Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-21-20, 12:31 PM  
Vantreesta

Alta, Halloween is hands down my favorite day of the year. I usually get over 250 trick or treaters and have no idea what to expect this year. After 3 hours of handing out candy I change out of my costume into comfy clothes, go for a dog walk then settle into the dark for scary movies and too much candy.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 12:49 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Alta, Halloween is hands down my favorite day of the year. I usually get over 250 trick or treaters and have no idea what to expect this year. After 3 hours of handing out candy I change out of my costume into comfy clothes, go for a dog walk then settle into the dark for scary movies and too much candy.
Check out this Socially Distanced DIY Candy Server For Halloween

https://diyjoy.com/diy-decorations-candy-slide/

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 01:36 PM  
Vantreesta

I had heard about the candy chute! I just don't have the energy for treating smthg like that this year. I have spider tongs that I thought I could use so I'm not touching the candy when I hand it out. I never let kids pick their own anyway. It's just gonna be a weird Halloween, like the rest of the year.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 10-22-20, 07:26 AM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday was a rough day emotionally but I know it's gonna be that way and I know I will make it through. I'm thankful I had two amazing moms to miss!

I signed up for the new back pain yoga series on DoYou (used to be DoYouYoga). It's offered free this week. I think once you sign up you can access them whenever you want even though they will no longer be offered free after this week but I'm not positive. I've been meaning to get started but hasn't happened yet. Hopefully today.

Old 10-22-20, 11:46 AM  
Vantreesta

Freezing rain this morning so no long morning walk for us, which is unfortunate bc it is a highlight of my day. But I used the time for smthg I keep avoiding (though I'm not sure why) and wrote notes to my moms, which I hadn't done for a couple months. I decided that book will just be my grief journey journal, so I did some reading on grief journaling. I plan to use it to write notes to anyone I've lost and have smthg to say to them or for other feelings and whatnot related to grief and loss. Hopefully it will help me actually mourn and deal with the losses instead of moving from one obsession to the next, always hiding behind a busy mind. This month was a year since I lost my Chianna Bear and I will likely write to her and D'Argo some too even though they were dogs.

Old 10-22-20, 12:14 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Vantreesta, (((HUGS))) to you.

I'm reminded of this poster from back in the day:

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 12:17 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Alta. I seem to remember a poster like that!

I think it is just snow now so we'll go for a short walk as I anticipate slick sidewalks.

Old 10-22-20, 05:24 PM  
DCW

I so understand about grieving and mourning. I ignore my own grief until someone asked me what's happening to you?

I shelved it and put it away. Nice and neat. Then it comes out in a new form all different making me different. Time for me to grieve too.

Thank you for sharing Vantressa.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 09:38 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm sorry you're grieving too, DCW. I read one article today that I found helpful in that it differentiated btwn grieving and mourning. It said that grief is how you feel inside and mourning is how you show those feelings on the outside. I'm paraphrasing as I don't remember exactly how they worded it but I was glad to read it and think on it.

Old 10-27-20, 12:24 PM  
Vantreesta

I had a light bulb moment yesterday. I am sooo easily distracted during the day, partly bc I don't like doing the housework I need to do, but also bc my brain is always working (often fired by podcasts) so I have all these ideas I want to research so I stop doing or put off what needs to be done and ask Duckduckgo for answers. Often I do the search so I don't forget about it then leave the browser window open to come back to. Currently I have nearly 100 windows open! And I still forget to go back to them and just keep adding more. So I decided to start a distraction list where I can write down all the ideas that pop into my head so I can continue with my chores and do my research later. Most of it isn't really that important anyway so if I don't end up going back to it it's no big deal, but hopefully transferring the ideas from my head to paper will allow me to move on. We'll see if it works!

I also thought this morning about my to do list, which I write in a little daily calendar and check off as I complete tasks. Maybe it would motivate me to put a sticker on each day that the list gets totally done. I don't know if this will work but if I can find cheap stickers it's worth a shot! I am sick of feeling guilty over all the things I don't get done and then I beat myself up over it and don't end up doing the things I WANT to do bc I feel like I can't do them till the work is done so some days I end up really accomplishing nothing at all. This is not good self-care!

Tags
coping with adversity, meditation, self-care