Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-14-15, 04:24 PM  
pharma_gal

I was feeling tired and unmotivated too so I have joined a gym for the summer and am enjoying working out there (my DH and I workout together so that is also the fun part). Also my health insurance is paying for the membership for the both of us so that's nice. I'm no longer dreading my workouts and am also getting results. I'm sure once winter rolls around I'll go back to doing my home workouts but for now this is turning out to be really fun.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-15, 06:36 AM  
Lilypad

Lynn0-
You are so right. I have been really feeling burned out lately. Just with everyday stuff. The kids, house, work, etc. I really don't socialize either. My husband and I hardly ever have time alone because we have have no one to watch our girls. So it's us all the time.
Thanks.
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-15, 02:34 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilypad View Post
Lynn0-
You are so right. I have been really feeling burned out lately. Just with everyday stuff. The kids, house, work, etc. I really don't socialize either. My husband and I hardly ever have time alone because we have have no one to watch our girls. So it's us all the time.
Thanks.
This was me for awhile, until I started a new rotation and incorporated yoga that was happy or that had soothing music. Happy yoga for me talks positive stuff. For me, I really need to workout to feel good mentally. If not, I am cranky and creaky
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-15, 03:56 PM  
shoegoddess

I'd love to take Turbokick and PiYo classes but I've got so much money tied up in DVDS and equipment my DH would flip if I even mentioned a membership to a gym

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-15, 06:20 AM  
Lilypad

I just did my 3rd Hot Detox Yoga class last night and I want to say it's been an amazing experience. I love love love it. I feel so great when I am done with the class. So light and mentally clear. I can not even describe how happy I've been feeling since I started last week. I did not even know my gym offered so many different types of yoga classes. I also took a meditation/stretch class which was awesome.
I defintely recommend it to everyone who has access to take a class. Yoga so far in the short time I've been doing it for me, has been so benefical.
Have a great day everyone!
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-15, 10:17 AM  
TinierTina

Even if it's yoga fusion ... _/|\_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilypad View Post
I just did my 3rd Hot Detox Yoga class last night and I want to say it's been an amazing experience. I love love love it. I feel so great when I am done with the class. So light and mentally clear. I can not even describe how happy I've been feeling since I started last week. I did not even know my gym offered so many different types of yoga classes. I also took a meditation/stretch class which was awesome.
I defintely recommend it to everyone who has access to take a class. Yoga so far in the short time I've been doing it for me, has been so benefical.
Have a great day everyone!
I do remember fondly the last live yoga class I ever took, one year ago ... in a studio that had it for a while, in the Yogea Artflow Yoga style, which is yoga fused with modern dance.

Well, it felt, to me, like a community ...

The men, women and youths in the class going through the same sequence and the spirituality of it, together ...

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-15, 07:55 AM  
cmarsh4

I do both. I do my DVD's at 4:30 in the morning for 30 minutes and then on my lunch hour I go to the Gym in the winter or if it is cold or raining. On nice days I go for a run outside at lunch. I don't like how busy the Gym gets after work but at lunch time it is not bad at all.
cmarsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote