Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-24, 09:13 PM  
Leonana

I'm feeling better, but still recovering, low energy and still coughing. I did go back to work yesterday, I was getting depressed sitting at home. I sit a lot while watching the kids, and so far I'm doing okay. A bit tired though.

So, at least I'm getting some steps in at work. I'm hoping light exercise will help with recovery.
Old 03-20-24, 01:38 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Sherry, glad you are feeling well enough to go back to work. That was a tough hit.

Vannie, glad you're having a good month! We have had some windy days recently and there is definitely a bite in the wind. We are supposed to get some snow tomorrow and maybe over the weekend too. Winter isn't quite over but not really bad either.

I'm still doing some exercises and walking but not posting the points this month. I had a ridiculous setback to my neck at my eye Dr. appt. My neck has severe osteo damage and I really try to protect is from setbacks. My eye Dr. is great but she wanted me to get a glaucoma image of the nerve behind the eye. The last time I had this done was over 20 yrs ago so not unreasonable to update it since I sometimes have a slightly higher than normal pressure reading(so do my sibs and mom so probably genetic). Thankfully, I do not have glaucoma but the techs that did the imaging(Dr. not present for this), seemed inexperienced as it went on(like the B team) and kept moving the machine on me which aggravated my neck. The machine seemed fickle too...maybe it was old. I do inform them of my neck and even bring in my most recent xrays but I couldn't predict this experience. That night, I woke up unexpectidly and couldn't use my right hand for a while which I've never had happen before. So I'm going to see my PT next week and go over a variety of things with her. Sigh. Prior to this, I was really having a good winter and felt really good about all the progress I've made and felt I could make more. I hope this is just a speed bump but it's exhausting. Sorry to go on...sigh

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-24, 04:29 PM  
Leonana

I’m sorry, Katie that must be so frustrating. I hope it resolves soon.
Old 03-21-24, 06:31 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Thanks Sherry. I am making improvements again but still not quite where I was prior to that aggravation. Hopefully soon!

Do The Next Thing!
Old 03-26-24, 03:30 PM  
Vantreesta

April thread is up!

https://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/foru...78#post3025778
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-24, 12:32 PM  
Vantreesta

I've actually already gotten more than my max points. I didn't think to adjust my extra credit stuff to be more equitable with the number of goals I had. Oops!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 03-28-24, 01:48 PM  
Vantreesta

Really not much to report here. I think I picked up a cold bug at the mall and started feeling sick the following Wednesday. I finally felt better yesterday and didn't take a nap and did 3 walks for the first time in almost a week. I ran errands to pick up stuff I was out of or almost out of and boy did that add up! Plus I had to pick up Cyric's heartworm and flea/tick preventatives. Ouch! It's hard to believe I paid double that for so many years with two dogs.

We got snow on Sunday, I think they said about 7", but then it turned to freezing rain and then to just heavy rain, so nearly all the snow is gone. Hubby did shovel once. Hmm..actually, that may have been on Friday, I think we got a couple inches then. The days seriously got all confused for me with both of us sick and him coming home early on Friday. We were supposed to play D&D on Sunday but rescheduled. It's supposed to be mostly highs in the 40s for the next week then they're saying 60s but we'll see.

I had just started a new rotation when I got sick so I'm just going to restart it on Monday. I'd like to run tmrw but we'll see. I'm still coughing some and don't really want to set off a fit. I for sure will jump rope so I don't lose my consecutive week streak! I've spent the last couple mornings trying to catch up on my logs, so I haven't been very active yet.

So excited today is baseball opening day! My Twins don't play till 3:10 so I've got a few things to get done before then. I will have to miss a little to walk Cyric and run an errand with hubby, but hopefully it won't take too long, and at least I can listen while I do those things. GO TWINS!!

Tue 3/19 43 minutes
43 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.65 mi)
Pedometer: 9342 steps, 4.51 mi/Fitbit: 10901 steps, 5.15 mi

Wed 3/20 80 minutes
18 minutes (from Yoga with Joelle -Yoga for SI JOINT PAIN - 20 min Stretches for Sacroiliac Joint Pain Relief, YT)
11 minutes (from B. Bowman GuerrillaZen Fitness 10-min Knee Stability Routine for Bulletproof Knees, YT)
5 minutes (from C. Jordan -Help for Shin Splints Exercises, YT)
46 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.75 mi)
Pedometer: 11720 steps, 5.65 mi/Fitbit: 11892 steps, 5.64 mi

Thu 3/21 21 minutes
21 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.29 mi) came down with a cold, trying to get more rest
Pedometer: 6264 steps, 3.03 mi/Fitbit: 6832 steps, 3.26 mi

Fri 3/22 26 minutes
26 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.62 mi) resting
Pedometer: 6366 steps, 3.04 mi/Fitbit: 6035 steps, 2.85 mi

Sat 3/23 20 minutes
20 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.28 mi) resting
Pedometer: 5262 steps, 2.57 mi/Fitbit: 6569 steps, 3.14 mi

Sun 3/24 0 minutes
still resting with a cold
Pedometer: 2538 steps, 1.29 mi/Fitbit: 2609 steps, 1.23 mi

Mon 3/25 0 minutes
still resting with a cold
Pedometer: 3136 steps, 1.57 mi/Fitbit: 3591 steps, 1.7 mi

Tue 3/26 39 minutes
24 minutes (from S. Starr Happy Yoga S4E4 Blooming Sunset, TV) 1st time
5 minutes (from PT stretches)
10 minutes (from 1 dog walks .65 mi)
Pedometer: 4621 steps, 2.26 mi/Fitbit: 5197 steps, 2.37 mi

Wed 3/27 49 minutes
5 minutes (from PT stretches)
44 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.79 mi) finally have some energy again!
Pedometer: 12600 steps, 6.1 mi/Fitbit: 12719 steps, 6.05 mi

Old 03-30-24, 10:08 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Hi Vannie, way to go on your points this month! I've not been keeping track. It's been very busy and distracting. We'll see what April brings but that could be a pretty busy month too.

Thanks for the reminder on flea/tick for the doggies. We've been getting some snow(like today) on and off. It hasn't amounted to much though.

I've decided to order a slant board and maybe a theracane too. I've come across more exercises for the slant board that the half foam roller can't really accommodate. I remember Blake from Guerilla Zen using the theracane on some of his clips and it looked helpful for those hard to reach places that are a little knotted up. I'm thinking DH might fine it helpful too.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 03-30-24, 12:43 PM  
Vantreesta

Katie, I've wanted a theracane for a long time now and haven't bit the bullet. I'll be curious how you guys like it. Do you still use your acupressure mat? It's still on my wishlist too.

Old 03-31-24, 08:58 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, I will sure let you know. I'm planning on getting the order in tomorrow. I still have my acupressure mat. I wish I would use it more. My exercise/computer room(our whole house really) goes through phases of too much extra stuff. I've freed up a little more space recently and maybe I can get into using it again. I really do like it.

Do The Next Thing!