Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-20, 05:30 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Erin O’Brien Strong Body, Ageless Body. I think I had only done this once before. It was a good pick for me right now. Got in a nice workout.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-20, 03:37 PM  
pharma_gal

Wed - Day 4 Breakthrough
Thurs - no workout
Fri - Legs and Abs

I am not going in order anymore because I don’t workout 7 days a week. I will eventually do all the workouts but I try to get in some upper and lower body every week.

I’m glad I restarted but somehow I don’t feel as motivated as in the past. I know it’s mostly due to these uncertain times but hope this ends soon.

We didn’t get much damage from the storm but yes tree falling down in the yard is sure scary.

Have a great weekend everyone!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-20, 10:10 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi ladies,

No formal workout today..."best made plans..." But, I did get some outdoor beach walking in late this afternoon along a rocky beach and coastline in Southeast RI. Unfortunately for me, I took a tumble on the rocks when climbing back up, dropped my phone (which had to be retrieved) and scuffed up my knee and elbow. I'm fine but phone is pretty smashed up and not presently working. Rocks were slippery since DH and I'd just gotten there right after low tide around 4pm and I should have been more careful and not try to take pics of Atlantic Ocean while climbing on rocks.

Tomorrow is another day! Maybe I should pick a workout that has a balance focus! ;-)

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-20, 10:35 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post

I dug out my old Fitbit Zip, but even with a new battery it doesn't want to work. The poor thing has been ignored for so long, it probably died of loneliness.
I put on my fitness tracker (no name brand) watch just last week. It worked for one day, tracked sleep activity and steps, then "no data" for next couple of days. I've had it over a year and left it sitting on my dresser without really using it. It was plugged into the charger for so long that the screen was damaged with faded time/clock imprint. I got it cheap from Amazon, so I will replace with another gadget. ;-)

April Focus:
Old 08-08-20, 02:47 AM  
dlb

Yesterday was another weed day (sigh). I woke up much too early this morning, glad it's Saturday.

Debbie
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 07:46 AM  
Cher

Another nice day so I went for about an hour walk yesterday.

Pam - Hope your okay after your fall and you get your phone working. The walk sounds nice up to that point.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 02:15 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I somehow missed checking in for a few days, but since I mostly do the same things every day, it probably isn't a big deal. Walking, CS waist, & balance every day. Yesterday I did a few rounds of sun salutations and some upper body weights, too. Today, an hour on the treadmill, a few sun salutations, CS waist. I don't know if my waist is really smaller, cause I didn't measure before, but it looks better to me!

LAC, I still use my old FitBit, I think it's an Ultra, it won't sync any more, but still gives me steps, sleep, calories, etc. I wish they still made them, cause I really don't wear a watch or want to, I like that it clips onto my bra or shorts.

Pam, glad you didn't get hurt badly when you slipped.

Debbie, I need to take a day to weed, but just pull some here and there, cause it's so hot.

Pharma_Gal, if you find that motivation, send me some!

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 02:24 PM  
LAC

No workout yesterday. Today I played 9 holes of golf with hubby, walking the course and carrying my clubs. I was totally worn out by the last couple of holes. I think it was a combination of the mid-day heat and not being well hydrated. Feeling better at home now in the air conditioning, so I will try to add some more formal activity before the day is over.

So sorry about your fall and your phone Pam.

Debbie, that is a whole lot of weeding you have been doing, you must have a very well manicured yard!

Pharma_Gal and Terri, feel free to send some motivation my way as well!

I've been looking at replacement activity trackers and I am amazed by what they can do and what some of them cost. Does anybody use any of the stuff like pulse rate tracking, ECG readouts and VO2 monitoring? I don't know that I need one that does anything beyond counting my steps.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 04:02 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Didn't sleep that well so just did Jillian Hessel's Pilates for Beginner's (Gaiam) workout! It is from 2002, and I'm guessing that's when I bought it and never used it. I did Ana Caban's workouts much more frequently back then, so plan to revisit those soon! Today's workout was a breeze following the beginning modifier, so next time I'll follow Jillian's lead. It was good though, but not the basic mat series sequenced one exercise right after the other, as Ana Caban did. Beautiful Gaiam Hawaii scenery. Props are used to make Pilates accessible to the absolute beginner (or in this case....restarter.) ;-)

I might add some Jane Adams Balance work before bedtime!

Have a good weekend all!

April Focus:
Old 08-09-20, 05:04 AM  
dlb

Good morning - Yesterday was weeding & trimming. A few days ago, I ordered some bushes from Amazon. I was expecting expensive twigs but pleasantly surprised received decent sized plants. They were wrapped & shipped beautifully. So this week, I have to dig out 3 huge bushes that are terrible looking - not looking forward to this project.

Have a good Sunday!

Debbie
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
miracle mile