Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-24-03, 06:35 PM  
ValeriePD

I lost 10lbs. in just 6 weeks and reshaped my lower body doing the walk away the lbs. for abs. I started on the 1mile of course, and by the end of the week I was doing the 3 mile. By the end of the second week I had added 1lb hand gloves to each of my hands, and 5lbs. weights to each of my ankles. To me the workouts are great. I just bought her 2mile express which uses the bands, cause they didn't have the 3mile in, and I have her 4mile express which doesn't use the bands. You will sweat so bad in the 4mile....lol so be prepared. In the 2 mile express with the bands, I bought my bands at wally world as well as all my weights. Let me tell you my legs wow. Let's just say I got a great workout with that video. I think you get better workouts when you do cardio then throw the good old weights in there. I know I burned alot more calories doing her tapes then just regular old walking jogging. Of course I wouldn't be caught dead outside my living room all suited up in my weightly armour...lol.

Valerie
ValeriePD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-03, 06:45 PM  
Seabush

I think the miles are close to what's stated but not actual. I've lost pounds with Leslie too. I use them on days when I want to do some type of cardio but have no desire to be drained.

Crystal
Seabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-03, 07:35 PM  
knitter_mom

I use Leslie's tapes to add on anywhere from 15-30 minutes of cardio after doing a SS DVD, and find they fit the bill perfectly. I don't dread doing them even if I'm really tired, and they keep my heart rate up there, especially since I usually keep 3 lb weights in my hands and keep the movements really big. I've also found that I end up feeling more energized after doing a few miles with her than if I didn't add on any cardio, which is wild, but highly appreciated!

Kris
knitter_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-03, 12:09 PM  
Lynne11

I don't think the miles are all that accurate

Sometimes I like to work out on the treadmill while watching an exercise video. Weird, I know. When I walked to Lesle's videos, I pretty much stuck with the beat of the music but found that my distance was much less than what they claimed in the video. YMMV (literally)
Lynne11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-03, 12:12 PM  
DD1

May I ask how long the videos are? How long does it take to walk a mile?

It takes me 10 minutes to run one, and that isn't a bad running pace

Dee
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-03, 01:27 PM  
kyrin
VF Supporter

Red face Great for beginners and light cardio...

I acquired the WAP/abs tapes after having been plateaued for a few weeks. They helped kick start another round of inches lost (especially abdomen and hips), so I have little negative to report about them. In fact, I recently added the 4-mile express to the line-up, bought the walk-jog tape this week, and sent the 1-mile (get started) tape to a friend to introduce her to indoor walking.

The tapes came in handy when I was still having to convince myself to get up and work out. Now, they don't provide the same cardio benefits for me and have been shuffled a little lower in the rotation priority, but I love them for light cardio days or as warm-ups before a stretch session (like KV's Pure & Simple Stretch) or before a yoga workout.

I think part of the beginner benefit for the tapes is that they're fun. Anything that's fun is more likely to find its way into the VCR/DVD player. Who really cares what the mileage is? Since each of us is at different ability levels, aren't heart rate and perceived exertion better indicators of energy usage than mileage anyway? If it's too easy, ramp it up a bit, but have fun doing it. JMHO.
Old 06-26-03, 01:51 PM  
kksg13

I think all of leslies miles are pretty much 15 mins each. The one mile tape is 20 mins and that includes a stretch. The three mile is 45 mins etc...
kksg13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie miles, mile equivalency, outdoor walking