Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-24-16, 08:43 PM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
I did Bootcamp today, and I couldn't do the barbell over the step move simply because of lack of ceiling space. Instead I did one set of the clean and presses only, and for the second set did the over the step squat with no weight. I too can deadlift more than I can front raise, so I will have to modify that move next time. Overall I had a lot of fun with this one and the time went by quickly. I will certainly be doing this workout again.
I haven't seen this move yet, but it sounds similar to what Patrick does with a body bar. i modify by doing the overhead part while on the floor and lowering when going up to the step. Same move essentially, but it takes care of that low ceiling issue.

Donna H
Old 12-25-16, 03:00 AM  
lorajc

okay - for future endeavors, I will ...thanks, Lora
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-16, 08:21 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafelattee View Post
http://shop.cathe.com/help_answer.asp?ID=20#122

Its better to buy from totalfitness
Do you know if Mary does the 10% off discount on these?
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-16, 11:07 AM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
Do you know if Mary does the 10% off discount on these?
Yes.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-16, 11:48 AM  
suzannaerin

I tried Ramped Up Upper Body. It's a solid workout. I was pleasantly surprised how much time she spent on the back, especially compared with chest. Overall, I liked it but the pace was a tad quick for me. The premix selection gives lots of options.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-16, 05:05 PM  
s2546

i did the first premix for PHA and i loved it. i thought this was fun and effective- one of her best weight workouts for me- i like endurance & metabolic type workouts. i also like bootcamp a lot. so far this is one of my favorite sets. i also loved ICE.

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-16, 10:32 PM  
marki64

Done with Xmas. Yeah! Not sure which one to do tomorrow. Can't wait to have some me time. I previewed cardio slam, looks fun. The ab section looks tough.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-16, 08:23 AM  
wendy2

I just finished doing Strong and Sweaty Boot Camp. I enjoyed it. It did not feel super advanced to me. It felt like some of her Live Workouts in terms of intensity. Granted, I had only one riser on my step instead of two, but that's actually high for me... I think I mostly matched Cathe's weights with this one, though I use dumbbells instead of a barbell. I also modify super high impact to lower impact, but the cardio moves in this are not ones I really needed to change that much.
I liked the new moves (quick transfer of dumbells during some squat/lunge moves) and the compound moves were, I'm so happy to say, not her usual lunge with tricep or bicep or squat with overhead press. She mixed things up and this was a fun, no-dread workout.
I would recommend this to people who like ICE's intensity, because it can definitely be more of an intermediate workout. I think it can also be all out advanced if you use more risers, heavy up a bit more than I did on the weights, and don't modify to lower impact.
I will definitely do this one again! It's a goody (Music volume seemed better than TB Giant Sets.)
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-16, 10:39 AM  
cecififi

I just did PHA - whoa - that slayed me. I had to stop several times and rewind just to catch my breath. I find the Cathe Live PHA tough as well. I don't think I've every finished a PHA recently as a result. Hmmm, I might have to focus on premixes or else prepare myself mentally to do this workout - kinda reminds me of tabatacize - I have to mentally prepare for that one too. I enjoyed it, the moves, the outfits etc. It's a goodie and what a cardio effect!
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-16, 10:49 AM  
Jenmgo

I did both PHA and boot camp today
PHA had me sweating and my heart rate was
Up there. I matched her weights or went heavier on some.
I did boot camp right after and it felt challenging
Boot camp was fun with lots of new moves
The only one I haven't done yet is the ramped up upper body

My favorites are cardio slam and boot camp so far

Looking forward to the upper body one

Tags
cathe, peripheral heart action, reviews, strong and sweaty, strong and sweaty reviews, total body giant sets