Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-05-13, 10:03 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmiller View Post
Kettlebells provide functional training, along with cardio and strength, and there's almost no impact involved if you're not into that. I hope to be doing kettlebell training into my 60's and 70's.
Ditto all of that. Unfortunately, I'm getting closer and closer to being in my 60's.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 06:29 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
+1; currently "on"

Congrats!!
Thanks! What kettlebell workouts are you doing lately?

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 05:02 PM  
jessicavi

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Ditto all of that. Unfortunately, I'm getting closer and closer to being in my 60's.

Carol
If you're still doing bells at almost 60, that's cause to celebrate. That means you still have the strength and youthful energy to do your daily life activities virtually unassisted. I definately want to be doing them for the rest of my life to preserve my independence. I'll be 45 this year.
jessicavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 05:34 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicavi View Post
If you're still doing bells at almost 60, that's cause to celebrate. That means you still have the strength and youthful energy to do your daily life activities virtually unassisted. I definately want to be doing them for the rest of my life to preserve my independence. I'll be 45 this year.
I thought the same thing. Being alive and still have the strength to workout...I cant imagine anything unfortunate about that!
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 09:07 PM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
To me using kettlebells are the most empowering form of exercising. I feel like on the top of the world after a nice and dynamic workout. An there is always room to grow!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmiller View Post
Kettlebells provide functional training, along with cardio and strength, and there's almost no impact involved if you're not into that. I hope to be doing kettlebell training into my 60's and 70's.
I'm 64. I love kettlebells for most of the same reasons mentioned in this thread. I love AOS Providence and Lauren Brooks. I completed Skogg's program and RKS last year and plan on repeating them again this year. Swinging a kettlebell gives me a feeling that's different from any other fitness activity I do.

I plan to still be swinging one when I'm 85.

Yours in fitness and health!

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 10:26 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
I agree - my only complaint is that I have more nagging injuries and problems - things like bone spurs that mess up my shoulders and make me have surgery, etc. It's frustrating. Youth is definitely wasted on the young.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 11:51 PM  
buttons11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertoolate View Post
I plan to still be swinging one when I'm 85.

Yours in fitness and health!

Ann
oh Ann that is a great plan!

I had seen your trade list some time ago that included some AOS workouts and wondered if KB's just didn't click for you...but so glad to see you are still enjoying KB's...keep on swinging!
"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new" Socrates NOT the Greek one, Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book that Changes Lives by Dan Millman, 1984

"Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace" Dalai Lama

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." Earl Nightingale

Still training to outrun the zombies buttons
buttons11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 01:32 AM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons11 View Post
oh Ann that is a great plan!

I had seen your trade list some time ago that included some AOS workouts and wondered if KB's just didn't click for you...but so glad to see you are still enjoying KB's...keep on swinging!
Buttons,

A couple of the AOS were a little too advanced, even for me -- LOL! The nice thing about kettlebells is there's a level for everyone.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 06:38 AM  
Just_Jo

Skogg just rocks. I still am not sick of them after doing Skogg since August of 2011! You just get better and better. Great system.

I love kettlebells so much that I am now learning the WKC style lifting. Someday I hope to go for rank--that's my latest goal.

Kettlebells are just PERFECT.
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 06:44 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Just_jo,
Nice avatar!

Sue,
Congrats on snatching a 30! That's a feat.

Look, there's some kettlebell jewelry here:
http://www.fitnessfanstore.com/kettlebell-jewelry/
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebell, skogg