Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-08-20, 08:44 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a 46 minute walk in the morning and that was it. I am planning a walk shortly and possibly some weight work. I'll see how the day goes.
I do have some errands and cleaning to do so not sure if my exercise motivation will hold up. I also have a friend coming over later to visit in the backyard. I have mixed feelings about it but we'll see. At least my other friend who is irresponsible with the protocols isn't coming over. She'll be attending an outdoor concert with a crowd of people. This is why I don't like having her around.

PENGUIN, good job cobbling a workout together. At least there was a hit among the misses. How long is hubby's training?

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 02:02 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

SB, I so agree with you about being around people that don't follow the virus guidelines! If I'm giving up going out to keep myself safe, I really don't want someone who won't, come over and expose me. I just let em call me paranoid, and laugh.

Penguin, your hubby's schedule does look pretty good! It sounds nice, that y'all sat in the old camper and remembered the fun times you had in it. I hope you enjoy the new one just as much, if not more!

I thought I posted yesterday, but it looks like I didn't. Not much to post, anyway. Walking, and the CS waist stuff every day, and yesterday some sun salutations and upper body weights. Today, walking and CS. I did see a post on GD that amazon Prime has 6 different Dance That Walk's on, so maybe I'll actually try that later.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 02:52 PM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

I typed a post the other day, but got distracted before I actually posted it, then I shut my computer down at the end of the day having totally forgotten that the post was sitting there, so I lost it, darn it!

Let's see, Wed I did 2, 10 min Jessica walks and 18 minutes of CH: Country Swing during the day. At night I did CH: Giddy Up and made it to 10000 steps for the day.

Thursday I did 2, 10 min Jessica walks, 2 10 mins walks around my yard, and at night I did CH: Trail Ride. Made it to 10,000 steps for the day.

Friday, I had a busy day of meetings from 12:00-4:30, so I got up first thing in the morning and took a brisk 44 min walk around the neighborhood. I threw in 3 or 4 jogging intervals. I noticed that I'm getting better at them (the running intervals)!

Our visiting faculty member who is originally from Spain arrived last night (he spent last semester in Portland, so that's where he flew in from), so I had him take an Uber from the airport to campus, but I did meet him on campus and take him to the apartment of where he'll be staying. I was thinking that I might try to get in a workout after I got back home, but there were some delays and I got home later than I had planned, so no additional workout for me. I did make it to over 10,000 steps for the day just from the walk in the morning and moving around a lot in between meetings (I also took him for a quick visit to a grocery store after he arrived and walked around in there while he picked up a few things).

I'm not sure what I'll do today, but I'm going to try to get in a formal workout. I took our visiting faculty member to Walmart first thing this morning so that he could get more substantial stuff, so I wasn't able to get in a walk. I also have a lot to do around the house today and I'm supposed to get together with some friends for a social-distancing get together this evening, so we'll see what happens.

SB - Great job with your walks. You have me curious about Gilad now. I'll have to check out some clips (not that I need more workouts; I'm barely doing the ones that I already have ). I totally understand what you mean about your concerns of friends coming over, ESPECIALLY the one not following protocols. I'm glad she's not joining you. My neighbor is like that, which has been frustrating and I've had to put some distance between us (like if she comes over I step outside and talk to her with some space between us instead of letting her in the house). I hope that everything works out, and that you're able to enjoy the visit with your friend.

Penguin - Great job with your workouts. I enjoy going to YT to look up the workouts that you mention. I hope that everything works out with your husband's training and planning around his schedule.

Terri - Good job with your workouts and yard work! (ETA: Terri, I just saw your last post after I posted. I think I'm going to have another look at those DTW workouts.)

Waves to All!
Old 08-09-20, 07:17 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 46 minute walk in the morning. As I anticipated, I didn't add on anything else after doing my errands and cleaning. I do plan a walk soon and not sure about anything else. My DS and his gf are coming over today and I'm tired from last night so we'll see how it goes.

The visit with my friend worked out really well. We sat outside until 12:30 am talking and drinking wine. My DH joined us for awhile and we had a lot of fun.

TERRI, nice job keeping up with your routine. I think you posted that youtube link for the CS waist exercises. I want to look into it It's a short one led by Miranda, right? I remember doing one with Sahra years ago but shorter is even better . And you mentioned an episode in season 8 I think? Was it Lose a Pant Size or something like that?

CAMBET, great job making your step totals. I'm sure you mentioned it before but what tracker do you use? Lately I've been thinking maybe I should start tracking my steps. When I was working I had no problem getting well over 20,000 steps a day but now even with daily walking there's no way I'm getting that many steps. I need something to nudge me to move more. As annoying and stressful as my job was it sure did keep me in shape.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!!

Old 08-10-20, 07:41 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a 49 minute walk in the morning and that was it. It's back to the 90s and I was worn out from the night before. I'm not sure if I'll be walking today. It's another hot one and I'm not feeling all that well. I was up during the night with intestinal issues and I'm achy and tired today. Normally I wouldn't think too much of it but I'm going to call the doctor and try to get a covid test. I don't necessarily think that's what I have but these are crazy times and it's better to check.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
Old 08-10-20, 02:01 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

SB, yes the CS is like 2 minutes long, with Miranda. The one with Sahara is about 8 minutes, and much tougher. Maybe I'll graduate to it someday. The Lose a pant size is in season 8, and I haven't done it yet.
Hope your G.I. issues resolve, and that it isn't anything serious.

Cambet, just walking around Walmart should rack up some steps, if it's as big as ours. When I first got my FitBit, I was obsessive, and would jog around the house at night if I didn't have 10,000 steps. I still jog around the bathroom while brushing my teeth

Today, I did 35 minutes on the treadmill, & stretched. Later, I decided to do the CS waist while watching the clip, so did it and then saw I'd bookmarked Fabulous 50s workouts, so did a 1 Mile walk, and her 5 minute stretch. I did like her, and the walk. Added some extra stretches and some yoga. I felt really great when I finished! Makes me remember why I used to love to work out.
There's a post on GD about another site site a huge variety of workouts I bookmarked to try, the have barre, tai chi, boxing...all kinds of stuff, live classes (that are taped) free.
Hi to everybody!

Meister Eckhart

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
Old 08-10-20, 09:01 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, training lasts until December. After a few days of not much to do today was so busy they were telling him how to do stuff and telling him to learn how later! That's busy!

We took the old camper, Judy, to her new owners. The wife's name is Judith and her favorite color is aqua, the color we painted the walls so she was thrilled. Her DH knows about the camper's issues and I'm sure My Hubby will be roped into trying to fix them. We gave her a crash course in how to work it but we'll have to go out later and demonstrate.

Saturday, we drove up early to Jackson, about two hours away, to eat at a taco place we like and then spent the next 4 hours, waiting, looking over the camper, being given the spiel on how to work this particular camper, more waiting while they fix a few things that Hubby found wrong and then 3+ hours driving home. All in all that took 13hours. Not fun. But we love the new camper, which Hubby named Willow. The one downside is that since it has two slides, when its closed up we can't access more of the camper without reopening the slides. They did leave us access to the bathroom however. Its close to the door so we aren't tracking dirt and leaves all through the camper! Yay!

Yesterday, I cleaned the kitchen and bathroom. then my parents came over to see the camper, then I started cutting rubber mats for the cabinets, this helps keep stuff from sliding around and lightens up the dark cabinets. Then I started moving stuff in. We had three laundry baskets in the dining room which I kept tripping over so I started there! I got about halfway done when I tripped on the extra stair and practically landed on my face. I decided to stop there. While I wasn't hurt I figured I would be sore today, and I am a little, but not too bad.

I'll catch up with the rest of the replies tomorrow. I'm still tired!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-20, 07:40 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Saturday I didn't do a formal workout (well, actually, I did do a 10 min JS walk), but from going to Walmart and cleaning around the house I got to around 9,000 steps. At night I hung out with some friends outside on one of their porches in a social distance gathering and around 11:30 I realized that I had around 9,200 steps and only needed 800 more to make it to 10,000. So I told them that I was going to take a more or less 8 min walk to make it to 10,000. Then my friend's kitten escaped from the house when someone opened the front door and we had to go chase it down, so after we caught the kitty I took a 8-10 min walk around the block and made it to over 10,000 steps before midnight. I didn't get home till almost 1:00 am.

Sunday - is usually my day off and after getting home around 1:00 the night before, I was tired and did not get in a workout.

Monday - No workout Monday either. I actually went to work to begin orientation for our visiting faculty member. I got home round 2:30 and had a Zoom work meeting at 3:15 that lasted an hour. I just felt so tired after that so I took a break on the couch. After dinner, I kept telling myself that I was going to get up and do a couple of the less strenuous Country Heat work outs to make it to 10,000 steps but I fell asleep instead.

Today and Thursday I have another Teach-In series and I don't want to sweat my hair out before it starts, so I can't get in a workout this morning, but we'll see what I can get to later (I'm not presenting today, but I am moderating on Thursday).

SB - Great job getting your walks in. I totally understand how a night of staying out late can mean cutting back on or even no work out for the next day! I'm glad that you enjoyed your time with your friend and hope that you feel better soon (and praying you don't have Covid!). I have a Fitbit Alta HR, btw, which they have discontinued. Tracking my steps does motivate me to move more.

Terri- Great job with your workouts, also! I'm going to have to check out the workout sites that you mention. I know that recent studies show that you don't have to actually get 10,000 steps/day to get he health benefits from moving around, but it is still my goal. I was more obsessed when I first got my Fitbit. Like you, I would job around the house at night to make it to 10,000 steps when I first got it. I still walk around the house while food is heating in the microwave to get in extra steps.

Penguin - Wow, you have a lot going on! Glad you're already enjoying the camper, though Saturday was a long day with a lot of waiting. Sounds like y'all are going to make the most of it!

Waves to All!
Old 08-11-20, 08:34 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

I did go for the covid test yesterday but I feel a lot better today. I'm thinking it was probably one of those 24 hour stomach bugs. I won't get the results for 10 days and I'm supposed to quarantine until then which is pretty much what I've been doing anyway. I feel a little silly for going now because I'm not one to run to the doctor for every little thing but I really felt miserable yesterday so I thought it was best to check. I must say I don't recommend that covid test to anyone unless absolutely necessary !!

I'm not sure what I'll do today. It's hot and sticky already so I may pass on the walk and just do something gentle.

TERRI, good job with your walking and workouts. I did look up those CS waist workouts. I may try one today.

PENGUIN, that's a long training for hubby! It sounds like a trial by fire kind of day yesterday! Ugh on the waiting on Saturday but I'm sure it's all worth it

CAMBET, sounds like you had a similar night to me on Saturday . Your work seems to be ramping up already. Maybe I'll look through some old threads to find some tracker ideas.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!!
Old 08-11-20, 03:11 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Hi Penguin!

SB I'm glad you're feeling better! I pretty much have been quarantined for months, too.

Cambet, I read that you don't need 10,000 steps, too, but like you, I still want them.

Yesterday evening I did the warmup to Dance That Walk Latin, and think it'll be fun. I'd already bathed after my earlier exercise, and didn't want to get sweaty again, so mostly watched after the warm up.

Today, 1:22 on the treadmill, split into 3 different walks, each followed by stretching and mostly upper body weights. CS waist and some yoga, too.

I read a thread on GD with a link to an article saying you can get strength and bone building from lifting weights even if you don't do much at once. The author said you wouldn't see the big muscles, but you'd still be able to build strength. Plus you can spread the workout over the day, and not get sweaty. Sounded worth a try.

Meister Eckhart