Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-11, 09:57 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

? About Defective DVD through Amazon Marketplace

I ordered Karen Voight's Ballet Bodysculpt through amazon. It shipped directly from KV. It was shipped promptly and I received it in a timely manner. I opened it a few days after I received it and there is a big crack in the DVD. I put it in my DVD player and it didn't play, obviously, it's damaged. I went to amazon's site and contacted the seller through amazon and explained the above and requested a replacement DVD. This was on Tuesday. It's Saturday and I have heard nothing back from the seller yet. How long should I wait before I put in a claim with amazon? Is that even the next step? I've never had a problem with any orders before so any advice or past experiences is helpful. TIA.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-11, 10:08 AM  
Hej

From what I understand, you can put a claim through and then if the seller makes good, you can withdraw it then. That's what I did when I received a shrinkwrapped empty DVD box. I wasn't sure how to contact the seller, so I complained to Amazon and they did it for me. The seller was great and addressed the problem immediately.
Hej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-11, 10:37 AM  
Donna D

you could email Karen directly - customer@karenvoight.com
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-11, 03:42 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Maybe I'll try Karen directly, even though I thought the e-mail I sent was going to her. If I still don't hear anything, I'll have to go to amazon. Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 04-16-11, 05:14 PM  
moonbeam31

amazon is excellent about making problems right! I once got a bootleg Tracy ANderson DVD from a third party seller and amazon refunded my $29 dollars in the form of giftcard credit-that was fine with me because I used giftcard credit to buy it. If you don't hear back from the seller by Monday- I would file a claim! Good luck!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11, 08:16 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Thanks. I e-mailed karenvoight.com directly and they got right back to me and will send out a replacement DVD on Monday. So it looks like everything will be resolved soon, hopefully. I just don't understand why the e-mail I sent through amazon didn't reach her. Oh, well. Thanks again for all the helpful suggestions.

Tags
amazon, amazon marketplace, amazon.com marketplace, karen voight