Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-14, 07:59 PM  
sunnyside

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoegirl View Post
I don't have one, but I saw this the other day and thought it looked cool: http://flipbelt.com/
I have the Flipbelt and it holds a lot with no bounce. There are slits all the way around the belt to store things. It holds my IPhone with otter case just fine. You flip it inward to secure anything from falling out, but I haven't felt the need to do that so far.
Old 07-10-14, 03:47 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
There is a "waterproof" version, though the one review says it's more water resistance: http://www.amazon.com/SPIbelt-Adults.../dp/B0091HAJM2

And on the Spibelt site, they sell a "waterproof accessory," AKA plastic baggie.

I used mine once when it was raining (one of the very, very few rains here in the desert) and was able to put my phone in a baggie and then in the pocket and it was fine.

I also use a HipsSister belt occasionally. It has a little more storage room. Or I wear a Sparkleskirt. Pricey, yes, but you wouldn't believe how much you can fit in those pockets!
I wondered about the waterproof products. I Stand Up Paddle Board and don't usually get wet but I always use my old IPod just in case I fall in. I wouldn't be too heart broken if I ruined it. My IPhone is a whole other story.

That HipsSister stuff looks good too. Thanks for the link.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-14, 03:49 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
I have the Flipbelt and it holds a lot with no bounce. There are slits all the way around the belt to store things. It holds my IPhone with otter case just fine. You flip it inward to secure anything from falling out, but I haven't felt the need to do that so far.
This looks good too.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-14, 07:02 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I have the pink/black Spi belt and have used it for several years now. Never use a baggie though, and I sweat alot, lol!

It's amazing how much you can stuff in the pocket!

Thanks for the link to the hipster, very interesting. DH just ordered a flip belt this week for our race coming up soon. He was trying to figure it out last night, lol.

Kathy
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-14, 07:34 PM  
buffmama

I was all set to order a spibelt and I saw some armbands atTJMaxx that might work. How are they with a light jacket? Do they stay in place?
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-14, 08:31 PM  
rheash92

Old Thread alert------

I wanna get one of these. Quick question. Can you fit in a small water bottle in this one and not have any bounce? Thanks!
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 07:08 AM  
buffmama

I ended up with a spibelt and am happy with it. I don't think you could fit a regular water bottle in it, maybe a small hand held bottle but I don't think it would be comfortable. I move my belt around so the pouch is in the back but have to move it to get out my directions when I'm on a new route. They have 'belts' that hold different number of water bottles. That might be your best bet.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 07:24 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
Old Thread alert------

I wanna get one of these. Quick question. Can you fit in a small water bottle in this one and not have any bounce? Thanks!
I have the Spibelt plus I carry this light weight water bottle with a little bit of storage (enough for a key, gel, etc.).

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/Amph...ge-AHHL12.html

You definitely couldn't fit a water bottle in the Spibelt or the Flip Belt. Amphipod does make a belt that carries a water bottle and has some small storage. I've tried wearing belts with water bottles but the sloshing drives me crazy!

Kathy G
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 08:10 AM  
KarenP
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I had -- and liked -- my Amphipod.
Same here. Big enough for my iphone. I use a "waist pack". Here are the newer models. Mine looks similar to the airflow light.

Karen

QUIT SLOUCHING!!!
KarenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-15, 07:36 AM  
pharma_gal

Old Thread alert - I want to get one of these for myself and am leaning towards the flipbelt as it seems it may be able to fit more things. But one of the posters mentioned that you have to flip the belt in order to make sure thing don't fall out. So my question is does the flip belt not have like a chain to hold things in place? Because I will be using this in the gym too and am worried if I bend over things will fall out. Should I get the spibelt instead?

Thanks.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
runners