforting for me to hear those messages of faith.

Hopefully I'll stick with these for a while, if not, I'll go back to Pahla.

Donna - Nice job with your Ellen marathon! Hope your anxiety isn't too high this week.

Waves to all. We are ramping up at School this week - we open a week from today.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 07:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I went with:

Jessica Smith - 20 Min Total Body Barre
Jessica Valent -Pilates for SI Pain - this one had a lot of my favorite side lying exercises.

DD and I went for a short walk last night, but I still had trouble sleeping so this morning was a blah time working out. But, at least I got it done!

Carol - I think I'm going to buy that DVD set - I watched the clips and the workouts look good.

You know, I'm suffering from the "I don't know what I want do workout blues" so maybe some FW will be nice to do right now!!!

We can all use more positivity in our lives right now. I did buy her daughter's yoga plans as well as the one that is a mix of Yoga and FW. That may be something to do that is different than what I have been doing. As much as I love Pahla, Ellen and Jessica (both "S" and "V"), I really am in the the mood for something different

Hope everyone has a good day - my Monday's start w/ a 2+ hour meeting and that pretty much destroys productivity for the rest of the day, LOL!

Donna
Old 08-10-20, 07:56 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Pahla's Power Walking 30min https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZWI6-luOEI
DY Get Mobile - 29min. Great workout! My body feels loose and flexible now.

I'm off for my early morning appt with a new dentist. Long story. I'll update you about that ongoing saga later when I get back. I hope new dentist is capable. Ugh...

Waves to all!
Old 08-10-20, 11:10 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol I was reading your experience with BBOD. It seems like they should have something to suit people who need that. It's a shame they don't.

Donna I understand needing a change. I know changing things up invigorates me. Two hour meetings are draining indeed!

Cheri I think the stress of the customers is getting unloaded on the retail workers as well. I'm sorry. I don't know if it helps you to know my DD is sharing a similar experience.

Dana when I read the word ' dentist ' in your post o thought, "Oh, no!" Please update us.

This weekend was YouTube yoga (Maris Aylward) and outdoor walks. Needed a change of pace.

Waves to Brenda and Beth!

Happy Monday All!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 11:30 AM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone!

Short Walk
Shaped by Faith: Stability Ball workout

I mostly walked last week, but it felt good to do a workout. I'm sorry I'm behind on personals.

Donna, I think I saw you mention going back to your old department at work? Did anything come of that?

Dana, ugh sorry you have to go back to the dentist! I know how much trouble you had with that in the past.

Cheri, sorry about work troubles!

Carol, Faithful Workouts is always encouraging.

Waves to Linda, Beth & Brenda!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote