Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-19-20, 11:23 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA Meta and everything else - Fall/Winter 2020

We started out as a TA/Meta thread and some have moved to other types of workouts so all welcome. We post sometimes everyday sometimes less often.

So ALL WELCOME!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-20, 11:28 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Saturday - about 25 minutes of shine workout and then a CS episode
Yesterday - went to a horse trial - rode, walked around, stretched a little when I got home
today - Essentrics Flexibility for athletes

Had fun at the horse trial, saw my friends, jumped all the jumps, had to put in an inquiry about our cross country times, fortunately I had not cleared my stopwatch so once I showed the organizer (and given that everyone was about a minute over the optimum time and given that my watch and the recorded time was exactly one minute off) she agreed something was off and made changes. I know probably sounds like mish mash but the organizer understood but we were there a long time waiting on results.

A cold front came through while we were out there and it was cold last night (40's so cold for october for oklahoma).

hope you all had a great weekend, Terrie
Old 10-19-20, 12:35 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

buzzer - you might like this article - studied horses after their hooves are trimmed.

https://thehorse.com/193106/study-ho...eid=bdb02ac51d
Old 10-20-20, 05:36 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Arms (biceps and triceps)... DONE!

I enjoyed this workout too!! I watched STS Disc 27 or 28 with it. I warmed up with Cathe, then the first 3 sets she did a set of 15, 12 and 8. Since it was on my workout to do that rep range, I did it with her. She did overhead presses, I did my bicep curls. It was fun!! I pushed myself, lifted heavy, and went slower than Cathe. I synced my workout up with her when I could.. if she was doing a set, I would do it with her (but my exercise instead). If shew as resting, I rested with her. I liked having a little longer rests anyhow! I also did my reps during her rests, because the music is slower and relaxing and the lift cadence is nice to the rest music.

I don't modify this workout at all, I do it as written. Probably one of the only ones! My arms are comfortably sore today!

We also scooped poop in the pasture for about 90 minutes. LB did a LOT of scooping! I was proud of her. I was in charge of the wheel barrow, so I was taking the poop from the pasture to the poop pile. It was actually kinda fun, because another lady showed up and we all worked together.

We spent the morning doing school, scooped the poop, then did errands. I found a schlich horse advent calendar, and I am going to have LB do an advent calendar this year. We have never done advent, but her BFF's family does, and she is interested in what it is.

So there's a series called "Adventures in Odyssey" that is like a kids radio show, and I got their advent series. So between that and the advent calendar, I have probably overprepared for something I really know nothing about. I know it involves lighting candles too, so I have a candle holder than holds like, I dunno, 8 or 9 candles, and I am gonna wing it and see if it works.

In my previewing of STS, I might take a week and do a paper workout of some of the workouts. I don't like lifting to a video I've discovered, because I stress more about doing the lifts with them than in lifting my best weight. So I am thinking I might do it off paper, and just have the video on. I love Body Beast, but Cathe does exercises that might fill in the holes of BB since he works mostly large muscle groups and Cathe adds in some smaller. I don't want to burn myself out on BB, and I've been at it for like, 20 or 21 weeks now!

Eventmom: the horse does seem "prancier" since she get her hooves done! Her feet look so different and pretty. She has been more dusty, so maybe she is rolling around more! I enjoyed that article. Horses are pretty cool animals! We did do a little bonding and training with the horse, but just a few minutes. I think the other lady that showed up is going to try to show up more, she is interested in just being around horses. So I think it'll be good for LB to have a learning partner. We will see how much she's there though since she said it takes her 45 minutes to get here!

I wonder if your cold front was the same one that gave us that fog and cold on Sunday morning? It seemed like it passed in the late afternoon for the most part, but it was crazy! I went out to go to the workout room on a bathroom break about 5 something, then at 6 something when the sun came up I couldn't see the mountain on the other side of the valley. When I went out, it felt like it was going to snow. Now we are back to 70ish degrees!!

Oh, we get concrete tomorrow! I am so excited. Let's POUR!!!!

Ebianco: I hope you are having a great week, things are getting resolved for the best, and the stress is starting to lift. I really think you guys need a break. Stinks to be in your nice, resort like house and not feel good. You gotta get you matching your home!!

So there's talk of lockdown coming up very soon. I am not a fan, especially as a business owner. As a homeschooler, it doesn't matter. We will still do school as we always do school. I am hoping that it isn't a complete lockdown like it was last time, we can't do that. Most businesses will not survive a second lockdown. it's kinda tense right now among the business community. Denver has gone to more severe lockdowns, and we know when Denver does something, our county follows like puppies. Scary times.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 07:21 AM  
Buzzer

Bob Harper Yoga... DONE!

I think he called it the Inside Out series? I don't remember. I was surprised the copywrite was 2010, it doesn't seem that long ago this series was all the thing on VF!

I still have the workouts, I remember they all were horribly, dread worthy hard. The Yoga is really good though! My muscles were sore, so I enjoyed it. I skipped some of the "now do 5 pushups" and instead held the poses while he made them do movements. My biceps and triceps were sore, and still are, so the yoga felt good.

Today I will wrap up another week of Bulk with shoulders.

Today is also concrete day! We delayed it from last Wednesday, and we are doing it today. DH has been tweaking the garage this last week and doing modifications, so I am happy to have concrete today because he needs to stop and we need to move on to building again!

We have violin, then we are training the horse, then right away concrete. We will have way too many people, I think. My sister, her husband, her son (who is like, 20), plus DH has a friend from the 'hood, and 2 or 3 guys from "his crew" coming to help. I think we will be sending the "crew" home!!

So I will do shoulders, then probably run to the store for munchies for everyone and get my day going. Busy day.

We are still sleeping in the camper, and I have to say LB and I are enjoying it probably too much We chat and hang out. She headbuts me and kicks me while she sleeps, but I always call it "kid massage". There's been a few times she talks a word or two, so it's been fun because I had no idea she did that! Cracks me up.

Hope you guys are having a good week! We will enjoy today, that last day in the 70's. 6" of snow is in the forecast for Sunday, and the weather starts getting cooler starting tomorrow. But for today, we will take it and enjoy it!!!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 10-21-20, 10:04 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - barre3 + 20 min kv cardio
today - TA hip 2.5 day 8 - meta dc

well I'm on hold with the pharmacy that screwed me over in July. they are the specialty pharmacy for certain drugs so I don't have a choice about using them. Probably end up paying $700 for something I won't use.

buzzer - glad the horse is doing better. Not sure you can have too many people when you are pouring concrete but congrats on it happening.
Old 10-21-20, 01:17 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all,

Sorry again for my sporadic posting Catching up from last week:

Friday-Old school Firm Not so Tough Aerobics Mix and then some Firm Cardio with Carissa before Jessica Smith dynamic stretch for a total 45 minute workout. It was fun revisiting a compilation of the original Firms but I still don't want to seem to reach for the original volumes lately. The warm up on the Not so Tough DVD was from Volume 5, and it was really bizarre-like waltz moves mixed with a regular warm up, but I was able to keep up with it. It made me think of Tortoise with the waltz moves LOL.

Saturday-Firm Tortoise. My endurance has definitely improved a lot and I'm finding a lot of workouts easier, including this one. This used to be a real toughie for me. I'm gradually upping my weights but I've tweaked my shoulder somehow and am finding any kind of overhead presses to be tough for me.

Sunday-Simone rebounding and Pure Barre Results Seat. I marked this one as the easiest of the Results series, and it probably is, but I used a thick booty band on all the seat work and it was completely killer.

Mon/Tues-planned rest days

Wednesday-Fitprime Push Pull. I had to up my weights on this one too because it has also gotten easier. Still, I love this one!

Edited for today-Cathe High Step Training, the full 60 minute workout. Another oldie but goodie that I purchased recently. This one was really tough! Each of the five circuits started with HIIT style cardio and then a leg press section (so the workout had 5 sets of leg press of 15 presses each, plus a bonus 15 on the fourth circuit...this one rivals Firm Standing Legs for the volume of leg press! ) and each circuit ended with shoulder, tricep, bicep, back, or chest burnout with about three tough exercises of each. I just subbed some of the chest work for some ab work to make it complete. This one was great!

Eventmom Thanks for starting a new thread! I'm glad you had a great fun time at your horse trial and got to see friends! That's always a great novelty during these pandemic times.

Buzzer and Eventmom I still don't have a resolution to DH's issue. I don't know how it could possibly take so long. Thank you for your well wishes and positive thoughts though! Work is still extremely stressful and will be for at least another two weeks, but I'm anticipating that the holiday season will be significantly easier going!

Buzzer That is very scary about your community and another lockdown. I really hope it doesn't turn out that way! I agree the businesses would just suffer too much. Let people make their own choice on whether to keep their businesses closed, right? And then people can make their own choice on whether to go out shopping or not. I'm glad you have continuity at least with homeschooling and no confusion on that front.

I am all about Cathe right now but am being very particular about the type of workout I'm picking up. I'm really not at all interested in her pure cardio workouts, I could never follow her step routines and am not interested in doing an endless amount of drills/HIIT. Likewise, I'm not at all interested in her splits workouts. I just like working total body. On a rare occasion I'll do a splits rotation but I really don't prefer it. So the only workouts of hers I'm interested in are ideally total body strength + cardio, or just total body strength. There's still a lot of DVDs out there that fit this criteria! Yes, she is very compact and muscular, and just looks better with age! I know it's her business to keep looking youthful and cut, and has a lot of resources, but I'd like to think a lifetime of fitness will also help retain some of that youthfulness for normal folks

I know STS is really popular and seems like it would be a great mix into your body beast rotation.

LOL about Bob Harper and his Inside Out series (or whatever it was called). I know what you're talking about. The ones filmed in the gritty like warehouse set LOL. Often I'll do workouts that I felt aren't that old, just to find out that they are 10 or 15 years old now And I had bought them pretty much new. How did that happen?!
Old 10-23-20, 05:29 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Shoulders... DONE!
rest day... done!

I pushed myself on the BB Shoulders. It was hard! I enjoy lifting like this though. I can just take my time, work then rest. It's tough, but not so tough that I can't get through it. Plus I am enjoying watching other workouts too!

My sleep is back to crappy at best. I have put some gluten into my diet again (a few noodles in my soup, a piece of bread every now and then for a 1/2 sandwich) so I am wondering if that's why. I need to cut that out and see if I can sleep again! I've been getting just 4 1/2 to 5 hours of sleep lately. I hate it. Last night I went to bed at 10 and am awake at 3am. Gluten is hard to go completely free on, but I think I may need to! I need to sleep. Seriously need to sleep!!

Yesterday I took a rest day. All my muscles were achey, so I decided I haven't had a rest in a while so I did it. Besides, I slept crappy the night before (of course).

Concrete pouring went so well. We had my sister and her husband come over to help, and the local guy and his crew were a no show. I'm glad we didn't count on them!! I can't believe he no showed, if he were our only help we would have been soooooo screwed. There were some hiccups, mostly when my sister was running the drone was was looking down at the screen. The pumper guy moved the pump truck hose, and knocked the drone out of the air. I saw my sister walking around looking at the ground, and asked her what she was looking for. She said "Propellers. But don't worry, it's under control". HA! The propellers were pretty much destroyed, but it's funny now. the drone still works. DH bought it to take pictures of our progress, and within 10 minutes of starting it was knocked out of the sky!

It was exhausting though. We had one block blow out, but it was taken care of quickly. No big damage done at all. Now that's done, I plan to start building UP and get these walls done. Last night (or I guess tonight, since it is currently 4am) got down to the teens (currently it's 14 degrees out), so winter is hitting us fast.

LB and I are in the camper, however I think today I will move us back indoors. It's not cold out here, but if we lose power or if the propane on the camper heater runs out, we will freeze in the middle of the night. We are using a space heater and the propane one is just kinda a back up when the space heater can't keep up, but I don't want to take the chance.

Plus Sunday right now the forecast says 8 1/2" of snow. I don't want to be trodding to and from the camper in the dark in 8 1/2" of snow!!!!

Eventmom: I'm sorry about your health issues and the expensive drugs. I hope it really wasn't as expensive as you thought it would be!

Ebianco: I was debating what workout to do today. Do another week of BB? Do a Firm? A week of Yoga? then when you were describing the opening of NSTA, I thought, I should do that one! I am kinda not wanting to reach for the volumes right now, mostly because I don't want to work that hard. HA! I love the Firms, but the volumes aren't appealing to me at the moment. Maybe a week of full body Firms would be what I need.

I agree, let businesses stay open and let people decide if they want to shop there. If they don't want to, they won't. We just can't keep mandatorily closing family businesses and not giving people the choice if they want to spend their money there or not. If you don't think they should be open, don't go. If you are OK with it, go. But having the government mandating it is killing small businesses!! I have my limits.

If you need any Cathe's with cardio in them, let me know. I probably have them and need to get rid of them! Even the weight training with cardio. I just like my pure weight training, and will keep those and get rid of anything with Cathe cardio in it. I guess it's a good thing new workouts are few and far between, because I am finding my niche and probably wouldn't be buying many new workouts anyhow. LB is going to start working out with me when the garage is built, so I will keep my workouts to pass on to her since she will probably end up having videos in her collection throughout her life too. Hopefully they all work long enough for her to enjoy them!! Or hopefully she will have a way to transfer them to whatever media is "in" at the time.

I have two sets of pretty much every weight except 5's and 12's, so I'm almost set up for her to workout with me. I also have 2 fanny lifters. I only have one of the firm steps, but I can always use a fanny lifter on anything we need a step on. She is excited to start working out with me, which warms my heart!

So today I will move us back into the house. I will seriously miss the camper though. I love it. Just love it. Hopefully we will have some warm days again and we can move back out here for a few nights. It's like a house extension! Did I mention how much I love it?
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 10-23-20, 04:09 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - TA day 9 + shape cardio
today - TA day 10 + DC 1.3

So the shape dvd is on youtube so if I suddenly want to do it again I can get it there. It's on share the wealth now.

buzzer - great job on getting the concrete poured that's a huge step once it's framed I think it will be easier to see progress.

ebianco - sorry you don't have closure on the issue yet! fortunately horse activities are outdoors so they are happening.
Old 10-26-20, 02:27 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

ice day at OU - they are not even holding virtual classes b/c some areas are having internet and power problems due to the ice.

thought I'd check in since I've got a bit of extra time !!!

Saturday - TLT finding your core - liked it more than I remembered. It's really more of a total body workout on a stability ball rather than all core.
Sunday - yoga basics from caribbean aerobics before jumping my horse then lastics stretch after
Today - my vet was coming to work on all 3 horses so I decided not to start a new TA level. Finally broke out the Kelly Coffey-Meyer Circuit Burn and did the 30 min premix cardio/sculpting. I liked it and can see why these are popular - if you only had 30-35 min these really would be great options. Didn't love it, but liked it and all you need is dumbells!

hope you are both staying safe - I think the weather is pretty challenging over much of the country.