Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-03-20, 11:09 PM  
Vantreesta

Argh, drive by again. I don't know where time goes! This morning before breakfast I did day 14 of the DYY challenge. After breakfast we walked just over 4 miles then I did wk1 day1 of the 10k trainer app. For whatever reason(s), running has felt hard the past month so I just decided to start over even though I very rarely start back farther than wk3. I did enjoy it more. I did PowerFit Cardio after that. I never did a true stretch after the run, but the total run time was only 8 minutes so wasn't too worried. Our PM walks were around a mile each.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 08:05 PM  
MathTeacher

I'm still doing Pilates by Lisa.

Sherry, I have been eating less sweets. I thought I would have severe cravings but I haven't so far. I know there will be a day when I lose my mind.

Katie, I sit in front of my computer waaaay too much.

Vannie, I admire you for walking four miles. My hip would scream at me!

So far I have recorded two videos for my kids. I hope to do more tomorrow. I get easily distracted and I feel weird talking to myself in my classroom.
Old 08-04-20, 10:14 PM  
Leonana

No workout today, but I did walk around a Goodwill. It’s 25% off for over 55 on Tuesdays. I found some workout shorts.

Vannie, that sounds like a lot of steps!

MT, I’m still eating a lot of dark chocolate, although I’m doing better about everything else. That’s great you don’t have cravings.
Old 08-04-20, 11:24 PM  
Vantreesta

Sherry, I had over 25000 yesterday!

The display on my Fitbit died today so I'm deciding what one to get to replace it. I also need to do some computer shopping since mine is super old and running Windows 7.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 08-05-20, 04:56 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, way to go on the miles and steps!

MT, I finally got a timer to help me stay accountable to only 30 minutes at a time at the computer and at the very least, get up and stretch before I sit back down again. Have to admit, there are times where I forget to set it. I'm s l o w l y training myself.

Sherry, nice job on the work out shorts find at good will.

My goals are going pretty well except the computer time one. I've been doing a lot better at getting my water drinking goals in. I'm getting short walks in before it gets hot, PT exercises and youtube daily. Today was AltheanX focusing on biceps. Some very good and different ways of training. Well, timer is going off. My 30 minutes are about up. I better get a good stretch or two in.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-20, 11:42 AM  
Leonana

I did my volunteer filing at the hospice yesterday. I wore my mask for three hours. Boy, it was hot even with air conditioning! It was good to get out and be productive.

Vannie, that is a lot of steps!

Katie, Good job with the timer. I'm so bad about the computer. I spend way too much time on it!
Old 08-07-20, 02:39 PM  
Vantreesta

I have wanted to jump on the elliptical several times but I can't get the display to work and of course if I don't have stats it didn't happen! It's hardly been used but the batteries don't seem to be working. I emailed customer service to find out the cost of a power adapter but that was I think Monday and haven't heard a thing from them except for we got your email. Grr.

It's just been that kind of week. Thankfully nothing bad or important, just those irritating things that pile up. The display on my Fitbit died so I'm trying to decide btwn Charge 3 and 4. My computer would not cooperate on Wednesday and I had to miss grief support group bc couldn't get anything to come up. Yesterday I tossed a dumbbell along the floor and smashed my finger with it, pulling the nail away some from the skin. Tuesday and today I have had almost zero energy, not sure why on Tuesday but last night I was up till 1 bc I wasn't tired so I get why I am today. At least it's just little things, I can roll with this.

I ran Mon and Wed, did the DYY yoga challenge every day, yesterday did PowerFit and Core Fusion, oh and an episode of Happy Yoga with Sarah Starr. I worked some in the spare room yesterday, cleaned bathrooms Monday, dusting today. What I would love is to do is a nice slow flowy yoga practice then curl up with Cyric and my crochet. And a chai tea. Maybe I can make those things happen this wknd.

Old 08-07-20, 04:19 PM  
Leonana

I've been doing some Jessica each day, with Pahla Bowers on Wednesday. I did Pahla's workout in the evening, but was too tired yesterday morning. Then forgot to do it in the evening. Today was Jessica Smith's you tube Stepping Strength, to get some cardio and strength in.

Vannie, great job! It sounds like you got a lot of workouts in, despite all the challenges. I didn't sleep well last night either. I had two glasses of wine and forgot to workout. Not a good combination! I usually have one glass, but I splurged last night, and now I regret it. I'm the only one who drinks wine, and I don't buy it often. I end up throwing half of it out, after a few days.
Old 08-07-20, 07:46 PM  
Vantreesta

MT, have you heard from Carol at all? She hasn't posted on VF or TF for a few weeks. Just hoping she's okay.

Old 08-07-20, 10:09 PM  
MathTeacher

I have not heard from her in a long time.