Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-21-20, 10:09 AM  
AnMrsDe

Wow, thank you all you LOVELY ladies for the birthday wishes!! I had a good day - very low key with lots of pampering, but that's what made it special to me! And, I didn't have to cook all day which was wonderful! My hairdresser made my day by mentioning that I don't LOOK 60! ;0) That alone, was the highlight!!!

We will celebrate with dinner out this weekend, so looking forward to that. As far as gifts go, I will probably receive more (I open my cards at dinner), but I am treating myself to Yvette's new site (Thanks for the heads up, Jane!) and will subscribe for the yearly rate. Yay for her!!! (Yay for us!!) I did use up a lot of Nordstrom GC's and only had to shell out $20 for some new black suede Ugg boots!! (which I needed badly! and I already received and they fit great!). I'm also counting Cathe's new P30 workouts which I'll receive next week?! I've been shopping and picked up some workout clothes, bras, etc. so that's always fun! And DH came home last night with the most powerful leaf blower in the world!! LOL I have no excuse now not to blow those leaves to high heaven!!! Gotta love the man! But it'll make things SO much easier for me with no cords. I may have to do some really tough strength workouts to hold the thing, tho. JK!

Jane, so glad to see you back and you're feeling better! Thanks for checking in!

Dorothy, thanks for taking the time to pop in with your best wishes! So sweet!

And, speaking of sweet, you all are so special with your endearing messages and pm's (so nice!) and I this check-in!! Let's always keep it going!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 02:18 PM  
AnMrsDe

T2B, I LOVE, LOVE Cathe Live Metabolic Meltdown!! It is definitely in my top three favorite Cathe Live workouts! I don't hardly have to modify anything in that one, and I love how it is so metabolic without any cardio in it!! I keep meaning to mention - - Great job on losing some of your COVID weight!! I think we all have added some extra "fluff" during the last 6 months!

Jane, I was scoping around Yvette's new site....I'm glad she didn't find the need to have a real top-of-the-line & complicated site. I'm sure the cheaper rates were affected by that - it's fine for me and like the nice, clean look. I plan to "like" each video I complete so I know if I have done it or not--love that feature! I'm also glad she kept a few of her YT videos on the new site...I saw one of them I really like, anyway. I do wish she would've included the workout times with the title, though, instead of always having to click on the workout to find out. Oh well....So glad to not have the issue of ADS, though!!!!!! Yay! Glad to hear some of the ones you've tried are a "hair?" easier than some of her older ones on YT!

Clerkin, any new news with Baby G? Or Baby Kian? Any plans to visit soon?

HELLO to all! TGIF! Very rainy and COLD here today, but according to some of you with SNOW up north, I will take the RAIN!!!
Old 10-23-20, 10:32 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Last night I walked 2 miles on the treadmill and lifted weights while I listened to the debate. Tonight I did a 3 mile dance walk while I nervously watched the scores from our fb game against one of our cross town rivals. After yet another stress filled week at work, I'm hoping to get out and plant bulbs tomorrow. Sunday's high is supposed to be 31 and we will have single digit temps Sunday night! Ick!
AnMrsDe, Happy Birthday! Congrats on the new Uggs!
I have some extra covid fluff to work on
CharM, maybe someday I will try Tonique.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 06:11 AM  
T2B

AnMrsDe - glad you had a great birthday The leaf blower made me cackle. I would really appreciate a gift like that If I were like you and did all the landscaping maintenance for multiple houses, I love practical gifts. A good deal on those Uggs. Glad you pampered yourself. You haven’t mentioned the baby lately, how is she doing?

I love Metabolic Meltdown. What are your other top 3 CLs? I should have my new Cathe DVDs on Monday. Thanks for the congrats on the weight loss. Down another pound this morning so 6#’s to go. Once I started back working out first thing in the morning things slowly started to move. I plan to focus on my food a little more in the next month. So far the major change has been those early morning workouts. Also no more lounging around in tshirts, sweats and/or tights. Started wearing jeans and nice shirts and cardigans for WFH hours. After my work hours are done, then I put on the tshirts, sweats or tights. LOL

tangerine - hope you’re doing well. I’m sure you are busy with school from home. Strength to parents with school age kids and to our teachers.

Char - you are still cracking me up.

Chrys - sorry you had another stressful week but glad it’s over. Enjoy your weekend. What kind of bulbs are you planting?

bex - great job with your recovery and workouts.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 05:45 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. No bulb planting because it's COLD and rainy today. It's supposed to be warmer next Saturday. I've gotten lots of steps in by doing laundry, house cleaning, and chasing Jethro around. Tonight I'm going to do a Firm Zip Trainer workout. I've got cysts again (had an extra mammo/ultrasound appt. a couple of weeks ago) and they hurt! That hasn't happened before. I remember my mom sitting with a heating pad on her chest, and now I know why. I got the Cathe Perfect 30s on VF Roost, for less than Cathe's price. Hooray!
T2B, I love all flowers! I have tulips, allium, daffodils, lilies, and more to plant

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 01:36 PM  
CharM

Chrys, I'm sorry to hear about the cysts. I hope they'll go away on their own.
And wow on your Cathe purchase! I hope you'll enjoy them.

T2B - I thought bringing Cathe out of hiding was my idea, but now I think I was subconsciously influenced by your workout logs.

AMD - I love that you got a new leaf blower. After picturing you walking like a crazy person while pushing the baby in the stroller, now I'm picturing you "going to town" with that blower. That new toy sounds fun.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 08:39 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Char You’re workout log is really cracking me up!!! And so creative too!! Toniques are definitely near the top of my scary list too!! There’s a great Tonique thread that I’ve used as a reference http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=220622 There’s something I really like about those workouts but I mostly just stick to the Barlates versions.

AnMrsDe Sounds like you had a really great birthday!! I’m sure that backpack blower will make quick work of those leaves. They just started coming down this week here. I can’t wait for you to try some of Yvette’s new ones. How do you “like” a video? I must have missed that somehow. I’ve just been commenting on the ones I’ve done. It’s hard to keep them straight when there’s so many. They all end up sounding the same.

Chrys That’s crazy you picked up Perfect 30 already! Sorry you’re in pain.

Clerkin Ugh! I’m sorry your shoulder has been bothering you too. It’s frustrating because like you said there’s so many other exercises that end up aggravating it. The one morning I tried to do a Penny with lighter weights for my shoulders and at about 40 minutes in there was a unweighted core exercise where I arched my arms over my head while lying down and it was just too much. It really takes the fun out of workouts when you have to be careful.

Cher I think the Viper counts as a scary workout!! It’s tough doing an hour of yin. I bought those yin workouts last year and I think I’ve only done two. If I didn’t fit them in during the pandemic I’ll probably never do them.

TB2 Great job dropping some of your Covid pounds! I was fine until the last few weeks before I went back work and then I went off the rails. I call it the lost summer. I need to be pretty strict with my eating most days, I’m just not one of those people that can intuitively eat.

Waves to everyone!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 11:40 AM  
AnMrsDe

Chrys, thank you! I hope you get to feeling better... I think I had a repeat mammo done at one time (heck, many of times!) which showed a cyst and they claimed it's b/c I have dense breast tissue and nothing came of it. Praying that is the case for you too; too bad they are painful though! Great score on the new Cathe's!!!

T2B, the baby is doing great, thanks! She is celebrating (or did this past weekend), her 1st birthday on Halloween! I can't believe she is 1 already as I watched her since 3 months old. I have really gotten attached to her!! She is just THE best little baby to care for!

That is a TOUGH Q about the Cathe Lives Top 3!! I have just SO many favorites but I guess if I HAD to choose 3, they'd be Metabolic Meltdown, Metabolic Madness, & PHA + Cardio Blasts....notice I go for the metabolic ones! //I see where you did my fav STS Plyo Legs workout!! I need to revisit it soon! That can also be rated as SCARY! ;0)

Char, LOL, that cracked me up! Too funny!

Jane, My Leaf blower doesn't have the backpack--I'm glad, as I didn't really want that weight on me yet! But I just have to blow/rake the leaves to the curb and the big truck comes to suck them up. (My leaves haven't started falling yet - heck, they're just now turning colors!) These are leaves/pine cones, etc. etc. from the neighbors! But I am prepared this time and since we trimmed a lot of limbs on our front tree this summer, I should be able to really see a difference with less leaves! (I'm anxious to see how far the blower can blow those darn pokey balls, though! Maybe it'll blow them to the neighbor's across the street, LOL!).

I really enjoyed my first Yvette Fit w/o!! It was a goodie that I will be repeating! To "like" a video, there is a heart in the top right corner of the workout to click on, but it asks for you to sign in again w/ your email address & password and yesterday when I tried to like the video, my email address couldn't be found in the system, so I don't know if it's now fixed or not? Let me know if it works for you.

Waves to all~ it actually was snowing here this morning - ugh! Not sticking, but com'on - it's not even November yet! Although, forecast for THIS Halloween is in the 50's...much different than LAST Halloween when we had a record 3" of snow!!!
Old 10-26-20, 01:18 PM  
amg

Super Scary Sunday - So, we took my son to the skate/scooter/bike park to ride his bike. He is 100% into riding his bike lately at this park with all the ramps and bowls to ride in. Not really sure what happened but as he was heading up half bowl he just fell when he reached the top about 4 feet onto his left side. He has been up and down that part of the park so many times in the last 5 years that we just can't figure out what happened. I saw him drop at the last second but it was so fast. I am still freaked out about it. Thankfully, he only has a sprained wrist and jammed finger after x rays. I am so glad that I have always made him wear a helmet because he did hit his head and I can't even think about what would have been without a helmet. Anyway, thanks for listening.

AMD - Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday with some nice gifts! I wish I had half of your energy for yardwork but I honestly am the worst with landscaping and gardening.

Chrys - Awesome on the Perfect 30 dvds. I pre-ordered them but haven't even previewed yet.

TB2 - Great job on dropping the lbs! I took a recovery month this month and have dropped a few too. I also focused on eating much better. I received Cathe's Perfect 30 dvds but plan to wait until November to start. I want to finish out October with easier workouts and keeping my eating under control.

Jane - I also have to be really strict with my eating. I am an emotional/stress eater so I really have to distract myself during stressful times.
Old 10-26-20, 03:17 PM  
T2B

amg - sorry for your scary Sunday! Glad your son is ok. Did he faint? Glad he had on a helmet, too, and for the minor injuries, all things considered. Great job on dropping a few pounds, too!

Chrys - good job on finding Cathe’s new series at a great price. That was a fast sale.

I’m clueless about when to plant bulbs and doing the work to get them planted.

AnMrsDe - those pokey balls are something else. I hope you don’t have to pick them up. Lol. Anyway, do you have ear plugs and goggles? Uggs are practical, lol. Gotta keep those feet warm. Good to hear baby girl is doing well. Is she walking?

I love all the workouts you mentioned. Love Me Some Kickboxing is in my top 3 though. Plus I love PHA + cardio & Meltdown. I bought mostly metabolic CLs and I bought all the PHAs. I recall really liking PHA 2020 too, I will have to revisit soon. Let me know if there’s a CL similar to Love Me Some Kickboxing or a cardio that is intense , but not a lot of tuck jumps and plyos, etc.

Jane - sorry you have been having shoulder issues. Shoulders can be so wonky and you never know when one wrong move will do you in. I always have to be careful with Cathe and I always hit a wall at 12 #’s for shoulders. I really dislike tracking calories.

Char - what workout did you do on the 25th? Still trying to figure it out. Your description made me LOL though. Yes, traveling especially now, is tiring. Hope you had a nice visit.

Cher - great job with Viper... a blast from the past. WW has been trying to get me to come back. The offers, lifetime rates, free months, etc but I’m still kind of salty about how they treated their employees during that layoff. How about stop hiring celebrities and pay your employees. Are you doing in person meetings?

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts