Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-15, 06:15 PM  
nevertoolate

P90 or P90X3?

I've been reading with interest the recent thread on P90X3. I'm interested in that set and also in the new revised P90. Can anyone give a comparison of the two? I like workouts in the 30-40 minute range that don't require a ton of equipment. I'm looking for a good, straight-forward strength training program for my husband. He's in good shape aerobically, but needs to add some weight training. I would be interested in doing the program as well.

Can anyone share any feedback on the two sets? Thanks.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-15, 06:40 PM  
tamib

I don't have them but have been trying to save up for p90x3, here's a review by the dysfunctional parrot, http://http://dysfunctionalparrot.com/health-and-fitness/p90x3_part1/ that will give you a man's point of view, He may have reviewed p90 also, there's a lot of reviews on his site.

Tammy
tamib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-15, 08:22 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Here's his P90 review: http://dysfunctionalparrot.com/healt...s/new-p90-pt1/
Old 03-06-15, 09:07 PM  
LoveVA

I shouldn't be posting in this thread because I can't answer your question directly. However, I did want to say that my husband is doing the P90X3 rotation right now and he is really enjoying it. He's lost weight (he's also following the nutrition guide) and the 30 minute format works perfectly for him. The Dysfunctional Parrot has some really good reviews. I'm not interested in half the workouts he (the Parrot) does, but I still read his reviews (mainly because I just like reading reviews of workout DVDs )
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-15, 09:51 PM  
andtckrtoo

I thought I posted, but guess not - if your hubby is already aerobically fit, I'd go with P90X3 - more variety and the workouts are more challenging. P90 may bore him.
Old 03-07-15, 07:42 AM  
CHAPLYN61

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertoolate View Post
I've been reading with interest the recent thread on P90X3. I'm interested in that set and also in the new revised P90. Can anyone give a comparison of the two? I like workouts in the 30-40 minute range that don't require a ton of equipment. I'm looking for a good, straight-forward strength training program for my husband. He's in good shape aerobically, but needs to add some weight training. I would be interested in doing the program as well.

Can anyone share any feedback on the two sets? Thanks.

Ann
The new P90 was the first 90 day rotation that I ever completed. I had good results and was not super strict with my diet. I love that each phase gets harder. It is doable. You can go as easy or as hard as you want. I think the breakdown on the blog was accurate. I especially loved phase "B" where I felt that I could go heavier and see the increase in strength every workout, every week. With some of the new workout every day scenario ( like x3 and fix), I think it's harder to see the gains. I think phase "C" is a perfect Segway to P90X3 as you see more compound moves and more balance work. I will probably do another rotation of this closer to summer ( getting ready to do 21Day Fix, then extreme after that), but next time I may shorten the time in each phase to 3 weeks each phase. Did I get board, no, but after 4 weeks on a phase, I was ready to move on. I see that you want to do it with your husband. Are you both at the same fitness/starting level?

Tags
dysfunctional parrot, p90, p90x3, reviews, tony horton